Christmas Pressie Ideas

Oct. 25, 2006, 4:36 p.m.

The light bulb went off in my head with a wonderful Christmas idea for a special little lady in my life. A custom handmade bike just for her :)

Ah sweetheart, isn't it a little early in our relationship? Oh well, to help you out I did send Psycho Heiko my sizes so he can get started, can I pick my own colour too. Wow this Christmas might even beat the year I got skiis and a hottub.:clap: How many sleeps till Christmas.

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

Oct. 25, 2006, 5:20 p.m.

[QUOTE=heckler's better 1/2]Ah sweetheart, isn't it a little early in our relationship? Oh well, to help you out I did send Psycho Heiko my sizes so he can get started, can I pick my own colour too. Wow this Christmas might even beat the year I got skiis and a hottub.:clap: How many sleeps till Christmas.

Well we have bonded over several 5am rides before we could convice the others to join us. But sadly I don't think the bike I have in mind will work for you. You might get one of the first test rides.

My neice will be having her first Christmas this year. I feel it's my duty to start her off in the cycling world. So a tricycle for little baby Em is on the list.

I'll have to design something cool like the custom Litespeed one that was given to Bob Roll for little Ruby.

Oct. 26, 2006, 12:55 p.m.

Psycho Heiko,

You better put a hold on building that bike for me, apparently there has been some misunderstandings. But if anyone else would like to order me a custom bike please speak with Mr. Heiko.

Oct. 26, 2006, 6:39 p.m.

[QUOTE=heckler's better 1/2]Psycho Heiko,

You better put a hold on building that bike for me, apparently there has been some misunderstandings. But if anyone else would like to order me a custom bike please speak with Mr. Heiko.[/QUOTE]

Nah Heiko just build it and send the bill to heckler :)

If heckelr and Heiko can't work things out I have a wonderful almost new Norco Fluid you might just see under the Christmas tree.

Oct. 27, 2006, 12:31 p.m.

i need that Norco Fluid just as much as I need a whole in my head. Thanks but I'll take a pass on that one.

Oct. 28, 2006, 5:38 p.m.

Great ideas! I especially like the idea of the custom painted helmet (but I'm too picky for that to be a good one for me - I'd want to be involved).

I'm a VERY lucky girl with respect to bike-related gifts. Instead of a diamond ring, I received a custom steel hardtail for our engagement…my man definitely knows me well!

Other past gifts have included forks, armour, Roach pants, XTR rear hub for my XC bike, a full-face helmet, and others. Last Christmas I got new lights for night riding (a bit of a surprise as I didn't think the hubby wanted to encourage my current racing hobby - 24 hour solo races).

This year's wish list isn't really bike related as I think I'm pretty set for stuff. I could use a new pair of gloves though. :-) Other things on the list (for when he reads this!): the new Delerium album, new kitchen gadgets, and a nice silver chain to go with the pendant I got last year.

pd

Nov. 3, 2006, 1:11 p.m.

1. Whitewater Kayak

Nov. 3, 2006, 1:17 p.m.

[QUOTE=heckler's better 1/2]What a great idea…
2) Bike socks - I swear our laundry fairy eats my socks, as I never seem to be able to find a pair when I want to ride. Preferably the Merino wool socks as they keep the feet warm and the rider happy :)
[/QUOTE]

Laundry Fairy? Is that what you call Heckler? And why would he be eating your socks?

I learned the hard way to towel off my bike before the dog. I'd rather have a slightly oily dog than a hairy bike.

Beautiful west coast, ocean inspired pottery.

Nov. 3, 2006, 2:31 p.m.

Laundry Fairy? Is that what you call Heckler? And why would he be eating your socks?

Remember Chin, your not supposed to discuss that in public!

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

Nov. 3, 2006, 3:45 p.m.

ha ha ha! I am not sure it's the laundry fairy or his equipment that eats my socks.

Infact, I did my first load of laundry the other day Wednesday Nov.1st was a big day in the Heckler household. First I put the clothes in the big white box, which got them all wet, I then put it in the other white box and it came out dry! What a system. Apparently it isn't as hard as the laundry fairy would have me believe. However since laundry is a BLUE job I stopped after one load.

Nov. 3, 2006, 4:08 p.m.

I want an old Schwinn cruiser. Boy style. 60's.

Nov. 30, 2006, 10:16 a.m.

Apparently, I was asked to supply a wish list for Xmas, so here are some hints:

1. The present should provide a huge :D and :love: on my face
2. Sports related practical = good
3. Other stuff can be good too

Silly boy, he thought I would make it easy for him :P :lol:

:canada: :czech:

Nov. 30, 2006, 10:34 a.m.

i need someone to give a list to…

Nov. 30, 2006, 11:47 a.m.

i need someone to give a list to…

Oh Lady G, you're making me cry! Send me your list :)

BTW, why is it I always get too emotional at this time of the year. I blame the advertisers and their stupid commercials that pull out all the stops to make me cry. A couple of years ago there was a ad for cellphones where the daughter drives off after Christmas, and her bag starts ringing… her dad had hidden a cell phone in her bag so that he could call her and tell her "merry christmas sweetheart"… I don't think I ever watched that one with crying.

Nov. 30, 2006, 11:56 a.m.

I am asking for a pipe and silencer for my dirtbike.

http://www.bicyclecafe.com/kamloops