Remembrance Day and Religious Freedom

Nov. 10, 2012, 12:45 p.m.

Facepsalm

Nov. 10, 2012, 2:25 p.m.

So, they cut a couple million out of Veteran Affairs office, but Harper gov't can spend $55 millions on telling us how fucking awesome they are.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/11/09/pol-cp-harper-government-ad-spending.html

Kn.

Dude… the unelected Panjandrums at Veterans Affairs have been nickling and diming veterans long before Harper came to power. And do far more harm then the Cons ever could.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/11/08/sunnybrook-veteran-abuse.html

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 10, 2012, 2:50 p.m.

…harper sucking bush cock when he sent troops into the middle east

Uhh, that was Chretien and the Liberals wayyy back in 2001.

I spend most every year at the local cenotaph on Remembrance Day. It is usually a big turnout in White Rock.

Nov. 10, 2012, 3:29 p.m.

I served in the military (US I know, but) and I have numerous friends in the military.
We serve to secure the right for someone to NOT go to a remembrance day event, burn our
flags, and say whatever they want about our government. While my gut reaction when the military
is dissed (or veterans) is fuck those guys and throat punch. But, when I reflect, I am
proud to live in a country (here or USA) that allows people to subvert their government.

BTW, not sure how this is a religious thing?

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Nov. 10, 2012, 3:42 p.m.

My gut tells me this is a Political Correctness make work project dreamed up by a bunch of old school board white guys trying to look sensitive.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/09/remembrance-day-has-special-meaning-for-former-afghan-translator

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Nov. 10, 2012, 3:54 p.m.

Government spent $28 million on the War of 1812 but plans to cut $226 million from Veterans Affairs even though it is going to spend $180 million more next year on compensation and financial support for Veterans due to increases in applications.

I mentioned this goes back farther then who gets blamed now.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/montreal/Remembrance+Bosnian+veteran+Sylvain+Chartrand/7525754/story.html

Reality.. politicians can spew endless words about veterans and how they will help. But the words are meaningless because they are not the problem. The problem is the mindset of these organizations and their unelected staff and management. Because it's the Veterans Affairs staff who never leave who veterans have to fight. And VA staff hate guys like Pat Stogran way more then a politician.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Nov. 10, 2012, 8:30 p.m.

I served in the military (US I know, but) and I have numerous friends in the military.
We serve to secure the right for someone to NOT go to a remembrance day event, burn our
flags, and say whatever they want about our government. While my gut reaction when the military
is dissed (or veterans) is fuck those guys and throat punch. But, when I reflect, I am
proud to live in a country (here or USA) that allows people to subvert their government.

I agree. I feel the same shame and anger that people disrespect our vets, but at the same time I'm glad this isn't Syrian or Iran or Tungsten-menistan where you'd get arrested or shot for not toeing the party line.

Usually a priest or padre will say a prayer during the ceremony. I'm not religious but out of respect I bow my head during prayers in situations like that. Unfortunately some people are really sensitive about that sort of shit and can't have the word "God" pass through their ear canal, or else their fragile little minds will shatter.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Nov. 10, 2012, 10:16 p.m.

Usually a priest or padre will say a prayer during the ceremony. I'm not religious but out of respect I bow my head during prayers in situations like that. Unfortunately some people are really sensitive about that sort of shit and can't have the word "God" pass through their ear canal, or else their fragile little minds will shatter.

I agree, while I don't bow my head, I do stand respectfully. I figure anyone that sees me
not bowing isn't bowed either.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Nov. 11, 2012, 8:17 a.m.

May God bless all those who have fought or are fighting for our freedom

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the organizer, Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag, And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protester to burn the flag." - Charles Michael Province

Nov. 12, 2012, 4:26 a.m.

Our father in heaven, loving creator, we gather together to ask for your holy spirit…to bless our brave troops…so they can blow the shit out of those pagen bastards.

So much for freedom….

http://news.sky.com/story/1010165/burning-poppy-photo-man-faces-questioning

Nov. 12, 2012, 7:25 a.m.

The saddest thing about remembrance day now is witnessing peoples interpretation of freedom.

Pastor of Muppets

Nov. 12, 2012, 8:07 a.m.

David Allen Green, a journalist and lawyer for the New Statesman, tweeting as Jack of Kent, wrote: "What was the point of winning either World War if, in 2012, someone can be casually arrested by Kent Police for burning a poppy?"

This.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Nov. 12, 2012, 10:02 a.m.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Nov. 12, 2012, 10:06 a.m.

What feral quoted. I'm fairly outspoken against war and military spending, however I feel guilty about not buying a poppy this year. The world wars were a different time, and those vets deserve our respect, help and remembrance.

Nov. 12, 2012, 10:09 a.m.

The saddest thing about remembrance day now is witnessing peoples interpretation of freedom.

^This

www.thisiswhy.co.uk