Gunman (men?) in Parliment hill

Oct. 22, 2014, 10:41 a.m.

I am done with being politically correct.

Mind if I do the same thing to a bible? How about the charter of rights and freedoms?

The west has picked on Islam for long enough….are we surprised they're biting back?

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 22, 2014, 10:44 a.m.

To answer Tacklebox's question….

Some military facilities are secure…Camp Wainwright for example. To get on base one had to check in at the gate and provide ID. That was the only way in or out. At least back in 94. Can't recall if Chilliwack was the same CFB Kingston is a much more open base. That was a bit of a shocker in 2007.

A lot of defence bases in Australia were fairly lax on security as well. Generally using private security companies for patrolling and gate security.

I can't find anywhere that is actually saying the reservist passed away, they redacted the statement on the news pretty quickly, apparently was a mix up on social media reports.

Oct. 22, 2014, 10:56 a.m.

Mind if I do the same thing to a bible? How about the charter of rights and freedoms?

The west has picked on Islam for long enough….are we surprised they're biting back?

Picked on ? Really ?
they use their religion as an excuse to behave poorly.

Go right ahead we have freedom of speech in this country and bible is nothing more than a pile of papers.
In an islamic country I would be tortured and beheaded for posted a pic like this.
That is not civilized behaviour.
Islamic extremists have been using religion an excuse to commit horrible atrocities for a long time.
Isis has executed thousands of muslims even at this point.

Oct. 22, 2014, 10:57 a.m.

oh great, justification for invading our privacy and increasing militarism. Terrists!

That was my second thought after hoping certain people had been taken out so to speak.

As you say 346 million to send the F-18's to bomb who the fuck knows seems like money well spent right now.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Oct. 22, 2014, 11:01 a.m.

I can't find anywhere that is actually saying the reservist passed away, they redacted the statement on the news pretty quickly, apparently was a mix up on social media reports.

There were lost of news tweets saying that caucus members were told the reservist had passed. "MP John Williamson tweeted that the Conservative caucus has been told "one CAF soldier was killed," adding "a moment of silence followed."
But no official confirmation.
There's a RCMP press conference expected in a few minutes (at 2pm) so I assume the latest official news will be shared at that point.

:canada: :czech:

Oct. 22, 2014, 11:01 a.m.

I don't think this has anything to do with islam. My gut feeling is these guys especially the guy who did the attack near RMC St Jean wanted to do something anyways. In this case Islam gave them their justification and something to join. Probably the same kind of people who years ago before the internet would join things like Cults and such. And live in compounds.

And keep in mind the St Jean killer was out do something no matter what. He was ready to go there and make his mark. Until his family tried to prevent him from going and his pass port was seized.

In the end these people would be as the Soviets would call them….Useful Idiots.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 22, 2014, 11:03 a.m.

oh great, justification for invading our privacy and increasing militarism. Terrists!

I thought this as well. Obviously it's a sad situation, but it doesn't affect most Canadians directly.

The resulting political reaction is much more likely to affect Canadians in general.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Oct. 22, 2014, 11:03 a.m.

There were lost of news tweets saying that caucus members were told the reservist had passed. "MP John Williamson tweeted that the Conservative caucus has been told "one CAF soldier was killed," adding "a moment of silence followed."
But no official confirmation.
There's a RCMP press conference expected in a few minutes (at 2pm) so I assume the latest official news will be shared at that point.

Ottawa police have confirmed that the Argyle and Sutherland Highlander has died.

And the order has been given that unless on duty uniforms are not to be worn in public places.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Oct. 22, 2014, 11:16 a.m.

This has the potential to get far worse. While it is easy to say look the targets are in uniform. The reality is there are family members that can be targeted. And don't forget that a lot of civilians work for the DND in various capacities. No one knows what is next

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Oct. 22, 2014, 11:17 a.m.

To answer Tacklebox's question….

Some military facilities are secure…Camp Wainwright for example. To get on base one had to check in at the gate and provide ID. That was the only way in or out. At least back in 94. Can't recall if Chilliwack was the same CFB Kingston is a much more open base. That was a bit of a shocker in 2007.

CFB Borden was closed and secure for many years. Had to stop at the gate and show ID to get on base.

I can't recall when it changed, but eventually they removed the mandatory stop at the gates. Maybe early 2000's.

Oct. 22, 2014, 11:21 a.m.

CFB Borden was closed and secure for many years. Had to stop at the gate and show ID to get on base.

I can't recall when it changed, but eventually they removed the mandatory stop at the gates. Maybe early 2000's.

hmm..seems to be a pattern. I say that as Borden and Kingston seem to be predominatly where a bunch of trade training occurs. SO I would guess that they thought they needed less security then say Wainwright where lots of things like live fire and such training was happening.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Oct. 22, 2014, 11:23 a.m.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Oct. 22, 2014, 11:32 a.m.

Hi what is the pin from?

Oct. 22, 2014, 11:34 a.m.

Picked on ? Really ?
they use their religion as an excuse to behave poorly.

Go right ahead we have freedom of speech in this country and bible is nothing more than a pile of papers.
In an islamic country I would be tortured and beheaded for posted a pic like this.
That is not civilized behaviour.
Islamic extremists have been using religion an excuse to commit horrible atrocities for a long time.
Isis has executed thousands of muslims even at this point.

….so why insult normal muslims?

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 22, 2014, 11:40 a.m.

Hi what is the pin from?

That was from a few years ago. Got a few of them and if I recall correctly from Veterans Affairs.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk