Pride parade

Aug. 2, 2011, 9:01 a.m.

actualy there has been a pride parade in PeeG for at least 10yrs and I believe they hold the parade on … QUEEN street, back in the day I heard the guy interviewed on CBC who started gay pride in PeeG and the very reason he started it was because of the way things were which he thot needed to change

Peeg has a university,a med school, a college and at least one of most of the stuff you find in the big city so the town has come a ways since there were "No Caulk boots on the dance floor" signs at the Simon Fraser hotel

Aug. 2, 2011, 9:03 a.m.

Having a gay pride parade (which is ostensibly about pride in one's sexual orientation) without flaunting sexuality would be like: having a military parade without uniforms and guns; or a fireman's parade without any fire trucks or big yellow/red firemans' hats; or a Christmas parade without elves, candy canes, Christmas lights, or Santa Claus.

People who go watch the parade and then complain about it are imbeciles. What the hell did you think you were going to see?

Aug. 2, 2011, 9:05 a.m.

There actually was a well attended pride parade in pg a few weeks ago.

Nice stereotype though!

So that drag queen was you then.

And Hypa, I spent 10 years in Langley and lots of my life in pg and I can say people are more tolerant of gays up here than down in Langley.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Aug. 2, 2011, 9:25 a.m.

I still haven't made it down for a parade but it looks like fun. For those that can't understand the nudity you are missing the message. "It's just sex, get over it." The puritan box that has North Americans nervous around bare tits is the same box that has kept them in the closet.

Aug. 2, 2011, 9:26 a.m.

So that drag queen was you then..

…Right behind you in your sparkly underpants!

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 2, 2011, 10:23 a.m.

There actually was a well attended pride parade in pg a few weeks ago.

Nice stereotype though!

Well slap a dress on me, and call me Susan.
My ignorance was showing.

:D

Aug. 2, 2011, 10:25 a.m.

Is there really a lot of people who take their kids to the pride parade?

I was in the midst of the crowd along Robson, and yah, there was no shortage of families with young kids. Some people actually believe that by bringing their kids to this kind of event that the kids will learn not to be afraid of people's differences and will then be more tolerant of others.

Freaky, huh?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Aug. 2, 2011, 10:45 a.m.

And Hypa, I spent 10 years in Langley and lots of my life in pg and I can say people are more tolerant of gays up here than down in Langley.

lol Langley

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 2, 2011, 10:48 a.m.

large gay population in Anchorage Alaska of all places …large army base

Aug. 2, 2011, 12:41 p.m.

what does nudity have to do with gay pride?

Valid question

I still haven't made it down for a parade but it looks like fun. For those that can't understand the nudity you are missing the message. "It's just sex, get over it." The puritan box that has North Americans nervous around bare tits is the same box that has kept them in the closet.

Good answer.

I wondered the same thing as devorider and didn't even consider the explanation offered by chupacabra.

I'm not ofended by nudity - I just didn't understand why nudity would be more associated with a gay [HTML_REMOVED] lesbian parade then with a straight parade? I vote for more bare breats in other parades. Let's keep it equal oppportunity!

Aug. 2, 2011, 12:51 p.m.

The flamboyancy is just people going overboard after being oppressed for a long time. It's not necesary, but understandable.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 2, 2011, 1:42 p.m.

My wife thinks I'm gay.

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 2, 2011, 2:15 p.m.

My wife thinks I'm gay.

So, what does your life partner think of that?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Aug. 2, 2011, 2:36 p.m.

I'm not ofended by nudity - I just didn't understand why nudity would be more associated with a gay [HTML_REMOVED] lesbian parade then with a straight parade? I vote for more bare breasts in other parades. Let's keep it equal oppportunity!

:)

Aug. 2, 2011, 5:45 p.m.

My wife thinks I'm gay.

your marriage needs moar mistress