Soooo ... Alberta ...

May 19, 2015, 10:41 p.m.

where lolbertan debts go to die….or live a new life

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/prince-rupert/huge-selection-of-lifted-trucks/602305351?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Pastor of Muppets

May 19, 2015, 10:56 p.m.

Don't forget the rolexes.

Guess there will be a few less of those raffled off this year at the company party. Damned NDP.

I kinda wish I kept that. That was a fundraiser that brought well over a million dollars directly to charity. The same event happened this year, and the benefactor got 200 000 less. Several major corporations are taking a hard look at their community giving programs in the wake of the election as well, getting ready to chop them as a first cut if the tax regime changes to the point where cuts need to be made.

You've never played a game of chance, bought a 50/50 ticket, or something of the like? Kids fundraiser for hockey raffling off a quad?

May 19, 2015, 11:01 p.m.

I'll eat my hat if I'm wrong. I even sent a picture of the one I'll chop up into a lasagne to a couple friends. I'm sure the way the NDP government is leading us will lead to devastation for the very people who voted them in. The businesses that they're driving out will not be replaced at the same economic scale, and thousands will be out of work. The people of the province voted them in though, and all of us just have to figure out how to work within the system… doing so will inevitably mean less investment though. Ideally, I'd like a government that can sustain the pace of growth we like in the patch while also incentivising other industries to move to Alberta. I have no issue at all with increased green businesses or renewable power companies, but don't rob peter to pay for them - something I suspect is going to happen here, and it will significantly reduce the taxable income that the NDP has to draw from when mid sized oil firms simply withdraw from exploration activities until they're out of office.

May 20, 2015, 6:23 p.m.

I'll eat my hat if I'm wrong. I even sent a picture of the one I'll chop up into a lasagne to a couple friends. I'm sure the way the NDP government is leading us will lead to devastation for the very people who voted them in. The businesses that they're driving out will not be replaced at the same economic scale, and thousands will be out of work. The people of the province voted them in though, and all of us just have to figure out how to work within the system… doing so will inevitably mean less investment though. Ideally, I'd like a government that can sustain the pace of growth we like in the patch while also incentivising other industries to move to Alberta. I have no issue at all with increased green businesses or renewable power companies, but don't rob peter to pay for them - something I suspect is going to happen here, and it will significantly reduce the taxable income that the NDP has to draw from when mid sized oil firms simply withdraw from exploration activities until they're out of office.

They haven't done anything yet! They just got into power! People are ASSUMING what is going to happen, and that is their own responsibility. Stop blaming your pre-judgement on someone else!

Seriously, if you had a fucking crystal ball you'd be rich and sure as hell wouldn't be on this board talking about this shit.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

May 20, 2015, 7:52 p.m.

Stage 5 of Grief - Acceptance.

May 20, 2015, 8:02 p.m.

I'm sorry but personally I'm happy to hear about less investment going to the patch. Yeah some people will be hard hit from it but if they're smart they'll be able to transfer their skills to other areas. Dinosaur juice will be a thing of the past one day.

www.natooke.com

May 20, 2015, 8:20 p.m.

I didn't know that charities dislike the NDP. What's next - panhandlers hate them too?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 20, 2015, 9:35 p.m.

If she would have just simply come out with a clear statement on when she will start a royalty review, the timeline it would take her, and have given some indication of the play types she was most concerned with, I wouldn't give two shits about the government change. Leaving that ambiguity out there is costing people their livelihood though, and it's a shitty thing to do. The only people hurt are the laborers and hourly professionals, supposedly the folks she cares most about.

May 20, 2015, 9:38 p.m.

If she would have just simply come out with a clear statement on when she will start a royalty review, the timeline it would take her, and have given some indication of the play types she was most concerned with, I wouldn't give two shits about the government change. Leaving that ambiguity out there is costing people their livelihood though, and it's a shitty thing to do. The only people hurt are the laborers and hourly professionals, supposedly the folks she cares most about.

If she did, it'd have a 0.4888711% impact on Albertan activity relative to what Ali al-Naimi decides to do.

May 20, 2015, 10:23 p.m.

Freakin' Alberta NDP -

Oil Rout Spurs Canadian Pacific to Cut Shipments Forecast Again

They aren't even officially the government for another 5 days. But already exploding the oil market with their minds … somebody make it stop!

May 20, 2015, 11:15 p.m.

Screw them. Tell them to take their money to Iraq or Nigeria or somewhere else where there is oil with certainty.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 21, 2015, 7:18 a.m.

If she did, it'd have a 0.4888711% impact on Albertan activity relative to what Ali al-Naimi decides to do.

No, it would have a 70% affect relative to what Ali al-Naimi decides to do. If they raise prices, people will still have no fucking clue how much profit or loss they'll take with a tax environment implemented by a rookie government that leans hard to the left. If he lowers prices, losses will be steeper than otherwise as companies don't drill to replace declines fearing a steeper cut will harm their bottom line. All the patch needs is direction, and she's shitty at providing it.

If you're running to head up the province, you might want to do your homework and understand the workings of 25% of it's economic activity when that comes from one single industry.

May 21, 2015, 7:21 a.m.

Screw them. Tell them to take their money to Iraq or Nigeria or somewhere else where there is oil with certainty.

Such a patriot. Put over 100 000 of your country men out of work, put a stop to a lucrative manufacturing environment in Ontario and Nisku where most of the equipment is made, and take a massive cut out of your neighbors provincial budget.

May 21, 2015, 7:25 a.m.

government that leans hard to the left.

lol :lol::lol:

May 21, 2015, 7:31 a.m.

Blames Government in Alberta for oil production problems, in a low dollar per barrel global environment.

Blames Government in California for lax regulations for pipeline oil leak.

Works in the oil industry, never holds oil companies accountable for there own actions!

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll