Gunman (men?) in Parliment hill

Oct. 22, 2014, 11:45 a.m.

Enduramil, I sincerely hope your wife is safe. But I believe that the 'lets kick more ass in the middle east' reaction that we're likely to see from Harper will only increase the risk she faces along with all other Canadians.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Oct. 22, 2014, 11:46 a.m.

This has the potential to get far worse. While it is easy to say look the targets are in uniform. The reality is there are family members that can be targeted. And don't forget that a lot of civilians work for the DND in various capacities. No one knows what is next

Indeed.

Renounce the Charter, ban the Internet, implement martial law etc.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Oct. 22, 2014, 11:49 a.m.

Enduramil, I sincerely hope your wife is safe. But I believe that the 'lets kick more ass in the middle east' reaction that we're likely to see from Harper will only increase the risk she faces along with all other Canadians.

Unfortunately as proven by our history. When it comes to domestic terrorist incidents in Canada it doesn't matter whether we go overseas or not. Hell…we didn't fight against Cuba yet Canadians bombed the Cuban embassy back in the 60's.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 22, 2014, 11:51 a.m.

Mind if I do the same thing to a bible?

I have one I use as a coaster. During the post night ride Rum and Cokes with God he mentioned I shouldn't use the white one as it shows beer stains to well.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Oct. 22, 2014, 12:13 p.m.

I have one I use as a coaster. During the post night ride Rum and Cokes with God he mentioned I shouldn't use the white one as it shows beer stains to well.

So we shouldn't respect the peaceful ones,just lump em all together,eh?

We're starting to sound a lot like the enemy.

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 22, 2014, 12:14 p.m.

….so why insult normal muslims?

Even so called"normal muslims" in a lot of places in the middle east would/will kill people for such an act. Remember they stone women to death at the drop of hat.
As a Canadian I have the right to exercise my freedom of speech.
Extremist Islamics are a pariah on this planet right now.

Oct. 22, 2014, 12:16 p.m.

Yeah. Pretty much this.
I wonder what the knee-jerk reaction to this will be. All veiled behind a national security banner of course

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 22, 2014, 12:22 p.m.

Even so called"normal muslims" would/will kill people for such an act. Remember they stone women to death at the drop of hat.
As a Canadian I have the right to do so.
Islam is a pariah on this planet right now.

So you're one of the ones supporting killing them in order to give them western freedom?

Awesome.

Btw…we don't even know who did this yet. reports I've read described a short man in jeans with long hair as being the shooter. Sounds more like a Marilyn Manson fan to me.

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 22, 2014, 12:26 p.m.

Btw…we don't even know who did this yet. reports I've read described a short man in jeans with long hair as being the shooter. Sounds more like a Marilyn Manson fan to me.

More then one involved here. One shooter kills soldier standing sentry and shortly after or concurrently individuals attack Parliament Hill. Nope this is way to organized to be a random series of events.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Oct. 22, 2014, 12:42 p.m.

More then one involved here. One shooter kills soldier standing sentry and shortly after or concurrently individuals attack Parliament Hill. Nope this is way to organized to be a random series of events.

or maybe it is. I'm ignorant, not being on the scene and all, but from what I've read the memorial shooter ran away, commandeered a vehicle and drove it to centre block….doesn't seem that organized, from my armchair

Oct. 22, 2014, 12:46 p.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ottawa-shooting-kevin-vickers-hailed-as-hero-who-took-down-attacker-1.2809146

Let us acknowledge the Sergeant at Arms who in the moment it was needed did his job well.

The gunman entered the house with a shotgun, fired at one of the security officers, striking him in the leg. The other security officers returned fire. The gunman moved into the hall of honour, taking cover in an alcove. Mr. Vickars exited his office, saw the gunman, and through a series of shots, sent him to Allah.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Oct. 22, 2014, 12:48 p.m.

or maybe it is. I'm ignorant, not being on the scene and all, but from what I've read the memorial shooter ran away, commandeered a vehicle and drove it to centre block….doesn't seem that organized, from my armchair

Maybe. But still to organized to be random.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Oct. 22, 2014, 12:54 p.m.

"sent him to allah"?

that your addition? there's been zero indication about the nationality, background, or motive(s) of the shooter(s).

Oct. 22, 2014, 1:04 p.m.

"sent him to allah"?

that your addition? there's been zero indication about the nationality, background, or motive(s) of the shooter(s).

I don't give a shit what you think even less today.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Oct. 22, 2014, 1:07 p.m.

We're starting to sound a lot like the enemy.

Quoted for truth.

Remember there are people just like you and I on this board,who also happen to be Muslim.

Give the hate a rest.

Pastor of Muppets