suck it oil and gas!

Jan. 26, 2015, 8:58 p.m.

The stone age ended because the use of copper was discovered.

That said, I'm pretty sure stone (aggregates) are still used everywhere. If you think oil will ever go away, you're kidding yourself.

Stone never went away either and its still here today. Technological advances led to better ways of doing things. It seems silly that 70+ percent of all extracted oil, such a versatile material, is simply burned for heat or transportation.

Jan. 26, 2015, 9:18 p.m.

I see. So it is your contention that the previous Liberal government felt that there is no social contract between the government and veterans, as has been argued by the current conservative government?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/veterans-don-t-have-social-contract-ottawa-says-in-lawsuit-response-1.2577053

So, the con government can send people to fight and get injured, killed or psychlogically damaged, but they have "no social contract" to help those people deal with it on their return. And that is no different than previous governments?

Yep. Knew guys who came back from Yugoslavia who saw stuff there who got no help on their return. Flown back to Van, given a hand shake of thanks, and please carry on with life. These guy's saw entire villages cleansed because they weren't Serbian, Croation, or what ever. Dug up mass graves and such. As I recall they had to seek their own help outside of government sources.

But here is part of the problem. Many of those soldiers we now have with PTSD are still working in the military in uniform in the CF. And it can be a challenge dealing with the military on this issue.There still is a Don't Ask Don't Talk about mentality with this generation of military command. As well as a multitude of reasons that are military specific that the average person won't understand.

Unfortunately we don't acknowledge or discuss it like they do in the UK or the US. So we don't have a Wounded Warrior Regiments or Army Wounded Warrior type programs. Which if we had soldiers with PTSD and other injuries would have greatly benefited from.

Let's both agree we are both pissed about this. I just trust either party as far as I can launch them off a conveyer belt.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 1, 2015, 9:32 p.m.

The United Steelworkers union, which represents employees at more than 200 U.S. oil refineries, terminals, pipelines and chemical plants, began a strike at nine sites on Sunday, the biggest walkout called since 1980.

I wonder how many of the above voted for either Republican or Democrat. People are so sure of themselves when they are making money.

Source

Feb. 5, 2015, 10:15 a.m.

This from sir Rick yesterday …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQeRppIguas

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Feb. 5, 2015, 6:37 p.m.

more good news related to oil and gas:

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2017080098_russiaoilspill.html

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 7, 2015, 4:19 a.m.

PTSD was well from WW1 onwards. 50% of soldiers returning from battle in WW2 suffered from it. The difference is that it had a different name then, like "shell shock".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS1dO0JC2EE

Feb. 7, 2015, 9:44 a.m.

more good news related to oil and gas:

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2017080098_russiaoilspill.html

So depressing. Where is that fatal airborne virus?

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Feb. 18, 2015, 10:42 p.m.

I issued this challenge to a friend of mine… I'll do the same here. First come, first serve on it.

I'll venture that on a 200 dollar investment in the oil and gas industry I can get a better return than you can in renewable energy. Winner takes all of the returns from the losers seed.

The rules:

1. The investment must be one registered, publicly traded company at a time (all or none, holding cash is acceptable - but investments must be made over the course of the year)
2. Transactions must be emailed prior to taking place in order to prevent retroactive lying.
3. The investment must be tied up in securities for at least 300 of the 365 days.

Of course, nobody in their right mind would take this on, because oil and gas makes more money than any renewable.

These cycles are healthy, they promote consolidation in the industry, they give employers an opportunity to cut terrible performers while retaining positions, they invite investment, they drive demand (more of you are driving / flying), and they weed out weak and debt laden companies.

As for the jokes about Albertan's losing all their stuff… that will certainly be the case for a number of young men who didn't plan for this. It will also be the case for families who were stretched, service industry workers who were trying to grind out 9-5 shifts at hotels and restaurants, people who just purchased homes and are looking at contracting values (me included in this one, I purchased at the height in August), and small business owners of various kinds.

So if you want a cheap sled or quad, ya, you will be able to pick one up… but those guys are the minority. It's not worth joking about, people are going to go bankrupt, kids will be eating out of food banks, and homes may even be foreclosed on.

Is it any more right to laugh at a rig worker who failed to plan then a stretched little old newfoundland housewife who opened a restaurant? I don't think so - they're unfortunate victims of circumstance and they don't deserve to be mocked in their misery.

Feb. 19, 2015, 7:22 a.m.

Of course, nobody in their right mind would take this on, because oil and gas makes more money than any renewable.

What is this bet trying to prove?

These cycles are healthy, they promote consolidation in the industry, they give employers an opportunity to cut terrible performers while retaining positions, they invite investment, they drive demand (more of you are driving / flying), and they weed out weak and debt laden companies.

Contra-wise, would it be that industries that see less speculation and less volatile cycles are less healthy overall?

I'm of the general belief that excessive speculation leads to misallocation of capital and resources.

Feb. 19, 2015, 9:43 a.m.

I issued this challenge to a friend of mine… I'll do the same here. First come, first serve on it.

I'll venture that on a 200 dollar investment in the oil and gas industry I can get a better return than you can in renewable energy. Winner takes all of the returns from the losers seed.

The rules:

1. The investment must be one registered, publicly traded company at a time (all or none, holding cash is acceptable - but investments must be made over the course of the year)
2. Transactions must be emailed prior to taking place in order to prevent retroactive lying.
3. The investment must be tied up in securities for at least 300 of the 365 days.

As for the jokes about Albertan's losing all their stuff… that will certainly be the case for a number of young men who didn't plan for this. It will also be the case for families who were stretched, service industry workers who were trying to grind out 9-5 shifts at hotels and restaurants, people who just purchased homes and are looking at contracting values (me included in this one, I purchased at the height in August), and small business owners of various kinds.

So if you want a cheap sled or quad, ya, you will be able to pick one up… but those guys are the minority. It's not worth joking about, people are going to go bankrupt, kids will be eating out of food banks, and homes may even be foreclosed on.

Is it any more right to laugh at a rig worker who failed to plan then a stretched little old newfoundland housewife who opened a restaurant? I don't think so - they're unfortunate victims of circumstance and they don't deserve to be mocked in their misery.

So you think the alberta economy going to shit is good? I have never heard this one is it a popular view in the industry am I the only one who thinks that statement is funny … yes you are funny!

We laugh cuz something is funny whats funny is that the boom bust never changes, they even have the "please god let there be another oil boom" bumper stickers so everybody knows its gona happen but they do it anyway and that isn't funny?

you seriously think its better for alberta to now be in deficit, people to be losing jobs/houses/resulting social probs like divorce as opposed to the Norwegian model?

Buy high sell low must be good for someone eh as for your investment scam unless you can tell me when to sell and I got that $ in my hand isn't it all on paper?

Feb. 19, 2015, 10:17 a.m.

That's like offering to match returns from investing in this

instead of this

circa 1901. Alternative fuels and energy haven't had the same headstart as coal, oil and gas.