Guns

Dec. 4, 2015, 8:57 a.m.

guns aint got nothin to do with it, switzerland isnt full of idiot americans//

I think that if the US looked a lot more like Switzerland, the world would be a better place. Mandatory military service would keep the douche-bag civilian war-mongerers from constantly pushing for the next juicy conflict (or at least keep them from garnering enough public support for it, right now, most people don't have a horse in the race). Furthermore, mandatory military service would mean that at least there would be SOME weapons safety training, which I think is the largest issue the US faces. Win, win.

The nice thing about some mandatory training would be that it would serve as a secondary screen for mental health issues, if someone is being irresponsible with a firearm during training, or isn't mature enough… FAILED. Come back in six months.

Right now, each gun in the US that is bought for self-defense is four times more likely to accidentally injure you or one of your family members and eleven times more likely to be used in a successful or attempted suicide than to be used for it's intended purpose.

With proper training and storage, those numbers could be reduced dramatically.

Dec. 4, 2015, 10:12 a.m.

yeah but it's fun watching you lose your shit over this gun stuff. it's nbr and we're all just here for entertainment right?

name that nsmb member.

I hate you so much. But unfortunately nsmb won't let me ignore you because you're a moderator or admin.

I try to stomach this dead forum once in a while, mostly to see what the guns and the beater thread have to offer. But without fail, I'm stuck reading your sanctimonious drivel in a thread you have nothing to do with. That's when I realize why this place is dead. We've all grown up and moved on in life. We work, we ride, we live in the outside. But guys like you, that douche who drives the Tesla, and jbazett are still here arguing like it's 2004 all over again. Don't you get that no one cares what you think? Your opinion is only important to you.

This reply should be considered abuse, which goes against your site rules. Do you have the nuts to do anything about that?

Dec. 4, 2015, 10:19 a.m.

I think that if the US looked a lot more like Switzerland, the world would be a better place. Mandatory military service would keep the douche-bag civilian war-mongerers from constantly pushing for the next juicy conflict (or at least keep them from garnering enough public support for it, right now, most people don't have a horse in the race). Furthermore, mandatory military service would mean that at least there would be SOME weapons safety training, which I think is the largest issue the US faces. Win, win.

The nice thing about some mandatory training would be that it would serve as a secondary screen for mental health issues, if someone is being irresponsible with a firearm during training, or isn't mature enough… FAILED. Come back in six months.

Right now, each gun in the US that is bought for self-defense is four times more likely to accidentally injure you or one of your family members and eleven times more likely to be used in a successful or attempted suicide than to be used for it's intended purpose.

With proper training and storage, those numbers could be reduced dramatically.

YEAH have to agree , with the population all pretty much equally trained with firearms , thru military training people will definitely think more before pulling a firearm .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 4, 2015, 10:20 a.m.

on another note anyone have any experience with any of the other rim fire calibers out there .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 4, 2015, 11:30 a.m.

Again, this is a thread for those that likes and respect guns. If you want to spill gun control lies, go back to your Cons whining thread or start another. I have posted videos that dispel this stupid Liberal logic, but ignore facts and post your emotions, act Liberal. There is a lot of factual information available that shows that it is not gun control laws that are issues - it is unresolved mental issues that is the issue.

For someone who likes to dish out out, you sure can't take it. You gonna take your ball and go home?

You've posted nothing that dispels the homicide vs mental issue rate.

Remember, it's not guns that kill people. It's people WITH guns that kill people.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 4, 2015, 11:48 a.m.

I hate you so much. But unfortunately nsmb won't let me ignore you because you're a moderator or admin.

I try to stomach this dead forum once in a while, mostly to see what the guns and the beater thread have to offer. But without fail, I'm stuck reading your sanctimonious drivel in a thread you have nothing to do with. That's when I realize why this place is dead. We've all grown up and moved on in life. We work, we ride, we live in the outside. But guys like you, that douche who drives the Tesla, and jbazett are still here arguing like it's 2004 all over again. Don't you get that no one cares what you think? Your opinion is only important to you.

This reply should be considered abuse, which goes against your site rules. Do you have the nuts to do anything about that?

i think that was my first post here in a couple weeks and only the fourth in this thread. the other ones have been considerate and stayed on topic. i just found that comment to be a bit rich considering what zed's been posting lately. abuse? hardly. it's just par for the course that zed's been setting.

i keep checking this thread because i'm finding the posts from dante and nechako to be informative. if you notice i kept rhetorical drivel out of this thread in respect for the op, but he seems to have set that idea aside.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 4, 2015, 11:49 a.m.

Zed, the anti liberal bs is getting a little tiresome.

Then be your e-hero elsewhere and stop following me into one of the few threads I post, especially ones that premise the opinions ahead of times.

yeah but it's fun watching you lose your shit over this gun stuff. it's nbr and we're all just here for entertainment right?

name that nsmb member.

You don't have to reacharound three sheets

For someone who likes to dish out out, you sure can't take it. You gonna take your ball and go home?

You've posted nothing that dispels the homicide vs mental issue rate.

Remember, it's not guns that kill people. It's people WITH guns that kill people.

I can take it, I just find it pathetic how Liberals "must be right" and will follow and abuse others that do not agree with their 'liberal' beliefs. The hypocrisy is amazing. This thread is for those that are like-minded, yet the Libs follow around, looking to be heros du jour. It is 2015, the internet must be told!

There are many articles about the truths of private owned guns, why don't you read up and actually have knowledge of what you are talking about rather than OPINION. CRIMINALS kill people.

Dec. 4, 2015, 12:06 p.m.

I think that if the US looked a lot more like Switzerland, the world would be a better place.

Senate Republicans just blocked a bill preventing people on a terrorist watch list from buying guns in the US. IOW - let them buy guns.

I can almost assure you, the general US redneck gun owning population isnt the problem in Americastan. They dont get to vote on which wars their administration start. Remember the NFL player who shot his own leg through his pants b/c his safety was off? Ya he's not serving a tours of duty any time soon.

While I do agree that North America is behind the times with the minimum two year "service" requirements, you make it to sound like a draft or tour of duty is a requisite for a functioning nation and would somehow fix the US. Let me ask you, when its well known how "well" the Veterans are treated by the "system" they served, how many smart people will enlist?

Also, youre anti-gun but pro-military, is that right?

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Dec. 4, 2015, 12:09 p.m.

YEAH have to agree , with the population all pretty much equally trained with firearms , thru military training people will definitely think more before pulling a firearm .

One could argue there's a difference between Southern rednecks at a shooting range and the brotha's in Chicongo doing drive by's for their "fire arm training".

Dec. 4, 2015, 12:13 p.m.

Every nation in the world has citizens that suffer from mental issues, but only one nation has magnitudes more mass shootings and gun related deaths/injuries/accidents/incidents.

That nation also has way more guns, and very lax gun laws. Coincidence? I think not.

Notice how "mass shootings" are usually in non rural area's? Also, you talking South Africa or America?

Dec. 4, 2015, 12:32 p.m.

i keep checking this thread because i'm finding the posts from dante and nechako to be informative.

Agreed.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 4, 2015, 12:49 p.m.

You just need a strong cord, once you get it swinging good and fast it's pretty effective.

You can use USB if you're lazy, but I like to really immerse myself in the hunt and even out the odds a little by using PS/2.

Nah man, gotta get real and keep it 8 bit bro!

Dec. 4, 2015, 1:13 p.m.

Then be your e-hero elsewhere and stop following me into one of the few threads I post, especially ones that premise the opinions ahead of times.

You don't have to reacharound three sheets

I can take it, I just find it pathetic how Liberals "must be right" and will follow and abuse others that do not agree with their 'liberal' beliefs. The hypocrisy is amazing. This thread is for those that are like-minded, yet the Libs follow around, looking to be heros du jour. It is 2015, the internet must be told!

There are many articles about the truths of private owned guns, why don't you read up and actually have knowledge of what you are talking about rather than OPINION. CRIMINALS kill people.

i think that was my first post here in a couple weeks and only the fourth in this thread. the other ones have been considerate and stayed on topic. i just found that comment to be a bit rich considering what zed's been posting lately. abuse? hardly. it's just par for the course that zed's been setting.

i keep checking this thread because i'm finding the posts from dante and nechako to be informative. if you notice i kept rhetorical drivel out of this thread in respect for the op, but he seems to have set that idea aside.

See,what you don't get is that I'm a gun supporter,socially liberal yet fiscally conservative and voted ndp in the last election based on what's right for my riding.

Zed,you're becoming that gun but that gives responsible gun owners/users a bad name.

Drop the political rhetoric from your posts and stick to the topic at hand. You do know that you don't have an obligation to respond to everyone (even me) on the interwebs,right?

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 4, 2015, 1:14 p.m.

And you need to chill the fuck out before you end up on a watchlist.

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 4, 2015, 1:26 p.m.

Clearly the guns did it.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/