Official Canucks Playoff Thread

June 14, 2011, 10:35 a.m.

But surprise surprise - no suspension. Way to go NHL!

Not even a 2 minute boarding call. Total BS on that missed call.

June 14, 2011, 10:37 a.m.

Wow, what a flopper.

Late contact+vulnerable player+serious injury= either an unfortunate incident or a 4 game suspension. Hmmm which way will this go?

I though an interference call could have been made but I don't think its a suspendable play but then I thought the same thing about the Rome hit as well.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

June 14, 2011, 10:59 a.m.

Late contact+vulnerable player+serious injury= either an unfortunate incident or a 4 game suspension. Hmmm which way will this go?

I though an interference call could have been made but I don't think its a suspendable play but then I thought the same thing about the Rome hit as well.

^ this and where was the puck?

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

June 14, 2011, 11 a.m.

I just hope Luongo goes for a nice peaceful stroll around the seawall before the game.
:trinity:

Wrong. Always.

June 14, 2011, 11:25 a.m.

I just hope Luongo goes for a nice peaceful stroll around the seawall before the game.
:trinity:

yeah, because there isn't a hundred reporters staked out just waiting for him to stroll by

June 14, 2011, 11:31 a.m.

…….. I'm saying that the team plays like shit and if not for
Thomas being a puck stopping machine they'd be shit.

While I do agree a little, you also have to admit that the team (Bruins) has been very effective at stopping the twins and their pass to pass plays. They are also immobilizing Kesler's presence at the net so they must be doing something right. And how did the top PP team go 2-31 in this series alone?

I dunno I'm far from hockey expert status so what do I know. I mean, sure Kes could be nursing some serious injury so who knows. But what about the twins and the other top scorers. Where are they?

Anyway, we'll finish them off tomorrow. Have faith!!!!!

June 14, 2011, 11:46 a.m.

That "power outage" powerplay stat chart was awfully scary…

June 14, 2011, 12:03 p.m.

But surprise surprise - no suspension. Way to go NHL!

Jack Layton will get right on that.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 14, 2011, 6:17 p.m.

While I do agree a little, you also have to admit that the team (Bruins) has been very effective at stopping the twins and their pass to pass plays. They are also immobilizing Kesler's presence at the net so they must be doing something right. And how did the top PP team go 2-31 in this series alone?

I dunno I'm far from hockey expert status so what do I know. I mean, sure Kes could be nursing some serious injury so who knows. But what about the twins and the other top scorers. Where are they?

Anyway, we'll finish them off tomorrow. Have faith!!!!!

How about the depleted blue line. Just Bieska and Erhoff left for Game 7? The usual line ups offer depth and the ability to carry the puck in across the line and pinch or backcheck effectively and (hopefully) give Lou the angle top stop the shot.

I gots faith.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

June 14, 2011, 6:44 p.m.

I gots faith.

Amen to that.

If we win this tommorow, it will easily be the best day of my short life. Bar none.

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

June 14, 2011, 7:06 p.m.

Amen to that.

If we win this tommorow, it will easily be the best day of my short life. Bar none.

YOU

NEED

TO

TRAVEL!!!

I give you - Australia

And before you ask - "Well, what's the best day of your life then?" - the answer is "Everyday"

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

June 14, 2011, 7:19 p.m.

I'll be honest I thought the hit on Raymond was a hockey play gone wrong, but after seeing it a few times today, I have to say it was what someone above said, hitting a player late, in a vulnerable position. Consistency is definitely not in Mike Murphy's dictionary, or was it Brian Burke's suggestion to let the suspension go? Raw deal on that one but we still need to over come adversity. Yeah we have led only a fraction of the series, IF vancouver wins, you can't say the best team didn't win. The winner of the series needs to win 4 games, doesn't matter how, get the four Ws and lift the cup. Everything else is history.

June 14, 2011, 7:25 p.m.

Monday the 13th, full moon tomorrow

superstitious anybody? maybe Chara will turn into an ostrich

June 14, 2011, 7:51 p.m.

You guys saying you won't enjoy the Cup if they win it bc they didn't win it in dominating fashion are rediculous.

No wonder we're so hard on the players, we can't even let them win the Stanley Cup without whining that they didn't do it well enough.

And we thought Habs fans were rough on their team.

Go Canucks! Good thing the playoffs aren't 5 rounds. I've almost OD'd on hockey somehow! It could be my nervous rash though.

June 14, 2011, 9:14 p.m.

a well written article on those of us that have always been and always will be canucks fans.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/gary_mason/ghosts-of-playoffs-past-haunt-fans/article2061128/