shed is being torn down

Feb. 16, 2004, 11:59 p.m.

What's done is done. Time to move forward and address the issue of what is going to be the future of the Shed. Every day that nothing happens is another day where nothing is going to happen. Has there been any statements made by officials or whatnot? If so, what was said?
We can not sit here twiddling our thumbs just mopeing about the demolition and what led to it.
Petitions @ LBS's if they're not already in motion would be a great start. Perhaps a 'friendly protest' a'la Critical Mass (read: strength in numbers - not in a violent way, though!) of some form could be arranged? Dunno.
I do know that this thread is getting me bummed that something like that can still happen and then it gets even worse as it goes on:( . I want to start seeing some 'good news' posts and in a hurry. Yes, I know you'll rebuild. It will likely be even better than before. But, it needs to be something that will remain. IT'S NECESSARY.

Best of luck to all that are taking this bull by the horns.

:beer:

South Sea-Tac Flowpark Gallery
KEEP IT GREEN!
This signature is brought to you by the letter "H" and by the number "6"

Feb. 17, 2004, 9:25 a.m.

his wrist was probably already weakened by strenuous bathroom activities

We're riding bicycles!!!

For sale: 5th element spring 425 lbs from a 2003 Bullit $40 shipping incl. PM me.

Feb. 17, 2004, 1:36 p.m.

the more and more riders we get, the more power. people power will save the shed.make as much noise as you can and contact delta council.

dave
shedbikeclub police and rider :D

** DIE TRYING* :007:
:canada: :england: :beer: :beer:

Feb. 17, 2004, 2:25 p.m.

Just sent an email , Told them that due to them tearing down the trails I will no longer be vacationing in there city and will not be putting any money into there economy because of it. They need to realize that the trails are a draw to the area and that feeds there businesses which feeds there taxes. If you can, enlist LBS's h/motels in tracking numbers of people and quantifing dollars spent due to people coming to town to ride the trails you have another angle to support the rebuilding of the area. Anyway what happened is disheartening.

Feb. 17, 2004, 3:11 p.m.

Originally posted by rampage 01
word on the street is that, parents said nothing to the city, a city worker was on the scene, or saw the guy hurt after, and asked what happened ( as he was in obvious pain)

i wonder if he helped the guy get out of the shed at all

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Feb. 17, 2004, 3:51 p.m.

no, just saw him… he phoned his dad, and his dad picked him up, from what he says, the parks guy just saw him.

Feb. 17, 2004, 4:21 p.m.

So thats almost even more ridiculous since the Worker couldnt know the extent of his injuries.

Satan is a politician :devil:

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Feb. 17, 2004, 5:47 p.m.

Originally posted by rampage 01
no, just saw him… he phoned his dad, and his dad picked him up, from what he says, the parks guy just saw him.

WTF:mad:

** DIE TRYING* :007:
:canada: :england: :beer: :beer:

Feb. 17, 2004, 8:23 p.m.

what is retarded is that the kid will probably get a new bike out of this if his parents win in court, but where is he going to ride his new bike, the shed's been torn down thanks to him.

"Fullness of knowledge always means some understanding of the depths of our ignorance; and that is always conducive to humility and reverence." - Robert Millikan

Feb. 17, 2004, 8:45 p.m.

just wrote to them,

Hello,

I'm emailing you about the problem concerning the "Goat Trail" used publicly for mountain biking and presenting an arguement about it being torn down. I am only 14 years old but I still think I can somehow make you guys somehow think that the bike trails need to be preserved at the watershed. The first time I visited the watershed was this August and was expecting to ride a boring hiking trail but instead found some of the best and most historic trails in the lower mainland. I had a blast riding the obstacles with my friend and was eargerly awaiting to return and try and tackle some more stunts as I had gained some riding skill since the time I had visited. I had my trip planned and then heard that the trails I was so hyped about were being deconstructed over a somewhat "minor" injury that occured to a kid who hurt himself trying to ride and obstacle, which has happened many times before to people sometimes resulting in serious injuries that are quite hard to heal which seem major compared to this but no lawsuits came out of these seemingly major injuries. So now I am asking that you stop tearing down structures that people have put alot of time and effort into these trails for the enjoyment of many people and for almost no glorification. I thank you for reading my message and hope you think about it and try and reconsider the deconstruction of the trails.

Sincerly,

Jeff Mayhew

"Fullness of knowledge always means some understanding of the depths of our ignorance; and that is always conducive to humility and reverence." - Robert Millikan

Feb. 17, 2004, 8:49 p.m.

Done and done. Well thought out email sent.

Question: Does DELTA have it's own little community newspaper
(ie:Eastsider in Vancouver, Burnaby NOW, etc…)?
How about getting in touch with one of the editors and suggesting an idea for a piece they could run. Seems like the non main stream papers are allways willing to stick it to the man.

Feb. 17, 2004, 8:53 p.m.

Originally posted by spookymilk

which has happened many times before to people sometimes resulting in serious injuries that are quite hard to heal which seem major compared to this but no lawsuits came out of these seemingly major injuries.

I don't think this statement will help your cause at all.

Feb. 17, 2004, 10:29 p.m.

Hey guys/girls

I gotta tell ya, I'm a Dad and I ride. My son had a similiar incident along with one of his friends. My response was "hey kid, get better at it and it won't happen again" I love him but that was my response nevertheless. My son's buds Dad got all bent out of shape in spite of his kid telling him to chill out. So this kid that broke his wrist is probably pissed at his parents for doing this but what can he do…nothing. It's the anal retentive parents out there who probably have no meaning in thier lives and just jump at the chance to stir up shit.
I'm just damn glad that i'm not wrapped up in that narrow minded way of thinking, man that would be a drag.

Life Part 2

Feb. 17, 2004, 11:50 p.m.

Originally posted by bygdaug **
Hey guys/girls

I gotta tell ya, I'm a Dad and I ride.**

Moi aussi.

My daughter is just getting into biking, and I tell her that the odds are that she will crash. So I try and teach her avoidance riding, and also how to fall. After that, it's up to her what the odds of her crashing "often" are.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 20, 2004, 6:18 p.m.

Originally posted by davet
I don't think this statement will help your cause at all.

:lol: good judgement