suck it oil and gas!

Jan. 16, 2015, 4:04 p.m.

Unless my math is wrong your burning 350ish L of fuel a month? I thought the interior was for hippies?

I just had a quick look through my records for the last year, seems my estimate was a bit high since I appear to burn closer to 75 L a week, or 300 L a month +/-

In the summer I commute a fair bit for work, a little bit of shuttling, camping on the weekend every so often, visiting friends who live in the country etc.

In the winter I dont drive as much because I'm not working, but I suppose mileage drops because I'm pretty much locked in 4x4 for half the year.

These figures are for a small domestic SUV, get's the same mileage as a brand new Toyota Tacoma that just rolled off the lot.

As someone else pointed out earlier, in the sticks people are still learning what public transportation is..we barely have any bus service let alone decent bike lanes etc and most rural communities are very spread out.

Jan. 16, 2015, 4:07 p.m.

Our military wears sweater vests now?

I don't like the guy,but show me a pic of him in uniform.

oops, wrong uniform. same jackass though.

Jan. 16, 2015, 4:12 p.m.

I've seen a couple of picts with him wearing soldier duds but you got google so find it yourself. I didn't really think about it at the time but harper wearing a uniform which is against protocol was a claim by Michel Harris in "Party of One " a book which is required reading for anyone who despise's or wants to despise Harper

Jan. 16, 2015, 7:38 p.m.

How about when the Cons claim they had increased service to the vets who are severely messed up with PTSD by closing vet service centers ?

replacing the pension with a one time payment

ironicaly harper is really big on the war [HTML_REMOVED] army thing all the time fucking over the soldier

Harper is always seen wearing army uniforms on vists which is apparently considered a big faux pas to a serving soldier

Pfffttt..nothing new there. Liberals and NDP will fuck over Veterans as equally. Good sound bites for all politicians looking to get votes to talk about what "they" think needs to be done and how they will fix it.

You care about veterans? Visit your local legion or give money to Soldier On instead of hoping your vote will make things better.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 16, 2015, 8:11 p.m.

WTF are you talking about, is the best you can come up with? It was the cons who did the latest cuts not the Libs or the NDP, its Fantino who needed to lose his cabinet post for some other asshole that will do all the same things which is whatever Harper tells him to do

Jan. 16, 2015, 8:48 p.m.

You care about veterans? Visit your local legion or give money to Soldier On instead of hoping your vote will make things better.

Legion membership is way down.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/royal-canadian-legion-needs-injection-of-youth-afghan-vet-says-1.2898642

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 16, 2015, 8:51 p.m.

Sorry to burst your bubble. https://m.gasbuddy.com/touch/?usite=Vancouver#StationList_page

Do you or do you not understand that the :rolleyes: was sarcasm?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 16, 2015, 11:18 p.m.

WTF are you talking about, is the best you can come up with? It was the cons who did the latest cuts not the Libs or the NDP, its Fantino who needed to lose his cabinet post for some other asshole that will do all the same things which is whatever Harper tells him to do

Politicians come and go. Beaucrats who actually run the department stay in place. 90% of the problems veterans face dealing with veterans affairs is dealing with the beaucrats.

Ministers no matter which party is in power4 answers to the PM and take their orders from the PM. Nothing new there.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Jan. 16, 2015, 11:23 p.m.

Legion membership is way down.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/royal-canadian-legion-needs-injection-of-youth-afghan-vet-says-1.2898642

Of course membership is down when going in to your local hall no longer requires a membership to say have a pint and watch sports.

Visit the one down the road a bit.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Jan. 17, 2015, 9:21 a.m.

Politicians come and go. Beaucrats who actually run the department stay in place. 90% of the problems veterans face dealing with veterans affairs is dealing with the beaucrats.

Ministers no matter which party is in power4 answers to the PM and take their orders from the PM. Nothing new there.

pretty sure that it's the politicians who are telling the bureaucrats not to spend allocated budget so as to return unused portions to treasury to help "balance" the budget. There was a time in the not so recent past, [HTML_REMOVED]cough[HTML_REMOVED] pre-Harper [HTML_REMOVED]cough[HTML_REMOVED], where cabinet members actually used their brains, and were more than parrots for the PMO.

Jan. 17, 2015, 9:58 a.m.

I've seen a couple of picts with him wearing soldier duds but you got google so find it yourself. I didn't really think about it at the time but harper wearing a uniform which is against protocol was a claim by Michel Harris in "Party of One " a book which is required reading for anyone who despise's or wants to despise Harper

Same jacket:

Same jacket again:

Camo:

Flack jacket [HTML_REMOVED] helmet:

Helmet:

Flack jacket [HTML_REMOVED] helmet again:

You get the idea.

Jan. 17, 2015, 10:04 a.m.

fuck ya craig apparently that is frowned upon by the soldier so all those people standing next to him are smiling and thinking "what a fucking jerk"

hey enduramil, as a direct result of the Harper's policys soldiers have less benifits, got fucked over on their pension by being kicked out before 10yrs, got fucked over on a lump sum payment which was way low even for the high level soldier and really low for most soldiers, not given support for PTSD to the point that there are now more soldiers (and that number is still increasing) who have committed suicide than were KIA serving in Afgahanistan this is all shit which ALMOST any idiot can google

instead you say oh yeah that always happens (which is untrue cuz only the cons have done the above) so everybody should drink beer which will save the legion?

BTW, we still have 2 vets in town and they were both from WWII in their 90's which might be the legion's problem the vets are gone … a new model is needed

Jan. 17, 2015, 11:09 a.m.

$2.08 per gallon in Blaine. Still going down to fill, even with it being 0.99 a liter up here. Still somehow saving $20 a tank even with exchange.

Shed head!

Jan. 17, 2015, 11:25 a.m.

what gets me is premium is 10 c a gallon more down there. here its an average of 10 - 20 c a liter.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 17, 2015, 12:09 p.m.

Same jacket:

Same jacket again:

Camo:

Flack jacket [HTML_REMOVED] helmet:

Helmet:

Flack jacket [HTML_REMOVED] helmet again:

You get the idea.

I see borrowed armour and a likely borrowed flight jacket.

No uniforms or military dress.

Pastor of Muppets