Trump.

June 17, 2018, 9:07 p.m.

Sorry to take this discussion in another direction but, what do you all think about buying American or traveling to the US these days.

I actually take great offense to Trump's policies with regards to trade with Canada, his crap rhetoric he puts out on cable news and the shabby way he treats our PM, meanwhile he bends over backwards to pander to the ruthless dictator of North Korea? Justin Trudeau is a backstabber who has 'a special place in hell' and Kim Jong is a great guy, really smart and funny and his people love him? Screw you Donald.

I used to think that DT was just a "glitch" but at the end of the day, I would have never voted for such a misogynistic, racist, hateful, stupid man in a million years so Americans must really have wanted him as their leader. If he represents America, I don't really want to trade, support or travel there. At least not until a different president is elected or this one is impeached.

June 17, 2018, 9:40 p.m.

What exactly is "Buying American" these days?

Only thing I really want/need is the matching ONYX Racing front hub now.

June 17, 2018, 9:52 p.m.

CBC  interviewed a poly sci prof on " the Current " last week and she said it is really almost impossible to buy Canadian because of how connected America is to Canada the BIG one is and will be the auto industry, she also said no body wins a trade war and he is starting a trade war with every country in the G7 ( minus him )

America has had a "buy American" program for years but up to now canadians are just happy folk who say sorry a lot and wouldn't sAY shit if they stepped in it  but now they are saying yeah that guy is a fucking jerk so lets try and buy Canadian

June 18, 2018, 2:03 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Does everyone know that these centres have been in place since 1977 and this isn’t just a Trump thing? Like we’re all aware of their history, the reason for then and how they work? We all know this isn’t just a Trump thing right?

And the main picture of the detention center that circulated was from 2014. Trump's also using Bush and Obama era policies "operation streamline" which allows for mass trials of / for deportation. If the media had been this upfront during the Obama years, not so much of this would be a surprise to people. But ohhhhhh nooooos, it's Trump's fault, he's so evil blah blah.

June 18, 2018, 2:10 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

CBC  interviewed a poly sci prof on " the Current " last week and she said it is really almost impossible to buy Canadian because of how connected America is to Canada the BIG one is and will be the auto industry, she also said no body wins a trade war and he is starting a trade war with every country in the G7 ( minus him )

America has had a "buy American" program for years but up to now canadians are just happy folk who say sorry a lot and wouldn't sAY shit if they stepped in it  but now they are saying yeah that guy is a fucking jerk so lets try and buy Canadian

Perhaps this looming trade war could possibly bring back Crown owned corporations... Imagine not buying back cheaply sold electricity at an inflated rate? Could we have a revenue generating infrastructure again?

June 18, 2018, 2:29 p.m.

Does everyone know that these centres have been in place since 1977 and this isn’t just a Trump thing? Like we’re all aware of their history, the reason for then and how they work? We all know this isn’t just a Trump thing right?

Does everyone know that Trump's zero-tolerance policies coupled with the recent surge of families in the system are what is causing all these children to be separated from their families?  We all know that Trump should have seen this coming,  right?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/18/politics/donald-trump-immigration-policies-q-and-a/index.html

June 18, 2018, 2:47 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Does everyone know that Trump's zero-tolerance policies coupled with the recent surge of families in the system are what is causing all these children to be separated from their families?  We all know that Trump should have seen this coming,  right?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/18/politics/donald-trump-immigration-policies-q-and-a/index.html

Yes Trump's zero-tolerance policies have had a negative impact on the overall issue, but it appears that many people seem to think that this is a Trump only issue and it isn't. I brought it up because I think it's important to try an keep any discussion accurate and objective. Like I stated earlier, it's easy to complain about this one small facet of immigration, but how do we look at the overall immigration picture? Just like we can't shut everyone out, we can't let everyone in. So, how do we sort that out?  

From your article link: "Meissner: This is a remarkably complex situation and there is no good policy solution."

Can the US afford to throw a ton of money at this problem to quickly create facilities for these immigrant families who are entering the country illegally AND find the people necessary to staff such facilities? Seriously, how do they deal with this issue? Refugee camps similar to what we see in places like Jordan or Turkey having to deal with the Syrian situation? At some point in the discussion you have to acknowledge that there are too many people crossing the border illegally and that may mean that these people will have to suffer in conditions that are not ideal or what we would like to think are ideal.

June 18, 2018, 8:08 p.m.

He's building a motherfucking space force!!!! SPACE FORCE!!!!!

America. Fuck yeah!

June 18, 2018, 8:23 p.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

America. Fuck yeah!

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/21612/highlights-from-the-twitter-defense-communitys-response-to-trumps-space-force

June 19, 2018, 12:14 a.m.

America. Fuck yeah!

Now such my cock...

June 19, 2018, 12:14 a.m.

America. Fuck yeah!

Now such my cock...

June 19, 2018, 9:09 a.m.

Yes Trump's zero-tolerance policies have had a negative impact on the overall issue, but it appears that many people seem to think that this is a Trump only issue and it isn't. I brought it up because I think it's important to try an keep any discussion accurate and objective. Like I stated earlier, it's easy to complain about this one small facet of immigration, but how do we look at the overall immigration picture? Just like we can't shut everyone out, we can't let everyone in. So, how do we sort that out?  

From your article link: "Meissner: This is a remarkably complex situation and there is no good policy solution."

Can the US afford to throw a ton of money at this problem to quickly create facilities for these immigrant families who are entering the country illegally AND find the people necessary to staff such facilities? Seriously, how do they deal with this issue? Refugee camps similar to what we see in places like Jordan or Turkey having to deal with the Syrian situation? At some point in the discussion you have to acknowledge that there are too many people crossing the border illegally and that may mean that these people will have to suffer in conditions that are not ideal or what we would like to think are ideal.

They can afford to keep kids with their parents and Trump can make that happen right now.  He is using them in a political game.

I won't argue that America doesn't have an issue with illegal immigration, and that issue is not Trump's fault, but using kids to win political battles in this way is fucking gross.  It is not just Trump either.  Trump is just the battering ram for the GOP.

This may sound like politically biased hyperbole to you, but it is true.  The GOP is an anti-intellectual wrecking ball working for the plutocrats of America, and separating kids from their parents is planned, not a system defect.

June 19, 2018, 9:23 a.m.

America. Fuck yeah!

I have questions.  Many questions.

Don't they need cool armed spaceships for the Space Force pilots to fly around space in first?
Shouldn't it be a Space Navy with spacecraft carriers?
Does Trump already have his Space Force general uniform tailored?  Is that what this is really about?  Does he want to be America's first Space General with his uniform like the dictators he admires?
Should Elon Musk's future Mars colony be worried?  Manifest Space Destiny?

June 19, 2018, 9:25 a.m.

They can afford to keep kids with their parents and Trump can make that happen right now.  He is using them in a political game.

I won't argue that America doesn't have an issue with illegal immigration, and that issue is not Trump's fault, but using kids to win political battles in this way is fucking gross.  It is not just Trump either.  Trump is just the battering ram for the GOP.

This may sound like politically biased hyperbole to you, but it is true.  The GOP is an anti-intellectual wrecking ball working for the plutocrats of America, and separating kids from their parents is planned, not a system defect.

True to some degree we may not 100% agree on I suppose. I think part of it too is that in their eyes these aren't kids/families, they are a simply problem to be dealt with and anything that may dissuade more problems from trying to enter the US is fair game to them.

June 19, 2018, 9:58 a.m.

America. Fuck yeah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AUXpnB065o