TDF 2010 Prediction Thread

July 11, 2010, 10:01 a.m.

not that bad, just probably the worst time as the pack was ramping up for the first climb. Getting taken out out by the Euskatel guys trying to get bottles on the second crash probably didn't help.

Pretty tough combination of events. Crash at the base of a climb, switch bikes, hammer to catch the lead group just as the Sky team hammers the pace. He had no time to recover and cracked. Too bad, I was hoping he would keep in it. He will support Leipheimer now.

Andy Schlek looked impressive.

July 11, 2010, 2:25 p.m.

Wow, I'm surprised Schleck could drop Cuntidor like that. Hmm… I may have to re-evaluate my predictions.

I'm a Lance fan for sure, so I'm hoping that he at least goes out and tries for a stage win break away. Kinda like when Landis came back after being down like 14 minutes in 2006 to end up "winning" the Tour……. except without the drugs part. lol….

July 11, 2010, 3:57 p.m.

Wow, I'm surprised Schleck could drop Cuntidor like that. Hmm… I may have to re-evaluate my predictions.

I'm a Lance fan for sure, so I'm hoping that he at least goes out and tries for a stage win break away. Kinda like when Landis came back after being down like 14 minutes in 2006 to end up "winning" the Tour……. except without the drugs part. lol….

Contador tried reeling him in, but didn't look like he had the gas. He dropped back into the saddle really quick!

July 11, 2010, 7:40 p.m.

that'll leave a mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHBftK8okyA

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

July 11, 2010, 7:46 p.m.

lolz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVFKx-Zb_Mk

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

July 12, 2010, 1:54 a.m.

:lol:

Where is Levi?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 12, 2010, 9:39 p.m.

That's just opinions though. There is no right or wrong answer.

OK … this one has a right answer. A riddle for the rest day…

I believe only 6 riders have ever represented Canada at the Tour de France. But, in fact, there are 3 Canadian-born riders in this 2010 edition of Le Tour de France. You probably already know 2 of them, Michael Barry and that other guy. Who is the third?

Hint:"I am a 2 time former (1997 and 2001) national (not Canadian) road champion, and I turned pro in 1996." Who am I?

July 12, 2010, 10:54 p.m.

Hint #2: There's another canadian connection on his team.

July 14, 2010, 12:40 p.m.

Wow, I'm surprised Schleck could drop Cuntidor like that.

Contador tried reeling him in, but didn't look like he had the gas. He dropped back into the saddle really quick!

It was the Lululemon logo on Schleck's ass… Contador got distracted by visions of Spanish soccer moms in yoga pants.

I wonder what they pay for that piece of real estate on the Saxo Bank kit.

Hint #2: There's another canadian connection on his team.

Quick Step / Merckx bikes / Axel lives in Kelowna?

July 14, 2010, 1:48 p.m.

I hate Lululemon with the fire and passion of 1,000 suns.

Wrong. Always.

July 15, 2010, 10:50 a.m.

Quick Step / Merckx bikes / Axel lives in Kelowna?

Question was who is the third Canadian rider.

July 15, 2010, 10:53 a.m.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/07/news/cavendishs-lead-out-man-mark-renshaw-thrown-out-of-tour_129190

_Australian Mark Renshaw has been thrown out of the Tour de France for trying to headbutt rival Julian Dean during a bunch sprint finish to the end of the 11th stage, race officials said.

Renshaw, the lead-out man for stage winner Mark Cavendish, was shown by television pictures trying to headbutt the Garmin-Transitions rider from New Zealand three times in the final 400 meters of the home straight.

Cavendish then raced ahead towards eventual victory, his third this year on the race and 13th in three participations, with Renshaw then seen trying to block Deans sprinter, Tyler Farrar, as the American tried to come up the inside of the barriers._

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoZkNbxojKw

I think they should have DQ'd Cavendish as well, since it was his team mate who impeded of at least one other sprinter's chances for the win.

July 15, 2010, 11:14 a.m.

just watched the vid, that was a huge dick move on renshaw's part…

July 15, 2010, 11:21 a.m.

OK … this one has a right answer. A riddle for the rest day…

I believe only 6 riders have ever represented Canada at the Tour de France. But, in fact, there are 3 Canadian-born riders in this 2010 edition of Le Tour de France. You probably already know 2 of them, Michael Barry and that other guy. Who is the third?

Hint:"I am a 2 time former (1997 and 2001) national (not Canadian) road champion, and I turned pro in 1996." Who am I?

Vino is really Czeslaw LUKASEVICH…. he changed his name.

July 15, 2010, 11:48 a.m.

just watched the vid, that was a huge dick move on renshaw's part…

I was wondering whether that was standard practice or not since the commentator mentioned he was employing "track tactics"..

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca