COVID-19

Oct. 28, 2020, 11:42 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Its bordering rhetorical but where did the flu cases go? Down 98%?

It's your point, why don't you tell us? What do you think?

Oct. 28, 2020, 12:52 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Its bordering rhetorical but where did the flu cases go? Down 98%?

It's your point, why don't you tell us? What do you think?

How about lets not play that game again as if I actually know right what happened to the flu cases? It's a link from the CDC. Perhaps I dont need to make a point as it looks to be more of a statement.

Oct. 28, 2020, 1:26 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

In March most of the world believed that COVID spread from touching surfaces and then your face. Shogun, why do you think pointing out what Fauci said in March is relevant to late October? The effectiveness of mask-wearing is now well documented.

He basically said masks will make people feel better during the pandemic

So 2 questions: in your opinion, Fauci is still fighting the good fight against the Trump administration? 

And, if Chinese citizens wore masks during the initial out break last year as they do in general around flu season, how did it spread there? If masks work that is, why or how did it spread and why are cases going up here and there now ? 

Right, the second wave..

....implying? 

I am just curious, did not read the CDC article, but talked with a colleague at work today, and she said that flu is down in Germany as well, apparently due to the majority wearing masks and not hugging and being that close together.

Oct. 28, 2020, 1:49 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

In March most of the world believed that COVID spread from touching surfaces and then your face. Shogun, why do you think pointing out what Fauci said in March is relevant to late October? The effectiveness of mask-wearing is now well documented.

He basically said masks will make people feel better during the pandemic

So 2 questions: in your opinion, Fauci is still fighting the good fight against the Trump administration? 

And, if Chinese citizens wore masks during the initial out break last year as they do in general around flu season, how did it spread there? If masks work that is, why or how did it spread and why are cases going up here and there now ? 

Right, the second wave..

First of all... I count three questions.  

Fauci is fighting the good fight against the pandemic and disinformation.  

Did they wear masks in Wuhan last year or did you just make that up?  What percentage?  Social distancing?  Masks are not bomb shelters.  You can still spread viruses but at a lesser rate.  

Here is a question for you.  If masks don't work, why are the only ones in the American govt catching COVID all the asshats that won't wear them?

Oct. 28, 2020, 2:59 p.m.

How about lets not play that game again as if I actually know right what happened to the flu cases? It's a link from the CDC. Perhaps I dont need to make a point as it looks to be more of a statement.

Why not, you're the one that brought it up. All you have to do is connect the dots.

How does the flu spread?
What's different about this flu season so far and pretty much all other flu seasons going back 70 odd years or more?
Considering that, does it make sense that reported cases of the flu are a lot lower than normal?

You suggest that this info was just a statement, but even a statement has a purpose. In this case look at the context of why you posted that info. Tungsten posted a link about covid testing being unreliable and asked for comments, then shoreboy made a rebuttal about why the article is flawed and then you asked "Why not look at flu numbers for the past year?" That's drawing a comparison from the flu to covid. When you got challenged on the relevancy of past flu numbers to covid you first refused to answer, then flippantly threw the question back at shoreboy and then finally posted your CDC link in a manner that seems to be a rebuttal to shoreboy's challenge on the relevancy of seasonal flu numbers to covid numbers. It seems pretty clear you had some sort of point in all of that.

What makes it all such a huge pile of steaming shit is that in the sentence right before your quote it states quite clearly what the reasons might be for the decline in flu numbers.

"These changes were attributed to both artifactual changes related to declines in routine health seeking for respiratory illness as well as real changes in influenza virus circulation because of widespread implementation of measures to mitigate transmission of SARS-CoV-2."

People are tired of your games which is why you get shit on and accused of not having the capability to read and follow the discussion. I don't know what your purpose is with all this, but you definitely don't help yourself with the way you go about things.

Last edited by: syncro on Nov. 3, 2020, 12:10 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Reason: grammar/editing error
Oct. 30, 2020, 8:09 a.m.

Ya thats just peachy isnt it? Comparing our age old friend influenze to a new cold virus is also just wrong.

Viewpoints are evolving it seems. 

Kinda like the advice from the authorities about masks and cleaning.

Nov. 1, 2020, 6:23 p.m.

Why not, you're the one that brought it up. All you have to do is connect the dots.

How does the flu spread?
What's different about this flu season so far and pretty much all other flu seasons going back 70 odd years or more?
Considering that, does it make sense that reported cases of the flu are a lot lower than normal?

You suggest that this info was just a statement, but even a statement has a purpose. In this case look at the context of why you posted that info. Tungsten posted a link about covid testing being unreliable and asked for comments,  then shoreboy made a rebuttal about why the article is flawed and then you asked "Why not look at flu numbers for the past year?" That's drawing a comparison from the flu to covid. When you got challenged on the relevancy of past flu numbers to covid you first refused to answer, then flippantly threw the question back at shoreboy and then finally posted your CDC link in a manner that seems to be a rebuttal to shoreboy's challenge on the relevancy of seasonal flu numbers to covid numbers. It seems pretty clear you had some sort of point in all of that. 

What makes it all such a huge pile of steaming shit is that in the sentence right before your quote it states quite clearly what the reasons might be for the decline in flu numbers.

"These changes were attributed to both artifactual changes related to declines in routine health seeking for respiratory illness as well as real changes in influenza virus circulation because of widespread implementation of measures to mitigate transmission of SARS-CoV-2.use of a partial quote and misrepresenting  the context. Here's the full sentence from the CDC. I've bolded the important part that you omitted."

It's not that I refuse to answer shit, just when I do I get more shit. So I'd rather let people (try to) find their own answer to what I ask. Notice how Shoreboy didnt answer my question about my flu question? And he hasnt yet? And ffs, we all know how the flu spreads and you can also just stop explaining what I do on here. I still dont care if you approve of my go fish posting style.

As for what the CDC says, you're inferring and they're guessing. And we're doing the same. Not like they're reporting flu as covid to keep their plan in motion because that'd be ridiculous. Now, if you fuckers are tired of me, wakey wakey grind up some caffeine pills and rip 'em or just add me to your ignore list.

Nov. 1, 2020, 9:58 p.m.

No flu vaccines in Vancouver...

Nov. 2, 2020, 6:21 a.m.

Rode thru Lynn headwaters on Saturday, what a gong show. Huge groups of hikers and walkers shoulder to shoulder. No one seems to get it or care anymore.

Nov. 3, 2020, 11:48 a.m.

Posted by: tashi

Ya thats just peachy isnt it? Comparing our age old friend influenze to a new cold virus is also just wrong.

Viewpoints are evolving it seems. 

Kinda like the advice from the authorities about masks and cleaning.

Ya sort of like the CDC recently announcing that covid infected people can vote in person now. Guess those fabric face coverings really do work.

Nov. 3, 2020, 11:51 a.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

Rode thru Lynn headwaters on Saturday, what a gong show. Huge groups of hikers and walkers shoulder to shoulder. No one seems to get it or care anymore.

You can see it on the sidwalks and in the malls. I find the largest issue with the human herd is people cutting inside corners like they're driving taking a corner going wide-inside-wide. And they usually have their head down in their phone. It almost reminds me of high school where one should get ready to drop a shoulder just in case.

Nov. 3, 2020, 11:53 a.m.

I also never asked you what happened to 98% of the flu. In your own words without links, please enlighten me and the rest of the internet as to what actually happened.

Thanks in advance,

le Shogun

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on Nov. 3, 2020, 11:54 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 3, 2020, 11:58 a.m.

I also never asked you what happened to 98% of the flu. In your own words without links, please enlighten me and the rest of the internet as to what actually happened.

Thanks in advance,

le Shogun

That answer has been provided.

Nov. 3, 2020, 12:03 p.m.

Thanks in advance,

le Shogun

Barely.

Nov. 3, 2020, 12:04 p.m.

Thanks in advance,

le Shogun

Barely.

Not my problem you were unable to comprehend your own link.