vandalism on Leppard

Nov. 3, 2015, 7:12 p.m.

Rode said violated trail yesterday.

If it wasn't for the O.P.'s concern I would never have known to look for said "Vandalism"

Having been through the "affected" area I'm left to wonder, what is the big deal? Doesn't affect the riding experience one bit, and considering the amount of rain in the last couple of days not draining as anticipated i'm guessing either.

Yet in all of this discussion no mention of the tremendous amount of dirt moved on the trail lately to return it to a more "natural" less cobbled experience.

1st world problems…

Nov. 3, 2015, 8:41 p.m.

For the overbearing douche canoes that continue to misinterpret the OP's statement and insist on absurd flames, ranting diatribes, and personal insults, maybe take a look back at what he actually said:

vandalism on Leppard
I can't be positive but it looks like someone is actually physically bashing the crap out of the granite sections of trail on leppard (the best parts). Did someone actually mean to do this??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20151025_143645.jpg (279.5 KB, 556 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20151025_143655.jpg (286.1 KB, 476 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20151025_143701.jpg (306.9 KB, 442 views)

He obviously had no idea who was doing the work. He was also somewhat unlucky in that he probably saw it totally fresh and raw within hours of the work being done. To be frank, it isn't unreasonable to think that a guy might have concerns about a well established trail having a substantial section of rock chipped away from it.

Yes, we all love Peter's work. And yes, the amount of effort that he has expended on our riding community's behalf in recent months to improve and repair large sections of trail is nothing less than incredible and very much appreciated. The OP didn't say anything to question those facts. Getting "all Lee Lau" on the OP's ass is something far less than a complement in my opinion……it just makes you guys look like jack asses that either can't read or choose not to understand what was a very reasonable and fair question to ask. In hindsight, this clearly wasn't trail vandalism but without the back story that we have now, it certainly looked that way to a reasonable person who came upon some busted up granite on an established trail. And sorry, not all things are the "builder's choice". Not if we want to maintain access to trails on other landowner's terrain that is.

The rain, wind, moss, and dirt will do its job to conceal the work that was done on this section of trail. Too bad that can't be said about some of the ridiculous posts that have been made on this thread.

Nov. 4, 2015, 8:02 a.m.

For the overbearing douche canoes

guess you don't get it. when your entitlement is that strong it's just too hard to shake, isn't it?

but you can certainly count yourself as an overbearing douche canoe (that's a good one!)

Nov. 4, 2015, 7:58 p.m.

guess you don't get it. when your entitlement is that strong it's just too hard to shake, isn't it?

but you can certainly count yourself as an overbearing douche canoe (that's a good one!)

Boozy totally gets it.

He still might be douche canoe, but I am trying to figure out if this is a vessel with which to transport douche, or with which to navigate douche, before deciding.

Nov. 4, 2015, 10:05 p.m.

Yeah I so don't see any sense of entitlement in Boozy's post. The douche canoe thing was provocative, but the rest of the post seems about as even handed a description of what this thread has been as possible.

Nov. 4, 2015, 10:16 p.m.

Pete's too busy to answer he's out building riding and being rad etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

Nov. 4, 2015, 10:30 p.m.

I've ridden 7th and Leppard more in the past month than in the previous four years - and it's running great.

I've been riding the Shore since 1990 or so - and that rock ran exactly the same as it always has. I didn't see it when it had been worked on so I didn't realize - but it was impossible to tell while I was riding it.

Pete's doing great work - and his rock modifications haven't harmed that move at all nor dumbed it down. Bravo Pete! You are killing it!

This seems like a good place to post this:

http://nsmb.com/spoiled-like-hilton-grandchild/

Nov. 4, 2015, 10:33 p.m.

Nov. 4, 2015, 10:34 p.m.

For the overbearing douche canoes that continue to misinterpret the OP's statement and insist on absurd flames, ranting diatribes, and personal insults, maybe take a look back at what he actually said:

vandalism on Leppard
I can't be positive but it looks like someone is actually physically bashing the crap out of the granite sections of trail on leppard (the best parts). Did someone actually mean to do this??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20151025_143645.jpg (279.5 KB, 556 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20151025_143655.jpg (286.1 KB, 476 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20151025_143701.jpg (306.9 KB, 442 views)

He obviously had no idea who was doing the work. He was also somewhat unlucky in that he probably saw it totally fresh and raw within hours of the work being done. To be frank, it isn't unreasonable to think that a guy might have concerns about a well established trail having a substantial section of rock chipped away from it.

Yes, we all love Peter's work. And yes, the amount of effort that he has expended on our riding community's behalf in recent months to improve and repair large sections of trail is nothing less than incredible and very much appreciated. The OP didn't say anything to question those facts. Getting "all Lee Lau" on the OP's ass is something far less than a complement in my opinion……it just makes you guys look like jack asses that either can't read or choose not to understand what was a very reasonable and fair question to ask. In hindsight, this clearly wasn't trail vandalism but without the back story that we have now, it certainly looked that way to a reasonable person who came upon some busted up granite on an established trail. And sorry, not all things are the "builder's choice". Not if we want to maintain access to trails on other landowner's terrain that is.

The rain, wind, moss, and dirt will do its job to conceal the work that was done on this section of trail. Too bad that can't be said about some of the ridiculous posts that have been made on this thread.

It's possible that the thread title was meant sincerely - but it's also possible it was meant as provocation. I guess the OP will have to clear that up, but subsequent posts seem to suggest the latter.

Nov. 8, 2015, 5:04 p.m.

Had a rare for me Fromme ride today and hit Leppard-crinkum-kirkford because of this thread. Fun trails great work!

Nov. 8, 2015, 11:40 p.m.

I miss the log ride .
I always looked forward to it on the climb as well as the descent , it ( the log ride) Presented the type of challenge that interested me .
It's unfortunate that trails you grow up riding ( been pedalling Fromme since 91) have to change to the tune of losing features that seemed "iconic" " untouchable" even "unreal"
You mean you have a trail to ride with a bathtub on it ? …. Yup sure do , it's even slippery when wet .

Pete does great work . He works hard and selflessly gives his hard work to us, do I agree with all his decisions and choices ?
Nope ,
and I have shared that in person , more than once or twice . but that doesn't mean I have to be strung up by some faceless d bags on a forum .Pete has taken my input and opposing views well . And we still can have pleasant conversation after I voice my opinions .cause damn he loves to ski, bike and be rad outside .
( thanks for the offer Lee but it's not needed as Pete is available and around if someone was to seek the opportunity )
If I was up Fromme an hour earlier than Pete on a daily basis , maybe the log ride would still be there ( or rebuilt already) but I am not .

Nov. 9, 2015, 7:55 a.m.

how do you rebuild a rotten log ride?

Nov. 9, 2015, 12:58 p.m.

how do you rebuild a rotten log ride?

JB weld

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Nov. 9, 2015, 1:43 p.m.

Geez get over the log! If Pete thought it needed to go it needed to go!
As for iconic old school stuff, Pink Starfish, Boundary and Digger are all running beautiful but in the last 4 years I think I have seen one person on them.
Just get out and ride!!!!!

Nov. 9, 2015, 6:06 p.m.

Geez get over the log! If Pete thought it needed to go it needed to go!
As for iconic old school stuff, Pink Starfish, Boundary and Digger are all running beautiful but in the last 4 years I think I have seen one person on them.
Just get out and ride!!!!!

Funny thing about that… Someone voices that they miss a feature , log ride Ect . Some jackass has to tell them to get over it . A forum like this is a valid place to add two cents . But people shitting on others makes this a less fun place
I ride a considerable amount . Close to five days a week all year long ,I frequent the trails you list at least twice a week . Other than the guys I ride with I seldom see others either.

Does anyone here miss dollar beer , 40 cent gas , and skinnies .? I sure do . But I best get over it apparently .