Carbon Evil

April 7, 2011, 6:41 a.m.

It's on magenta bike.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Exclusive-Evil-Undead-First-Look-2011.html

I think my favourite part is the fork bumpers.

Check my stuff for sale!

April 7, 2011, 7:23 a.m.

Looks nice

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 7, 2011, 7:36 a.m.

could you imagine how happy the people with warrantied frames must be to find out they get that as a replacement!! I would be so stoked, it looks sexy

April 7, 2011, 8:31 a.m.

looks good. hope it works out for them.

got to be a big punch in evil's change purse to replace all the cracked bits [HTML_REMOVED] pieces w/ complete carbon framesets. good on them though; be curious to hear of the follow through.

looking forward to seeing the shorter travel carbon iterations.

April 7, 2011, 8:43 a.m.

could you imagine how happy the people with warrantied frames must be to find out they get that as a replacement!! I would be so stoked, it looks sexy

Yep, when those show up next November, Im sure theyll be super stoked after two years off the bike…:lol:

April 7, 2011, 9:02 a.m.

Wait - they redesigned the Delta linkage - the best suspension sytem on the market bar none. (tm D Weagle Esq) and there hasn`t been a huge fanfare?

Does this address the bucking issues?

April 7, 2011, 9:11 a.m.

The last 18 months must have been pure hell for the guys behind the scene at Evil.

Looks good in carbon.

April 7, 2011, 9:16 a.m.

Yep, when those show up next November, Im sure theyll be super stoked after two years off the bike…:lol:

Well better to have a frame show up late (that wil be an easy sell if you don`t want it) than not at all.

I bet Rainguage is a happy man with this news.

April 7, 2011, 9:18 a.m.

not saying I would like to be in the position of not riding for two years just so I could get a new carbon frame, but when your already in a crappy situation and not expecting your problem to be sorted out anytime soon it would be pretty sweet to find out your finally getting taken care of.

April 7, 2011, 9:21 a.m.

You're right.

I would be happy to turn a pile of useless aluminum lying in my garage into a new carbon frame.

I'd be even happier to sell that new carbon impending warranty claim for $.

April 7, 2011, 9:39 a.m.

this would be my biggest concern. it's one thing having a big(er) co like sc do carbon, but a small upstart like evil w/ (i'm assuming) no in house composite / engineering expertise is putting huge faith that the taiwanese factory knows what they're doing, and has adequate qc in place to ensure what they're building is done right. really no way of telling once they've landed here (apart from sawing open random samples, and having an expert analyse the guts) if they were built properly, or with alternating layers of paper mache.

and: yikes, re: 300+ misaligned revolts sitting in taiwan. evil must have some deep pockets to have survived the last couple years [HTML_REMOVED] be moving forward in this venture.

April 7, 2011, 10:49 a.m.

this would be my biggest concern. it's one thing having a big(er) co like sc do carbon, but a small upstart like evil w/ (i'm assuming) no in house composite / engineering expertise is putting huge faith that the taiwanese factory knows what they're doing, and has adequate qc in place to ensure what they're building is done right. really no way of telling once they've landed here (apart from sawing open random samples, and having an expert analyse the guts) if they were built properly, or with alternating layers of paper mache.

and: yikes, re: 300+ misaligned revolts sitting in taiwan. evil must have some deep pockets to have survived the last couple years [HTML_REMOVED] be moving forward in this venture.

April 7, 2011, 10:50 a.m.

Does this address the bucking issues?

Hmmm, I never had any issues with my Revolt bucking…is that a consistent issue for you with the bike? What kind of setup were you running?

I've been more fortunate than most - my Revolt cracked at the end of last year… only missed one weekend up whistler and I ride a HT in winter, so I didn't miss it much…

Say what you will about the hype/whatever, I know I'm not in Evil friendly territory here, but the thing rides like a dream bike to me and a carbon replacement will go a long way towards making up for a shitty situation.

Time will tell if the qc is up to snuff on the Undeads but with the hell everyone's been through (particularly the customers)I would think Evil would be doing their due diligence in finding a good manufacturer. We'll see…

Hate on…

April 7, 2011, 10:59 a.m.

the prospect of a company that couldn't get an aluminum frame right going straight to carbon as a fix is hilarious. obviously their design ability, quality control processes and ability to pick a decent manufacturer are all suspect - trusting them to get it right on round two when they're basically starting from scratch, oh man that's pretty much the longest shot i can think of. i think the smartest thing those who were burned the first time to do is this:

i can see the pinkbike ad now :lol:

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

April 7, 2011, 11:19 a.m.

[QUOTE=ol' dirty;2505842]Hmmm, I never had any issues with my Revolt bucking…is that a consistent issue for you with the bike? What kind of setup were you running?[/QUOTE]

Only internet joking.