Update: 2014 Seymour Work Plan - Trail Decommissions

June 3, 2014, 11:47 a.m.

Yeah, pretty sure TNT will lead you right to the top. Never tried, but that's what it looks like on the map.

Maybe we can convince them to leave Lola open, sans-structures. Not sure what their environmental concerns refer to… Any ideas?

June 3, 2014, 11:54 a.m.

Shame about Lola and Dales Rock Face. Surprised they are keeping Cambodia.

How does one decommission a rock face?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

June 3, 2014, 12:21 p.m.

Maybe they'll pull the entire rock out :lol:

June 3, 2014, 12:47 p.m.

By using…TNT!

June 3, 2014, 12:50 p.m.

they're just going to drop that big fir onto it

June 3, 2014, 12:55 p.m.

The crazy rock line on Cambodia (one of the toughest natural features in the corridor, at least mentally) is about 657% gnarlier than the one on dales. Did someone get hurt on dales? Used to be a tough move, pretty straight forward now. Could be easily decommissioned by making the run out unrideable, wouldn't be hard. What a shame.

June 3, 2014, 1:05 p.m.

The crazy rock line on Cambodia (one of the toughest natural features in the corridor, at least mentally) is about 657% gnarlier than the one on dales. Did someone get hurt on dales? .

It has a ride around that needs to get formalized.

I suspect Dales rock face is more about saving the big tree roots. I'll be really surprised if it's cut down.

June 3, 2014, 1:17 p.m.

^^ it won't be cut, that was a joke. Not that the tree roots are the real reason for this - its the same liability thing over and over. Environmental greenwash.

KPerras is spot on about people re-opening stuff that doesn't have a good reason to be closed.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

June 3, 2014, 1:25 p.m.

Sorry for the derail but is Cambodia now a legitimate trail? It always used to be something nobody talked about much and seemed that very few people even knew how to get there. I didn't even know what it was called when I found it a million years ago.

June 3, 2014, 2:30 p.m.

It has a ride around that needs to get formalized.

I suspect Dales rock face is more about saving the big tree roots. I'll be really surprised if it's cut down.

from the original document

we are not able to accept the safety issues associated with the original line

June 3, 2014, 2:44 p.m.

If you look at the LSCR map:

http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/maps/Maps/LSCRTrailMap.pdf

It's questionable that the rock face is even part of the LSCR. The section of Dales after that (where it is flatter) certainly is not.

:canada:

June 3, 2014, 2:46 p.m.

Sorry for the derail but is Cambodia now a legitimate trail? It always used to be something nobody talked about much and seemed that very few people even knew how to get there. I didn't even know what it was called when I found it a million years ago.

Well, given that it's now been mentioned in a public document issued by Metro Vancouver parks, it's pretty much out there now, nyet?

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 3, 2014, 3:02 p.m.

It's questionable that the rock face is even part of the LSCR. The section of Dales after that (where it is flatter) certainly is not.

so someone could happily reopen the braid with the rock roll after the final skinny and the old exit. it looks like the old aftertaste entrance could be reopened as well.

June 3, 2014, 3:04 p.m.

Well that would be a pickle is someone confirmed the survey and proved it wasn't on their land.

June 3, 2014, 3:19 p.m.

That map is pretty approximate; you can download the digital data from DNV and the Lower Seymour Park Boundary is quite different, trails for that area are not available so it is hard to tell exactly. NSSR has accurate trail information if anyone has access….