Welcome!

Jan. 2, 2006, 5:03 p.m.

2. get your rocks off

but what about this guy?

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

Jan. 8, 2006, 6:12 p.m.

Okay, and now for something like perhaps this forum was intended???
Many (most?) women have smaller hands than the average brake lever was designed for.
What happens for me, is if I want to have one or two fingers on my levers as I'm riding, it leaves me with a pretty far reach and limited grip on the bars.
I took my bike in for tuning today and enquired if they knew of any levers that had a smaller range of extension or could be dialed in tighter to the bars? Aparently not. Skinnier grips he suggested.
What do you think? (You need not have two "X" chromosomes to reply!)
Suggestioins?

(Many thanks Sharon for creating this forum!)

Jan. 8, 2006, 6:16 p.m.

My wife's bike has special short-reach levers designed for her Hayes. Unfortunately I have no idea what the brand is as they came on the brakes (we bought the bike from another girl) so I can't tell you where and how much. But I do know they're out there…

Also, Avid Juicys can be dialed in for ridiculously short reach out of the box, so if you're getting new brakes any time soon definitely consider Avid.

-m

Jan. 8, 2006, 9:40 p.m.

If you are running mechanical brakes try the Avid Speed Dial 7. They have adjustable reach

GPABoosters: SFU/UBC course review database
:ukraine:

Youtube clips are about as useful to me as a miniskirt in Iran.

Jan. 9, 2006, 12:14 p.m.

I ride the Dangerboy flatblades for Hayes. I have the smallest hands ever (childrens medium gloves) so most brake levers are way too far out for me. The flat blades give me closer reach then stock levers.

http://www.bicyclecafe.com/kamloops

Jan. 23, 2007, 11:18 p.m.

Danger boy makes a "shorty" http://www.dangerboyusa.com/pages/dbproduct/lever.htm for small hands.

Feb. 19, 2007, 9:06 a.m.

I've been lurking and posting occasionally on here for a while now and I have to say I love having use of a 'Ladies Forum'.

I'm in a minority in the UK and whilst it was quite nice at first I really wish I had more female riders to spend time with, chatting and learning from without feeling intimidated by the guys.

Don't get me wrong, I can give as good as I get and most guys I meet think it's great to see a girl riding and are really encouraging but even that can be rather patronising!

Anyways, some of you may have seen me posting here and there, and on muddbunnies so just wanted to say Hey!! :grinno:

100% Pure Filth :fu:

Oct. 18, 2007, 10:16 p.m.

Hey, I think the idea of having a ladies forum is way rad. We need a place to let our hair down after a long ride! I'm new to the site, so I will def be checking out this forum periodically!

Oct. 18, 2007, 10:20 p.m.

Oh, and here's a question. I am in Spokane, and it is getting cold/wet here. I really want to keep riding my bike to work and I'm a new cyclist. What kind of stuff do I need to get to make my ride comfortable and DRY? And what kind of conditions are not considered safe to be commuting in? Rain always seems scary to me, but sometimes I see cyclists riding in it.

Oct. 19, 2007, 11:52 a.m.

try the search function, and then keep asking questions in any appropriate thread.

I did a search for "rain" and came up with these three.

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=100161[HTML_REMOVED]highlight=riding+rain

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=101464[HTML_REMOVED]highlight=riding+rain

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=101463[HTML_REMOVED]highlight=riding+rain

Nov. 15, 2007, 10:53 a.m.

Hey Girls,
Looking for something to do this winter?
check out www. Abbotsfordbmx.ca
or www.pipelinebikepark.com
With short days and cold and wet, Indoor bike racing or just practicing rocks!
First 4X race put on by pipeline at Abbotsford indoor report.
48 racers showed up
3 pro women, with Micayla Gatto just powering the course.
Rosemary Adams and Micayla had some close racing ,RA has put in most likely 10 years of racing BMX,which shows in her intense racing style.
Lady Gravity Judy's getting faster ,all the women after every moto,could be seen smiling ,laughing ,good times.
The indoor is really a great place to go and socalize,guys/gals,and lots of kids. Bring a friend, have a coffee ,laugh it up in the stands.
When you look at the logistics ,costs,and then realize that not one person is paid ,all and any money goes right back into cycling wow.
Pipeline's 4X series same thing, no wonder why BC rocks year round.
g
Now those girls need company out there, your track awaits.

FVMBA Website

March 6, 2008, 9:35 p.m.

Rad. I think it's a great idea for a women's only forum. :)

:lemon: If life throws you a lemon - make lemonade.

Aug. 2, 2010, 8:22 a.m.

Welcome Sharon!

www.bicyclecafe.com/kamloops
250-828- BIKE (2453)

Jan. 4, 2013, 5:12 p.m.

So, in the realm of the English language a 'girl' might be a female between 3 and 13 years old? An adolescent perhaps between 13 and 17 years old? Can we drop the term 'girl' for adult women? Do we call a 25 year old man a 'boy'? And just in case anyone reading thinks 'What a crazy feminist!' Sure, I'm a feminist: I believe in equal pay for equal work, equal opportunity rights in employment and within the laws of Canada, seems a very reasonable stand.

Fortunately, I am in a profession that is mostly fair towards women (medicine). Just don't call me a girl.

Jan. 4, 2013, 5:47 p.m.

I don't know, I'm in my forties and I think we get refered to as the" boys" all the time. Doesn't bother us in the least. You have some thin skin me thinks.:crybaby: