NSMB Cumberland Meet Up - 2023 Event Archive

March 20, 2023, 3:30 p.m.

I got bright pink ones I was saving for my DH bike

March 20, 2023, 7:22 p.m.

Posted by: Vikb

Posted by: Hepcat

In the spirit of inclusion it would be good family fun to build up a nice bonfire and sacrifice all bikes that aren't hardtails with push-on grips to the demon god Azeroth.

I'll bring marshmallows and long sticks.

Okay. I may have to get some push on grips just for the event. I don't want to let the team down. ;-)

Oh damn me too. Presently only own a full suspension with lock-ons. Azeroth must be appeased.

March 25, 2023, 3:28 p.m.

Posted by: skooks

I might even bring my hardtail!

You have to bring it! I can store a bike in my garage if you are worried about security while riding.

Ok you convinced me Vik!  Thanks for the offer but I will have my van for bike security.

April 2, 2023, 6:42 a.m.

Posted by: skooks

Ok you convinced me Vik!  Thanks for the offer but I will have my van for bike security.

Right on. Now I just have to avoid getting injured and we'll get that hardtail shred in the books! :-)

April 5, 2023, 2:48 p.m.

If Im on the Island for summer leave in that window Ill definitely swing up from Mill Bay.  It would be a hoot to meet and ride with you lot 🤙

April 23, 2023, 12:46 p.m.

I better get my ass in gear if I don't want to get crushed on this ride ha ha, I haven't ridden since November!

April 24, 2023, 8:15 p.m.

Posted by: thaaad

I better get my ass in gear if I don't want to get crushed on this ride ha ha, I haven't ridden since November!

Good idea. The fitter you are the more fun you are going to have.  I'm riding as much as possible so I have a chance of keeping up with Vik.

April 25, 2023, 6:43 a.m.

We'll be going a social pace so no need to crush out any PRs, but as Skooks says you'll have more fun if climbing doesn't feel like a death march. My personal goal this year isn't to be super fast...it's to not miss any riding events due to injury. **fingers crossed**

May 30, 2023, 8:17 p.m.

Just checking who is planning on being in Cumberland a couple weekends from now?

May 31, 2023, 9:21 a.m.

I'm still in :)

Bringing the family, one of my buddies from the island might meet us there as well.  We'll be in on the 9th and we leave on the 12th.

May 31, 2023, 9:31 a.m.

I won't be camping but I'd like to join one or two rides and some post-ride beers & food.

Anything planned for the Friday?

May 31, 2023, 9:49 a.m.

I'll be there. Arriving Friday morning likely with a buddy.  He doesn't have a hardtail sadly.

Old and slow

May 31, 2023, 2:32 p.m.

Posted by: [email protected]

Not at this point. I've got the bandwidth to lead a ride Sat & Sun mornings. If you are keen Niels a Friday ride would be nice for those that want to get more riding in.

May 31, 2023, 3:15 p.m.

Not at this point. I've got the bandwidth to lead a ride Sat & Sun mornings. If you are keen Niels a Friday ride would be nice for those that want to get more riding in.

I'd be happy to take anyone on a Friday (afternoon?) ride.

I assume Vik will lead rides from the campground on to the Cumby trails and for a Friday warm up ride that probably makes most sense as well. But if at any point during the weekend anyone feels like they haven't ridden enough and is keen to get a Forbidden Plateau sampler, that is also an option (pedal or shuttle) that I'd be happy to lead.

May 31, 2023, 4:06 p.m.

I'd be happy to take anyone on a Friday (afternoon?) ride.

I assume Vik will lead rides from the campground on to the Cumby trails and for a Friday warm up ride that probably makes most sense as well. But if at any point during the weekend anyone feels like they haven't ridden enough and is keen to get a Forbidden Plateau sampler, that is also an option (pedal or shuttle) that I'd be happy to lead.

I'll be there Friday and plan to ride. I've only ridden Forbidden once  a long time ago with Vik and Jerry. I'd love to go back and would sure appreciate a local guide.  Maybe Friday or Sunday afternoon? Whatever works for you.