Thunderbolts!

April 9, 2015, 10:24 p.m.

DB North Van has started receiving the new Thunderbolt MSL beauties!
We now have examples of 799, 770, 750 and 790 BC Edition built and on the floor. Drop by to check them out!

Fully loaded XTR DI2 MSL 799

www.differentbikes.ca
North Vancouver | West Vancouver | Vancouver Broadway |

April 9, 2015, 10:34 p.m.

dang, for a second i thought 799 was the price. i was already reaching for my credit card.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 9, 2015, 10:38 p.m.

dang, for a second i thought 799 was the price. i was already reaching for my credit card.

Hah! Well there is a "99" in the price… The 799 is in the "if you have to ask.." category of pricing. 770 and other models are right in the game on bang for buck though.

one of the DB gang (me) has 10 or 11 rides on a BC Edition now and quick review is that these bikes are really dialled…

www.differentbikes.ca
North Vancouver | West Vancouver | Vancouver Broadway |

April 10, 2015, 11:48 a.m.

my god; $11,499.

April 10, 2015, 12:06 p.m.

my god; $11,499.

Good Lord!

Pics 'n prices 'n weights?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

April 10, 2015, 12:17 p.m.

my god; $11,499.

LOL. Bike prices are insane.

April 10, 2015, 12:44 p.m.

Carbon wheels and Di2 folks.

April 10, 2015, 1:09 p.m.

So the Di2 calculates the ideal gear you should be in - paddle one way for a taller gear, the other for lower. How does that work when you don't know when it's going to initiate a front shift? Seems like that would get crunchy?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

April 10, 2015, 2:08 p.m.

Sick bike but I'd rather do a frame up so I could throw a lowered 36 on there.

I wish my Ultegra Di2 had one paddle front changing at times

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 10, 2015, 3:12 p.m.

So the Di2 calculates the ideal gear you should be in - paddle one way for a taller gear, the other for lower. How does that work when you don't know when it's going to initiate a front shift? Seems like that would get crunchy?

You can program the front shifting if you use one paddle. That way there's no surprises when you shift up or down up front. Additionally, it will double beep to let you know that the shift is about to happen. Our T-bolt ships with both shifter so you can choose to use the LH one or not.

Sick bike but I'd rather do a frame up so I could throw a lowered 36 on there.

I wish my Ultegra Di2 had one paddle front changing at times

That's what the BC edition Thunderbolt is for.

April 10, 2015, 3:33 p.m.

Not arguing it's a sick build.

April 10, 2015, 3:46 p.m.

I agree 11500$ for a bike is nuts. for the same price you can get this.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

April 10, 2015, 4:25 p.m.

There really is no winning show casing new bikes on bike forums?

Put up the top model everyone bitches about the price regardless of how many price points you hit; post up the mid range and everyone compares it mentally with the kit-[HTML_REMOVED]-finish of other brands boutique bikes they have seen.

For anyone bitching about the price, go check out the Gear Forum. There are, for example, more than a few carbon Nomad V3's that are north of 10k builds with significantly cheaper drivetrains than XTR Di2.

[HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED] Translation: It's a fing flagship limited fing production bike for f*** sake [HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED]

Would I spend that much on a bike? F*** No. But some people gladly do and if you watch how technology trickles down through group sets over a (short) number of years it's awesome that they do.

Rocky makes a number of models (carbon and aluminum) in this bike and if you are in the market they probably make one (without carbon rims and Di2 XTR) that suits whatever your budget is…

The BC Edition Thunderbolt is the first bike Rocky has made since the red/yellow Altitude T.O. circa nineteen-ninety-cantilever that speaks to me, and also to the riding I like to do and really balances aggressive spec (Fox 36) with weight/efficiency.

Personally wish there was a One-Up 1x10 (42t) Shimano SLX on Aluminum frame w/ Fox 36 RC2 fork and MT5 brakes BC edition bike to maximize performance//value for me -- but there was apparently no interest in doing a Drew-dition.

Also… This:

DB North Van has started receiving the new Thunderbolt MSL beauties!
We now have examples of 799, 770, 750 and 790 BC Edition built and on the floor. Drop by to check them out!

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

April 10, 2015, 4:41 p.m.

There really is no winning show casing new bikes on bike forums?

Put up the top model everyone bitches about the price regardless of how many price points you hit; post up the mid range and everyone compares it mentally with the kit-[HTML_REMOVED]-finish of other brands boutique bikes they have seen.

For anyone bitching about the price, go check out the Gear Forum. There are, for example, more than a few carbon Nomad V3's that are north of 10k builds with significantly cheaper drivetrains than XTR Di2.

[HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED] Translation: It's a fing flagship limited fing production bike for f*** sake [HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED]

Would I spend that much on a bike? F*** No. But some people gladly do and if you watch how technology trickles down through group sets over a (short) number of years it's awesome that they do.

Rocky makes a number of models (carbon and aluminum) in this bike and if you are in the market they probably make one (without carbon rims and Di2 XTR) that suits whatever your budget is…

The BC Edition Thunderbolt is the first bike Rocky has made since the red/yellow Altitude T.O. circa nineteen-ninety-cantilever that speaks to me, and also to the riding I like to do and really balances aggressive spec (Fox 36) with weight/efficiency.

Personally wish there was a One-Up 1x10 (42t) Shimano SLX on Aluminum frame w/ Fox 36 RC2 fork and MT5 brakes to maximize performance//value for me -- but there was apparently no interest in doing a Drew-dition.

Also… This:

i'll put in a vote for the drewdition.

as for the price i had no idea until it got posted up - but that debate is best left for another thread.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 10, 2015, 4:44 p.m.

i'll put in a vote for the drewdition.

as for the price i had no idea until it got posted up - but that debate is best left for another thread.

There you go: two 2015.5 Drewditions sold!

And yes, sorry Different Bikes. How about some live pics and ballpark prices for the other models just to balance things out?

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather