Coyotes.

March 20, 2013, 8:11 p.m.

^^^ I was just about to post a similar response. :D

In 2010 there were 1,830,542 gun owners in Canada. Lets say most of those people use their firearms for hunting. Remove hunting and you still have about 1,830,542 people that want to eat meat.

Raising that extra 1,830,542 cattle is going to put one heck of the dent in the existing wildlife habitat and have severe negative effects on the environment.

How is this possibly a better situation than regulated hunting?

IT JUST IS,OK?!?!?

JUST BECAUSE YOU GET OFF ON KILLING THINGS DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT!!!

THERE'S PLENTY OF MEAT IN SAFEWAY FOR EVERYONE AND NO ANIMALS OR ECOSYSTEMS ARE HARMED THIS WAY!

:grinno:

Pastor of Muppets

March 20, 2013, 8:34 p.m.

Pity all you like. I know people who are soooo in touch with the land like yourself. They burn a load more fuel than the average city dweller, have a much larger environmental impact from running electric, water and sewer Infrastructure to rural areas.

Rural areas typically don't have water or sewer services. We're on a well for water and have a septic field. That is certainly lower impact than the large treatment plants that your city services require.

How about all the tradespeople that regularly drive to and from the average city building? The monthly emergency generator run? The high-voltage service that requires the generator to run most of the day or night? All the electricity that is consumed to keep the building lights on 24/7?

None of these are things are done at a rural home.

How is rural living less green?

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

March 20, 2013, 9:02 p.m.

Pity all you like. I know people who are soooo in touch with the land like yourself. They burn a load more fuel than the average city dweller, have a much larger environmental impact from running electric, water and sewer Infrastructure to rural areas. Yet they have real cosy feeling inside when they're drinking they're own piss in the woods pretending to be fucking Bear Grylls.

I don't eat fish. Full of PCB's and mercury don't you know… Also morally indefensible in this day and age. Two minutes with a marine biologist will teach you that.

That said I'm full of admiration for your vegetable growing. I wish I had the discipline. Still, I like supporting the local farmers via shops that support them as oppose to the shit in Save On.

I walked right past this one…

We fill our truck with fuel once a month (the family vehicle) not including day/road trips.

I have a well and septic field, no services as you suggest.

I have a pellet stove that burns pellets made from sawmill waste products…extra green!!

I have 6 rain barrels for the garden …not exactly drinking my own piss ,but whatever.

That all being said, having admiration for my garden and then claiming to "not have the discipline" to grow something yourself totally negates any thread of an argument that you present on how I live and eat.

Don't you dare judge people like me and Nechako when you are a larger part of the all talk/no action problem yourself.

Pastor of Muppets

March 20, 2013, 9:09 p.m.

How many years does it take to fill a barrel with rainwater up in PG?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 20, 2013, 9:14 p.m.

How many years does it take to fill a barrel with rainwater up in PG?

lol….you fill it with the hose, silly!

I actually have a big roof, they were always near full last summer

Pastor of Muppets

March 20, 2013, 9:24 p.m.

^^^ I was just about to post a similar response. :D

In 2010 there were 1,830,542 gun owners in Canada. Lets say most of those people use their firearms for hunting. Remove hunting and you still have about 1,830,542 people that want to eat meat.

Raising that extra 1,830,542 cattle is going to put one heck of the dent in the existing wildlife habitat and have severe negative effects on the environment.

How is this possibly a better situation than regulated hunting?

Because grocery store meat grows in the back room.

Electricity comes from the light switch.

The timbers in your house magically appear in lumberyards.

Nails / screws grow in bins and boxes.

The sad thing is, most people who live in cities have no fucking clue how dependent they are on those of us who don't it isn't even funny. Yet we are chastised for producing everything that they use.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

March 20, 2013, 9:27 p.m.

I remember I was in grade 1 or 2 and my teacher told me kids in the big city didn't know that milk came from cows, they thought it came out of a tetra pack.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

March 20, 2013, 9:29 p.m.

The sad thing is, most people who live in cities have no fucking clue how dependent they are on those of us who don't it isn't even funny. Yet we are chastised for producing everything that they use.

You're really lecturing on the deep inner workings of the world? Really?

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

March 20, 2013, 9:35 p.m.

You're really lecturing on the deep inner workings of the world? Really?

Some times folks need to be reminded that people who choose to live rurally aren't the rubes you watch on youtube

Pastor of Muppets

March 20, 2013, 9:40 p.m.

And on that note, I'm watching Duck Dynasty.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

March 20, 2013, 9:46 p.m.

yer killing me here……:mullet:

Pastor of Muppets

March 20, 2013, 9:47 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fkjZSb0J_E

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

March 20, 2013, 10:03 p.m.

We've got a surveyor at work who has gone vegan on us. I'll have to forward that onto him (and maybe cc a few select people to ensure that he gets plenty of shit for it)

March 20, 2013, 10:35 p.m.

You make my toilets and faucets and computers and LCD panels and couches and cars and forks and fridges and clothes and toothpaste?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 20, 2013, 10:39 p.m.

Some times folks need to be reminded that people who choose to live rurally aren't the rubes you watch on youtube

That's because we watch too much American TV and see real rubes.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells