Oil spill in English Bay

April 11, 2015, 9:50 p.m.

It was the boats maiden voyage and I heard it was a shitty weld. First time They had used that tank

Or so the rumour mill goes

I heard that also… but the ship was made in Japan not China.

My first thought was, brand new ship, crew is not familiar with the vessel, switches to wrong tank or pulls wrong lever??

Some container ships have as little as 6 crew, they rarely anchor in English Bay. I would say most ships have 12-15 crew, some Indian ships have 30+

April 16, 2015, 8:43 p.m.

http://www.ndp.ca/bc-coast-guard

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

April 16, 2015, 9:04 p.m.

http://www.ndp.ca/bc-coast-guard

You know that's just an e-Enemies List for the Conservative Government, right? You go on the list, next thing you know, a Star Chamber chaired by Mike Duffy (picture below)

pulls your name up and you are targeted for liquidation by a CSIS death squad. (BTW, I'm semi-serious).

April 16, 2015, 9:09 p.m.

No, c'mon man. You'll just get a robo call mis-directing you next election.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

April 16, 2015, 9:11 p.m.

where is Go-T's input on this?

April 16, 2015, 9:18 p.m.

Go-T. is laying low because the shitty leaky grain ship was built in Japan, which is near China, where he used to live.

April 16, 2015, 10:13 p.m.

WTF xxx?

What do you think his input would be on this?

Did Alberta build a leaky ship?

Does Go-t have anything to do with grain exports?

ffs, Its an unfortunate accident….and until you or some wingbat comes up with a pixiedust powered grain hauler, lets clean up and move on.

…..You're better/smarter than this.

Pastor of Muppets

April 17, 2015, 8:52 a.m.

Buddies input is noticably absent from an oilspill thread where there was POOR RESPONSE cleaning up a couple ton of CRUDE in a major seaport

Alberta wants to run ships in wild places and they claim they can do it safe while it appears they can't even do this in a major urban seaport so this is … poor optics

Go-T would benift as would Alberta and anybody with a vested interest ;) (at least until the next bust cycle) OILSPILL is what I am getting at and you are smarter than that

Sure oil spills will happen but they will also be bungeled without proper response because the coast guard station was closed by the cons who also want to ram oil shipping down our throats ?

Maybe the cons will spend some $$$ to put a positive spin on this whole debacle and tell us how many jobs were created cleaning ducks and the writing of copy by an add firm owned by a Con supporter ?

April 17, 2015, 9:40 a.m.

ffs, Its an unfortunate accident….and until you or some wingbat comes up with a pixiedust powered grain hauler, lets clean up and move on.

This… although Im wondering how accidental it actually was..

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 17, 2015, 7:52 p.m.

It's not so much that it happened it's that the clean up response was so pathetic. Two days after the fact the only people doing anything were a bunch of hippies.

And we're supposed to trust them to haul oil??

www.natooke.com

April 17, 2015, 8 p.m.

Buddies input is noticably absent from an oilspill thread where there was POOR RESPONSE cleaning up a couple ton of CRUDE in a major seaport

Alberta wants to run ships in wild places and they claim they can do it safe while it appears they can't even do this in a major urban seaport so this is … poor optics

Go-T would benift as would Alberta and anybody with a vested interest ;) (at least until the next bust cycle) OILSPILL is what I am getting at and you are smarter than that

Sure oil spills will happen but they will also be bungeled without proper response because the coast guard station was closed by the cons who also want to ram oil shipping down our throats ?

Maybe the cons will spend some $$$ to put a positive spin on this whole debacle and tell us how many jobs were created cleaning ducks and the writing of copy by an add firm owned by a Con supporter ?

It was a fuel leak on a brand new ship. Not an oil leak. Now if it were to break up and start leaking grain….OUTRAGE!!!

Pastor of Muppets

April 17, 2015, 8:02 p.m.

It's not so much that it happened it's that the clean up response was so pathetic. Two days after the fact the only people doing anything were a bunch of hippies.

And we're supposed to trust them to haul oil??

Except CleanHarbours responded as soon as it was reported byy a guy on his boat and set up booms around the ship.

Fact: CleanHarbours are hippies.

Pastor of Muppets

April 17, 2015, 8:03 p.m.

Ummm - Go-t. and go-t are Bukake/Fast Orange formerly of Tianjin, China currently relocated to the Calgary area.

http://bb.nsmb.com/member.php?u=21434

http://bb.nsmb.com/member.php?u=37526

I think he hates Alberta more than he hates China but won't admit it to himself.

Edit: Go-T is still in China.

April 17, 2015, 8:22 p.m.

Except CleanHarbours responded as soon as it was reported byy a guy on his boat and set up booms around the ship.

Fact: CleanHarbours are hippies.

It took more than ten hours to get those booms around the ship, more than a day to start skimming and they're just now getting to the shoreline. In this day and age that is fucking pathetic.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/toxic-fuel-spill-in-english-bay-is-wake-up-call-for-port-says-marine-expert-1.3027241

www.natooke.com

April 17, 2015, 8:23 p.m.

I think he hates Alberta more than he hates China but won't admit it to himself.

I fucking love China what are you talking about?

Alberta I'm relatively indifferent.

www.natooke.com