Ride more, bitch less.

Dec. 23, 2016, 8:14 a.m.

I am nearly finished packing my stuff……heading down south to Finale Ligure in Italy probably tomorrow night for a few days of riding in 14 deg Celsius.

Soooo looking forward to this after more or less 8 months of misery.

Jealous. Wished I could join you. These days it's all about the fender-ized single speed for getting to the city and back during the week. And the slack hardtail in the local trails where I live. Not many people aside from my family to ride with when it gets to this time of year.

Ride More Bitch Less

Dec. 23, 2016, 8:58 a.m.

I am nearly finished packing my stuff……heading down south to Finale Ligure in Italy probably tomorrow night for a few days of riding in 14 deg Celsius.

Soooo looking forward to this after more or less 8 months of misery.

Ahhh this what I love about europe, everything is within a days drive. I suppose Germany is also quite central. I sure am looking forward to getting back there w my bike in due time, maybe 2018.

Enjoy your well earned time off

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 23, 2016, 9:29 a.m.

Just got back from a week in Maui. Was staying up on the hill overlooking Lahaina on a place called Launiupoko. Went for a couple hikes in the area and there is tons of great terrain/ trails but no signs of tire tracks. I met a guy from Norcal working on a snorkle tour boat out to Lanai who has been building trails up there on the downlow due to private land. The owners look the other way as long as it's not advertised. It was interesting to see a scene that so underground.
Also on this trip I surfed everyday North Island solo. Something I used to do alot but these days not so much. Being the pasty white guy paddling out you never feel so much tension and unfriendy vibe. Its sad really, no one says hi or fuck all. My point is that this community of mountainbikers here, and many other places, is a really positive thing an no matter how much we bitch on here, no none acts like a dick on the trails like they do out in the surf. I realized even getting some great waves, its not so much fun with all the tension and competitveness out there. I know from surfing for years it's a different animal, but when you are in a paradise with killer conditions. You think someone might crack a smile.
Can't wait to get out for a ride in the new year.
Have a great xmas

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Dec. 23, 2016, 10:47 a.m.

Nice perspective. I often walk up to the hordes gathering at the bottom of Seymour when I'm in town and strike up discussion on the down-low to get a sense of localism. So far everyone has been pretty good… this is 20yrs of observations I'm talking about. Uncommon.

Ride More Bitch Less

Dec. 23, 2016, 12:04 p.m.

Yeah that's a great perspective! I know nothing about surfing so always assumed the way it's portrayed in movies was just over dramatisation. Didn't think there was that much of a negative vibe and a kind of turf war. Really sad for the surf scene but you're right, us bikers are awesome! ;)

Dec. 23, 2016, 9:03 p.m.

Being here (in BC) just over a year I've found everyone very welcoming.

Be them on the trails or the odd NSMB person I've met in real life, this is a friendly place to move to.

It may seem toxic on here sometimes but the internet is not the real world.

All in all, despite its problems, the North Shore and Vancouver may be the best place in the world to live.

Dec. 26, 2016, 9:30 a.m.

I am slow. Really slow. So I need to ride more in 2017. More and faster.

Anyways, rode the 24hrs of Finale Track today. And I am slow. Felt great ruding prooer singletrack. Nice views of the Mediterranean. A couple of clouds. Took it easy though, instead of trying to improve my lactate threshold I rather pushed uohill. Not really ridden for a loong time and no need to kill myself on the first day.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Dec. 26, 2016, 12:44 p.m.

Slow is the new fast, don't be so hard on yourself. As I see it, you're out riding in primo territory while the Shore is getting snowed on.

Looking forward to getting back to WA to get the annual winter trail work underway in my neighborhood loop.

Ride More Bitch Less

Dec. 27, 2016, 6:20 p.m.

snow has been way to good this past month to spin wheels

snowshoe, skin, ski, snowbike have all been sweet.

Dec. 27, 2016, 7:41 p.m.

Took the new to me bike out for a ride.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 21, 2017, 1:10 p.m.

No riding for me, minus temps and snow means that I rather sit on my old Koga road bike in front of the tv watching bike movies to keep the fire alive.

What about those of us who live in nicer areas? Done any riding lately? Pics?

- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 31, 2017, 6:55 a.m.

anybody zwift?

Feb. 1, 2017, 11:49 a.m.

Soon. Got a kickr coming next week and I may give it a go.

Ride More Bitch Less

Feb. 2, 2017, 1:15 a.m.

What exactly is Zwift? Caught my eye on Strava.

- Kristen Ulmer

Feb. 2, 2017, 2:04 p.m.

What exactly is Zwift? Caught my eye on Strava.

It's basically pokemon go but for bikes. Basically it's VR road riding that pulls in telemetry from your actual bike and models it in the game. A friend of mine uses it to "ride" with his buddies when the weather is such that it would ruin his princess of a racing bike.