Moving to Kamloops!

April 14, 2012, 10:33 p.m.

You must be that nice lady from the wekcome wagon.

Welcome Lady says keep up or get the fuck out.

April 15, 2012, 12:44 a.m.

I think Loopsrider is unhappy with his life.

I live in Kamloops and have nothing negative to say. It's paradise for me.

Let me guess….your favourite colour is brown.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 15, 2012, 6:51 a.m.

That's a big factor in your choices. You are moving to Loops for what max 3-4 yars and then who know's where next. And the reality is you are going to Loops to support your wife doing something important to her. I understnd that as I did the same for Joely in 2007.

Ease of resale is something we are keeping in mind but we should probably focus more on it.

http://www.wildrootsphotography.ca/

April 15, 2012, 7:32 a.m.

Ease of resale is something we are keeping in mind but we should probably focus more on it.

Yep. We kind of dogged it in that aspect for 4 years as Joely didn't have a definite commitment from Queen's. Though now we have to look at something as somehow Kingston has been deemed the 2nd best place to live in Canada???? Which means costs go up.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

April 15, 2012, 10:16 a.m.

Funny, loopsrider said he had better things to do on a saturday night and yet an hour later still posting on this board.

Obviously you have some issues.

I was actually waiting in the car for the g/f and was checking out the forums… Smart phones are amazin' :rocker:

Born and raised here…if you can't entertain yourself, let alone get along with people who live here…fuck off.

Entertain myself all the time and get along with a lot of people… Dinner with friends last night and a little two wheel action today. Have you scrimped and saved up enough money for a bikey yet??.. :grinno:

Welcome Lady says keep up or get the fuck out.

Keep up?? :lol: I'm so fucking far ahead of you, you can only see my back fender…. tough guy… :lol:

I am dissapointed in you Loopie… I never took you for a typical Kamloops local…. even being "born and raised" here. How the fuck do you have any bearing on quality of life here when you have nothing to compare it to?? You my friend seem to be one of the people I was talking about in my #1 point… ;)

April 15, 2012, 10:55 a.m.

I think what most posting here are not recognizing is that for bkoz this is not a permament move. This is temporary so his wife can go to school not because he wants to move to Loops to spend the rest of his life there.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

April 15, 2012, 11:04 a.m.

I was speaking generally…not at anyone in particular.

I get along fine with almost anyone, I don't care where they're from or what they're doing here:)

April 15, 2012, 11:43 a.m.

Its ironic how loopsrider is complaining about all the people here when he's clearly the biggest asshole in this thread. No wonder nobody wants to buy you a drink douche bag.

April 15, 2012, 2:44 p.m.

Its ironic how loopsrider is complaining about all the people here when he's clearly the biggest asshole in this thread. No wonder nobody wants to buy you a drink douche bag.

winner winner chicken dinner. Loopie is great dude and doesn't need to prove his worth to said douches

April 15, 2012, 4:25 p.m.

… No wonder nobody wants to buy you a drink …

Yup! Last thing I'd want to do is buy a drink for and sit around chatting with a guy who has nothing but slag to say about my home and community. Pub time is valuable! Wouldnt want to waste it with Debbie Downer.

April 15, 2012, 5:25 p.m.

I'm pretty happy with my life… someones entire life isn't based on where they hang my hat at the current time.

Your right, it's more about what you "have" vs. "have not" and how much money you make compared to everyone else around you :lol:

April 15, 2012, 5:39 p.m.

Loopie is great dude..

:agree:

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 15, 2012, 5:50 p.m.

We actually just got back from Kamloops after looking at some properties. We keep getting drawn to the Brock/Westsyde areas because of the larger yards. But 30min+ bus commute is an issue. But it is still better than the 1hr drive + 25min LRT ride that she dealt with before.

when I first started at TRU maybe 1/4 of the people I went to school with lived either down town or on the north shore due to the cheaper rent. year 2 every one but me moved up the hill. or more truth fully 1/4 of the class slept on couches and lived else where.

might be different if you can afford to drive every day. but you can not rely on the transit system in kamloops. me I had very cheap rent so it worked. if not for that I would have lived closer to the school. maybe your situation is different then mine. it's closer to every thing there.

on the plus side, the Noble Pig is a first class pub. and you can ride bikes almost all year, or at least most years you can.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

April 15, 2012, 6:06 p.m.

loopsrider - sounds like suicide might be the best option for your miserable sad shit stain existence. Try it and do the rest of the world a favour. Maybe you'll even succeed.

April 15, 2012, 6:53 p.m.

This thread makes me want to never end up in Kamloops.

Pastor of Muppets