TDF 2010 Prediction Thread

July 20, 2010, 10:42 a.m.

Does nobody remember in 2003(?) when Lance got hooked by that spectator's handbag and went down? Hamilton and Ulrich waited for him to latch back on. There are so many unwritten rules and etiquette to follow in road racing and Cuntador's move was one of them.

I hope Saxo completely blocks him in on the final mtn stage while Schleck attacks.

Wayne that was a different scenario. It was arguably the spectators fault and not Lancie pantses fault. Plus Tyler was no where to be seen. It was only Ulrich, Mayo and Armstrong and it was Ulrich that well I don't think he waited, but he didn't attack either. Tyler slowed the boys when Lance went off road after Beloki crashed and those boys were all chasing Vino who was down the road and oblivious to the incident. And Lance did not wait for Beloki not that he was getting up anytime soon from a broken hip. And the Postal team went balistic on the Passage de Gois when there was a big crash that included some of the main competition to Lancy Pants. He pt in a huge chunk of time on his rivals that were caught up behind or in that crash.

That said, I am sure Contador saw something had happened to Schleck. He might not have known what but I think it was obvious that something happened.

Pro road cycling is odd. I mean they have this honour code where you respect the yellow jersey wearer, don't attack when a guy crashes or or gets a puncture, don't speak of doping publicly yet they are(were) happy the cheat with dope. Lancie Pants was perfectly happy to attack after the Passage de Gois incident.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

July 20, 2010, 11:42 a.m.

Well then they should just attack in the feed zones or the group piss breaks right? Its just a race after all.

July 20, 2010, 11:48 a.m.

The difference there might be that Cancellara is Shleck's teammate. Would Cancellara have made the peloton wait if it was Contador who crashed?

Maybe, but I think the peleton would have been justified in saying "F*ck Contador - the guy is a classless douche anyway" and sprinted away. Anyone who felt the urge to ignore Cancerella didn't.

July 20, 2010, 12:26 p.m.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-and-schleck-make-up-on-french-tv

July 20, 2010, 12:33 p.m.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-and-schleck-make-up-on-french-tv

So Gerard Holtz is the French Maury Povich/Jerry Springer? Just goes to show how much class Shleck has. I hope Contador took lots of notes ….

July 20, 2010, 12:49 p.m.

Well then they should just attack in the feed zones or the group piss breaks right? Its just a race after all.

Taking a piss or eating (which EVERY racer does) vs. one racer dropping his chain after he launches an attack on the rest of the contenders …. yeah, that's the same thing. Race on!!

:canada: :england:

July 20, 2010, 12:59 p.m.

Not at all Wayne. It would have been a lot more sportsmanlike to wait up for a bit and see if AS would get back on. AC could have dictated to Menchov and Sanchez to hold up too. Those guys went too. Where's the hate on for them?

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

July 20, 2010, 1:20 p.m.

Taking a piss or eating (which EVERY racer does) vs. one racer dropping his chain after he launches an attack on the rest of the contenders …. yeah, that's the same thing. Race on!!

youd probably be the soccer coach teaching the kids how to dive, wouldnt you? :)

July 20, 2010, 1:39 p.m.

youd probably be the soccer coach teaching the kids how to dive, wouldnt you? :)

I think your e-sarc meter is busticated

July 20, 2010, 1:57 p.m.

I agree, he attacked and he screwed up. Fair in my book.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

July 20, 2010, 3:03 p.m.

What a joke. Armchair racers criticizing AC for racing …

Bob Roll [HTML_REMOVED] Paul Sherwen both thought it was a douche move. They've both raced many TdFs (3 [HTML_REMOVED] 7 respectively).

How many TdFs have you raced?

July 20, 2010, 3:38 p.m.

Just imagine if he hadn't have attacked, he would have been loved by everyone and been called a sportsman.

Anyway, I think Schleck will take it to him on the Tourmalet.

July 20, 2010, 4:54 p.m.

Ryder's quote:
[HTML_REMOVED] If you draw your sword and then drop it, you die.

Sure, AC slowing would have been classy, but no reason to hang the dude out to dry because he didn't. Mechanicals are part of racing.

July 20, 2010, 5:05 p.m.

Bob Roll [HTML_REMOVED] Paul Sherwen both thought it was a douche move. They've both raced many TdFs (3 [HTML_REMOVED] 7 respectively).

How many TdFs have you raced?

Well if Bob and Paul say it was douchey, I guess the discussion's over. I guess the fact that AC was on the same team as LA last year and didn't play by LA's rules (the same LA that Versus luvs) wouldn't have anything to do with their opinions re: AC … hmmmm.

July 20, 2010, 5:43 p.m.

From interviews, I think Schleck didn't respect Contador for attacking.

More importantly, it appearsw that Schleck was peeved that Contador said he didn't know Schleck had a mechanical.

Armstrong's statement that "sometimes your the nail, and sometimes you're the hammer" has been quite fitting this tour.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells