bitcoin

May 11, 2021, 9:16 a.m.

Posted by: heckler

Well, Musk isn't the patsy, he can afford to lose some of it.

Brilliant marketing too.

And the rich get richer. Can you imagine having the power to watch any investment you make skyrocket just by telling the world that you made the investment.

Last edited by: chupacabra on May 11, 2021, 9:16 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 11, 2021, 9:38 a.m.

Can you imagine being impressionable enough to make an investment on the basis of one guy's joke tweet, or to dump the same investment based on a SNL skit?

May 11, 2021, 9:39 a.m.

And by 'impressionable', I'm trying to be diplomatic because I really want to say 'idiotic'.

May 11, 2021, 9:42 a.m.

^^  LOL.  I was picking up what you were putting down.  I do hope FO makes out like a bandit though.

May 11, 2021, 10:27 a.m.

Posted by: KenN

And by 'impressionable', I'm trying to be diplomatic because I really want to say 'idiotic'.

Being an idiot sure seems to be the easiest way to make money in 2021.

Seeing as I've done so well so far I sold my two ethereum.

Purchase price: 3500

Sale price: just shy of 10k

I have to work for more than 200 hours to make that much money. This truly is some fucking bullshit

Still holding my HOKK. At this point it's worth 15x my initial investment. If it moons like all the other japanese dog themed coins have. I'll stick a bunch of the profits back into ethereum and keep throwing small amounts at shitcoins until this idiocy becomes illegal.

They guy who told my buddy about HOKK when it was less tha  a day old called out CNS next during a video chat from his private jet. CNS is just under 3 days old. No price change yet. He was a regular joe less than a year ago. And no he isn't charging us any money for these callouts.

Last edited by: Fast-Orange on May 11, 2021, 10:30 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 11, 2021, 11:24 a.m.

well so far you havent lost money like you did gambling

altho I would say this is also gambling but way better odds

And if you lose it all was still a loser

so periodicaly take your profit and be happy

May 11, 2021, 2:22 p.m.

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss...

... Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

May 11, 2021, 3:42 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

You'll be a bonehead!

May 11, 2021, 4:02 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Posted by: chupacabra

You'll be a bonehead!

Tell that to Kipling!

May 11, 2021, 4:28 p.m.

I have to work for more than 200 hours to make that much money. This truly is some fucking bullshit

Still holding my HOKK. At this point it's worth 15x my initial investment. If it moons like all the other japanese dog themed coins have. I'll stick a bunch of the profits back into ethereum and keep throwing small amounts at shitcoins until this idiocy becomes illegal.

They guy who told my buddy about HOKK when it was less tha  a day old called out CNS next during a video chat from his private jet. CNS is just under 3 days old. No price change yet. He was a regular joe less than a year ago. And no he isn't charging us any money for these callouts.

I wasn't actually calling you out. More directed at those who use twitter as an investment advisor.

May 11, 2021, 5:59 p.m.

I wasn't actually calling you out. More directed at those who use twitter as an investment advisor.

The thing I'm beginning to realize is tk do well in shitcoins it's the tweets that should be paid attention to.  Right now people seem to be really into Japanese dog themed coins and I have yet to see one truly crash yet. 

I think it's called the greater fool theory.

May 11, 2021, 9:52 p.m.

Death and taxes, eh?  

Don't forget about taxes.   Or can shitcoins be bought in a TFSA?

May 11, 2021, 10:02 p.m.

Congrats!   I do love your attitude to it all.    

My 17 shares of VTI went up to $3650.  But I still own the stock and am not paying capital gain taxes.

May 12, 2021, 5:49 a.m.

Posted by: heckler

Death and taxes, eh?  

Don't forget about taxes.   Or can shitcoins be bought in a TFSA?

Yup capital gains. I am keeping track of that. Have a separate account for that. 

And of course ethereum keeps pumping after I sell it lol. Should have been dumber.  

Shitcoins can only be bought with ethereum or other established coins. I've asked a couple of accountants if trading between coins via wallets have taxable gains and they said yes. Then I asked if there's any way for the government to track my trades between coins and they said ummm probably not if it's across wallets just make sure you pay taxes when converting anything in the exchanges.

May 12, 2021, 1:18 p.m.

Update: 

A whale sold 5000 ethereum coins of HOKK all at once aboutn 4 hours ago. Same wallet dumped similar amounts of Shiba and other shitcoins. Basically all the dog themed coins crashed except for doge. 

Because of the transaction rewards my HOKK bag increased by 3 billion coins. 

Then there was a flood of buy orders as people rushed in to eat the dip. It's already rebounded 85% 

I'm kicking myself for not buying the dip while watching transactions on etherscan of people selling over a dozen ethereum coins worth of HOKK as it gains back value at a 70% loss... this is a crazy ride!