Remembrance Day and Religious Freedom

Nov. 9, 2012, 6:12 p.m.

Religious Freedom? I'm confused by this. I thought it was about veterans not what "god" you followed.

http://www.lfpress.com/2012/11/09/manitoba-students-can-opt-out-of-remembrance-day-ceremonies

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 9, 2012, 6:19 p.m.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them. If these pussies want to opt out of Remembrance Day, they can opt out of their citizenship, right to vote, right to free speech, and right to live as well.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Nov. 9, 2012, 6:30 p.m.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them. If these pussies want to opt out of Remembrance Day, they can opt out of their citizenship, right to vote, right to free speech, and right to live as well.

I'll buy you a beer any day. :beer:

Nov. 9, 2012, 7:47 p.m.

Tempest in a teapot. Article fails to point out how many students will actually opt out.

JWs/Seventh Day Adventists, for example, believe that any celebrations, anthems, rituals, etc. are to be eschewed as these elevate human events to the level of godhood. So the only thing they participate in is xmas, the birthday of baby jeebus.

All this fuss over the one or two students that will opt out. Big whoop.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 9, 2012, 7:57 p.m.

Here 'mil, outrage this!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DsJ8IhWO7w

So, they cut a couple million out of Veteran Affairs office, but Harper gov't can spend $55 millions on telling us how fucking awesome they are.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/11/09/pol-cp-harper-government-ad-spending.html

Kn.

Nov. 9, 2012, 8:13 p.m.

It's about the veterans? I thought it was about remembering the fact that millions died. Both soldiers and non-soldiers alike.

For me remembrance day is about reflecting on how world wars have resulted in death and horror on an incomprehensible scale and to remind myself to always oppose war in every way I can.

www.natooke.com

Nov. 9, 2012, 8:16 p.m.

So, they cut a couple million out of Veteran Affairs office, but Harper gov't can spend $55 millions on telling us how fucking awesome they are.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/11/09/pol-cp-harper-government-ad-spending.html

Kn.

Government spent $28 million on the War of 1812 but plans to cut $226 million from Veterans Affairs even though it is going to spend $180 million more next year on compensation and financial support for Veterans due to increases in applications.

Nov. 9, 2012, 11:15 p.m.

Tempest in a teapot. Article fails to point out how many students will actually opt out.

JWs/Seventh Day Adventists, for example, believe that any celebrations, anthems, rituals, etc. are to be eschewed as these elevate human events to the level of godhood. So the only thing they participate in is xmas, the birthday of baby jeebus.

All this fuss over the one or two students that will opt out. Big whoop.

Kn.

Pretty sure JWs only celebrate the day of his death or resurrection,Easter-ish, however weird that is.

They don't salute any flags, or anthems, rather are one global brothership.

I was interested in swooning a chick, who turned out to be a JW, so I researched the subject a couple weeks ago

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 10, 2012, 6:49 a.m.

War is weak sauce. Soldiers dying is weak sauce. I wish it never happened. But it did, and not acknowledging it and recognizing the sacrifice is the weakest sauce of all.

www.northshorebillet.com

Nov. 10, 2012, 8:01 a.m.

War is weak sauce. Soldiers dying is weak sauce. I wish it never happened. But it did, and not acknowledging it and recognizing the sacrifice is the weakest sauce of all.

We've got a firefighter so dense that he won't even get his uniform on for the 1 day a year to march in the town parade/show respect to our vets.

I'm glad they fought for us. I'm even happier that we get a day off because of it. I'm going quading!

Nov. 10, 2012, 8:30 a.m.

I can support our troops doesn't mean I can't think the guys in charge are idiots, and there is a bit of a difference between WWII and harper sucking bush cock when he sent troops into the middle east

We got 1 vet left from WWII at 90 something he still rides his trike around town for coffee, mail, groceries but the short term memory is not so good

Nov. 10, 2012, 8:36 a.m.

Pretty sure JWs only celebrate the day of his death or resurrection,Easter-ish, however weird that is.

They don't salute any flags, or anthems, rather are one global brothership.

I was interested in swooning a chick, who turned out to be a JW, so I researched the subject a couple weeks ago

Yeah, probably right. I was just tapping my memory from like 30 years ago. When I was a teenager we had a neighbour family that was JayDub. Learned a bit from one of their kids close to my age. But he had some other serious issues, I was glad to move away.

Kn.

Nov. 10, 2012, 9:01 a.m.

According to CBC those planning to attend a Remembrance Day service is up by 50% from 15% in 2008 to 30% this year.

Nov. 10, 2012, 12:17 p.m.

According to anyone with basic math skills, the CBC should stick to reporting news, not failing at algebra.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Nov. 10, 2012, 12:32 p.m.

According to CBC those planning to attend a Remembrance Day service is up by 50% from 15% in 2008 to 30% this year.

Facepsalm

Pastor of Muppets