Soooo ... Alberta ...

May 15, 2015, 7:43 a.m.

http://www.dailyoilbulletin.com/article/2015/5/15/kelt-re-allocate-capital-bc-wake-ndp-win-alberta/

This is just the first. Looking forward to seeing Alberta's north a desolate place, seeing families uprooted and moved, and watching the economy crumble. When a 3 billion dollar company decides to uproot, it has an effect.

Look, I wasn't lying. All this dumb shit needs to do is make clear her intentions with the royalty review and promise to start immediately to give the certainty investment needs.

May 15, 2015, 7:49 a.m.

http://www.dailyoilbulletin.com/article/2015/5/15/kelt-re-allocate-capital-bc-wake-ndp-win-alberta/

This is just the first. Looking forward to seeing Alberta's north a desolate place, seeing families uprooted and moved, and watching the economy crumble. When a 3 billion dollar company decides to uproot, it has an effect.

Look, I wasn't lying. All this dumb shit needs to do is make clear her intentions with the royalty review and promise to start immediately to give the certainty investment needs.

Because of a government that hasn't taken power yet.

Surely June Warren-Nickle's energy group has no self-interest in reporting things like this. That's only in the realm of Counterpunch.

May 15, 2015, 7:55 a.m.

seeing families uprooted and moved, and watching the economy crumble.

So they'll have to move back to Newfoundland?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DK0aaLNGak

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 15, 2015, 8:12 a.m.

Are you stupid enough to think we are stupid enough to believe this company decided to move based on something that happened a week ago or is it just a happy coincidence ?

well couldn't the Albortions just commute back [HTML_REMOVED] forth to BC ?

Aren't there direct flights to [HTML_REMOVED] from ft mac this is gona hurt westjet, how many Newfs commute back [HTML_REMOVED] forth to da rack bye?

if a 3billion company can move to BC that fast they can also move back that fast

ps:Alberta's north IS a desolate place

May 15, 2015, 8:31 a.m.

Well I guess it's a good thing that energy companies are planning to invest MORE in Alberta, now that the NDP government have been elected.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/alberta-ndps-rise-to-power-raises-hopes-for-renewable-energy/article24359711/

May 15, 2015, 9:09 a.m.

I like the spin off to oil taking a hit, and that's the reduction in the amount of pollution being created. Go-T, is that even on your radar?

May 15, 2015, 9:34 a.m.

By the time they finished the move west, BC will elect an NDP government…

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 15, 2015, 9:44 a.m.

Kelt Exploration Ltd. is an oil and gas company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The company focuses on exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas resources, primarily in west central Alberta and northeastern British Columbia

Its an easy thing to do, move activity to nearby sites across the BC border to pressure the Alta govt. If not the government should make them sell off their leases to a competitor who will make use of them.

By the time they finished the move west, BC will elect an NDP government…

… and Alberta will have a Wild Rose Party government. Let the game of resource ping-pong begin!

May 15, 2015, 9:56 a.m.

This is really funny. I'm a shareholder in Kelt, and know people that work there, and though I wish they were valued at 3 billion, it's actually only 1.3: http://www.google.ca/finance?cid=917189836392542

but maybe you can blame that on the NDP too. Also, of course they're directing resources to their "CORE" area, that's why it's their core. Why not direct resources to your best testing plays? All their acquisitions in that area were done prior to the NDP getting elected, so good on them for having that foresight of the impending doom. Maybe Dave Wilson will have to tighten his purse strings and pull up his socks to make it through this, perhaps he can use some of the money from his 10 million shares of Celtic when it sold for $3 billion. Maybe that's the $3 billion you're thinking of?

www.travelswithtyler.com

May 15, 2015, 11:04 a.m.

Just checking in to read more funnies form Chicken Little Go-T.

May 15, 2015, 11:27 a.m.

It appears to me that your experiencing the 5-stages of Grief. I've seen your posts go through Stage 1 (Denial), and 2 (Anger). With this quote, it seems to be youre on Stage 3 - Bargaining.

Kelt had a cashflow of 25 mil for Dec2014. Not exactly a 'key' player in things. Plus this 'move' is to focus on their CORE resources in BC, which where in BC before this election. So ya… *goldstar

Your understanding of this whole thing is, at BEST, rudimentary, entirely sensationalist with hints of deluded panic. You're being trolled by click bait 'headlines' and have proven to us that you can't and don't understand how the mechanics of elections, gov't transitions and economies work. If you did understand, you would be nowhere close to rushing out your fail-rationalizations of your views you've presented to us. Not to mention your constant misplaced blame/anger to the gov't-elect and an inability to recognize the tiny influence AB politics, of a gov't-elect, plays in the much larger scope of that is taking AB down the shithole (global oil pricing).

As it stands, AB's fate will continued to be sealed with GLOBAL oil prices through the decisions of OPEC and other producers. And not the crap that your touting. It's the previous +40 years of gov't that has failed to decouple or mitigate the province from the effect that the decisions of others have. A situation that was continually supported by those who Voted for the AB-Cons. It seems now that the voters 'woke-up' to that failure. Hopefully the AB-NDP have the wisdom and! the timing of external global forces on their side so they can steer the good-ship Alberta into a BETTER direction then the last +40yrs of gov't. And surprise! That isn't easy and will take a very long time to execute.

Misery loves company. Take a look around at the ppl and media that are agreeing with you. They also DONT understand the situation they're in. Whether your deliberate in the attempt or not, I'll give you "Good Troll" on this whole thing.

May 19, 2015, 5:38 a.m.

This is really funny. I'm a shareholder in Kelt, and know people that work there, and though I wish they were valued at 3 billion, it's actually only 1.3: http://www.google.ca/finance?cid=917189836392542

but maybe you can blame that on the NDP too. Also, of course they're directing resources to their "CORE" area, that's why it's their core. Why not direct resources to your best testing plays? All their acquisitions in that area were done prior to the NDP getting elected, so good on them for having that foresight of the impending doom. Maybe Dave Wilson will have to tighten his purse strings and pull up his socks to make it through this, perhaps he can use some of the money from his 10 million shares of Celtic when it sold for $3 billion. Maybe that's the $3 billion you're thinking of?

sorry, they were a 3 billion valuation prior to the value of their reserves being gutted. Of course concentrating on a core business is always a good defence strategy, however, when what you're defending against is a new government in power, there's a fucking problem. Notely needs to realize that the vast majority of business in this province is conducted by juniors and midcaps, most of whom don't bootstrap their investments - they use VCs. Those VCs will just direct their capital elsewhere - some will go to BC, as in this case (take a look at their board to realize that there are 2 of bankers on it, out of 6 members - Robert Dales is the president of Valhalla Ventures Inc. and a director of Drako Capital, William Guinan is a partner at Bordner Ladner Gervais who does securities)

These stories will continue to trickle in. I hold Kelt too, and will continue to do so because of the location of their core assets and the competence of their management team, however, I do think it's too bad they're ignoring developing new land and a second major play closer to where they had success before as Celtic because the Government of the day has created an environment of uncertainty.

For everybody saying that they and others will drill if oil is higher, and that these announcements following the election are unrelated, investment in Alberta is predicated on a stable Government with low royalties. Our oil is extremely complicated and expensive to get out of the ground. The AFE to drill, complete and tie in a Duverney well sits around the 35 million dollars. That well pays itself about half out in the first year at $60 dollar oil, but the remaining half takes almost 4 years to pay out because of the way production declines. In oil and gas terms, that's a terrible investment, however, the reserves are so good that the estimated life of a well is around the 20 year mark. Since the investment already takes 5 years to pay out at current royalty rates, uncertainty about what the new royalty rates will be is delaying investment that was on the table before she was elected. It's nothing to do with oil prices - you just need to look at the neighboring monteney play in BC to realize that - your royalties are higher, but they're stable.

May 19, 2015, 7:31 a.m.

- they use VCs. Those VCs will just direct their capital elsewhere -

Oh look a new place for the smart VCs to direct their capital in Alberta. More energy companies!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/alberta-ndps-rise-to-power-raises-hopes-for-renewable-energy/article24359711/

May 19, 2015, 8:04 a.m.

For everybody saying that they and others will drill if oil is higher, and that these announcements following the election are unrelated, investment in Alberta is predicated on a stable Government with low royalties. Our oil is extremely complicated and expensive to get out of the ground. The AFE to drill, complete and tie in a Duverney well sits around the 35 million dollars. That well pays itself about half out in the first year at $60 dollar oil, but the remaining half takes almost 4 years to pay out because of the way production declines. In oil and gas terms, that's a terrible investment, however, the reserves are so good that the estimated life of a well is around the 20 year mark. Since the investment already takes 5 years to pay out at current royalty rates, uncertainty about what the new royalty rates will be is delaying investment that was on the table before she was elected. It's nothing to do with oil prices - you just need to look at the neighboring monteney play in BC to realize that - your royalties are higher, but they're stable.

What if I said alot of Canadian's would rather you kept the oil in the ground! I'm not going to worry about a oil company anytime soon.

Raise the Royalty rates!

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

May 19, 2015, 10:08 a.m.

I have to admit Go-T. I haven't seen anyone make such an impassioned plea for getting rid of democracy for a dictatorship in a long time. The uncertainty created by the fickle voter has to stop!