Guns

Dec. 4, 2015, 8:05 p.m.

I thought this thread wasn't for politics.

Lets leave the pro or anti gun pictures and discussion to another thread.

I like this thread as one to share pictures and answer questions related to firearms.

i know.. like the motorbike thread.. they kill people too!

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Dec. 4, 2015, 8:05 p.m.

This used to be a good thread. It had pics and info. It even came with a guideline about content:

"No, this is not a thread for political opinions or anti-gun dribble, this is for the "I need gun powder aromatherapy" addicts that actually enjoy shooting, collecting, and hunting with guns"

It sure would be cool if both sides could holster their weapons (see what I did there?) and maybe start another thread to debate the gun control issue. I have some pretty strong opinions about it, but I'm heeding the guidelines set out by the OP.

Dec. 4, 2015, 8:21 p.m.

My CZ 452 Ultra Lux out hunting in the fall.

A CZ Lux is on my "want" list, with iron sights. Though I have been eyeing a Uberti Silver Boy as well. Our club has a couple of different .22 shoots that I would like to start participating in soon.

Dec. 4, 2015, 8:24 p.m.

This used to be a good thread. It had pics and info. It even came with a guideline about content:

"No, this is not a thread for political opinions or anti-gun dribble, this is for the "I need gun powder aromatherapy" addicts that actually enjoy shooting, collecting, and hunting with guns"

It sure would be cool if both sides could holster their weapons (see what I did there?) and maybe start another thread to debate the gun control issue. I have some pretty strong opinions about it, but I'm heeding the guidelines set out by the OP.

Yes, thanks for the reminder. Perhaps you can start that thread.

syncro - you had good points there but a different thread is in order

Dec. 4, 2015, 8:38 p.m.

A CZ Lux is on my "want" list, with iron sights. Though I have been eyeing a Uberti Silver Boy as well. Our club has a couple of different .22 shoots that I would like to start participating in soon.

I've got a 452 Lux with the walnut stock and 24" barrel too. It is a lighter rifle to carry but the 28" Ultra is super quiet and fun to shoot with LV rounds. I have had CCI Quiet get stuck in the barrel though.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Dec. 4, 2015, 9:07 p.m.

I've got a 452 Lux with the walnut stock and 24" barrel too. It is a lighter rifle to carry but the 28" Ultra is super quiet and fun to shoot with LV rounds. I have had CCI Quiet get stuck in the barrel though.

I just saw that Prophet just got in a new order of 452 LUX, with 28" barrels but birch stocks for $650. If I didn't blow the budget on that pistol, I would be tempted.

I handled a Canadian CZ at Reliable, it felt quite small in my hands. Is the 452 the same stock size?

Dec. 4, 2015, 9:11 p.m.

Nechako - not sure if you like shotguns or not, but a month ago I managed to pick up an almost new and rare A5 20g Magnum, made in Belgium in 1967 and is mint less a few safe dings. Looks unfired (but I solved that with a dozen rounds down range).

Dec. 4, 2015, 9:42 p.m.

I just saw that Prophet just got in a new order of 452 LUX, with 28" barrels but birch stocks for $650. If I didn't blow the budget on that pistol, I would be tempted.

I handled a Canadian CZ at Reliable, it felt quite small in my hands. Is the 452 the same stock size?

I saw that too.

I don't know if the Canadian is any different as I haven't held one.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Dec. 4, 2015, 9:46 p.m.

Nechako - not sure if you like shotguns or not, but a month ago I managed to pick up an almost new and rare A5 20g Magnum, made in Belgium in 1967 and is mint less a few safe dings. Looks unfired (but I solved that with a dozen rounds down range).

Beauty A5. Those are great shotguns and a 20g would be very nice.

I might have one or two 12g A5s in the safe. ;)

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Dec. 4, 2015, 9:50 p.m.

I thought this thread wasn't for politics.

Lets leave the pro or anti gun pictures and discussion to another thread.

I like this thread as one to share pictures and answer questions related to firearms.

This message

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 5, 2015, 12:13 a.m.

Also, youre anti-gun but pro-military, is that right?

How did you infer that I was anti-gun from what I posted? I grew up on the North Coast and worked in some of the most remote areas of BC before I got chained to my desk, fishing and hunting were just part of life. I was taught that owning a gun was a tremendous responsibility and that proper storage and handling of a firearm was critical for my own safety, and the safety of those around me. I couldn't care less whether someone wants to buy a gun or not, I just think that they should have to learn the basics first and not be a fucking lunatic.

If that makes me anti-gun, we're all doomed.

Dec. 5, 2015, 2:03 p.m.

How did you infer that I was anti-gun from what I posted?

I just find most people who want gun control are anti gun.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Dec. 5, 2015, 2:05 p.m.

And hopefully this belongs here:

http://www.wnd.com/2007/04/41196/#OshlSXEh1S7WiyYt.99

Town mandates citizens to owns guns, and no murders in 25 years.

Dec. 5, 2015, 2:09 p.m.

I just find most people who want gun control are anti gun.

And most people who want birth control are anti birth.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 5, 2015, 2:10 p.m.

And most people who want birth control are anti birth.

Is that a pro gun statement? If not, gtfo with your strawman whatever it post.