TDF 2010 Prediction Thread

July 20, 2010, 7:02 p.m.

Armstrong's statement that "sometimes your the nail, and sometimes you're the hammer" has been quite fitting this tour.

Okay, I can't ignore this. How is it that you managed to use the wrong form of your/you're once, and then turn around and get it correct the second time??

Sheesh.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 20, 2010, 9:57 p.m.

Well if Bob and Paul say it was douchey, I guess the discussion's over. I guess the fact that AC was on the same team as LA last year and didn't play by LA's rules (the same LA that Versus luvs) wouldn't have anything to do with their opinions re: AC … hmmmm.

Who said discussion over based on 2 opinions? Just pointing out your hypocrisy.

I personally think it was a douche move, but I can still understand both sides of the argument.

July 20, 2010, 10:24 p.m.

Okay, I can't ignore this. How is it that you managed to use the wrong form of your/you're once, and then turn around and get it correct the second time??

Sheesh.

Kn.

It happens to the best of us sometimes.

www.natooke.com

July 21, 2010, 1:57 a.m.

Sheesh.

Kn.

It's called typing on an iPhone.

But thanks for being a persistently anal dick.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 21, 2010, 12:54 p.m.

It's called typing on an iPhone.

But thanks for being a persistently anal dick.

Haha … you veddy funny. Sorry "your" so thin-skinned.

And I don't think it's the iPhone's fault. They are, after all magical devices that can do no wrong!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 22, 2010, 8:23 a.m.

this is a good day

July 22, 2010, 10:12 a.m.

I was totally expecting Contador to attack at the finish to take the stage win away from Schleck today. That would have been the ultimate proof of him being a total dick. It was nice to see that he didn't, maybe he's not such a bad guy after all. And now he'll be the 8th rider (or 7th) to win the tour without winning a stage, unless they let him take the final stage into Paris. Maybe he'll attack tomorrow on the flats.

f e r g s :canada:

July 22, 2010, 11:53 a.m.

Yay Ryder!

Finished 4th today, moving him to 8th overall.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Hesjedal+vaults+into+eighth+Tour+France+overall+standings/3309571/story.html

July 22, 2010, 12:12 p.m.

In the prologue Ryder was 37th, 46 secs back.

Rodriguez-Oliver was 115th, 1 min 8 secs back. 22 secs between them over 8.9km.

Hopefully Ryder can find the 2 min 15 secs over the 52km on Saturday.

If the pace for both is the same, he would beat him by 10 sec.

July 22, 2010, 1:52 p.m.

Awesome run. Ryder was great, and looks like he has more in the tank.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 22, 2010, 3:01 p.m.

I was totally expecting Contador to attack at the finish to take the stage win away from Schleck today. That would have been the ultimate proof of him being a total dick. It was nice to see that he didn't, maybe he's not such a bad guy after all. And now he'll be the 8th rider (or 7th) to win the tour without winning a stage, unless they let him take the final stage into Paris. Maybe he'll attack tomorrow on the flats.

Remember, Cuntador won the ITT last year. Likely a fluke, but you never know. Could happen again.

Go Ryder!!!

July 22, 2010, 5:35 p.m.

enjoyed watching the stage today, was definitely rooting for Andy to lay into AC, oh well….would've been really good to see Ryder's move too…..loved the thick fog and mental fans, made for a great stage to watch

July 23, 2010, 8:59 a.m.

enjoyed watching the stage today, was definitely rooting for Andy to lay into AC, oh well….would've been really good to see Ryder's move too…..loved the thick fog and mental fans, made for a great stage to watch

+1, agree with all statements here.

Loved the 3-4 guys chasing the leaders in the "Bruno" thongs, haha :fruit:

July 23, 2010, 12:54 p.m.

Check it out:

http://www.shopslipstreamsports.com/2010-apparel/ryder-hesjedal-tee.html

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

July 23, 2010, 12:56 p.m.

Cavendish needs no lead-out train. His pace is amazing.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells