Squamish 2015 Trail Conditions

Oct. 2, 2015, 1:06 p.m.

Have things dried out down around Alice Lake? Thinking of cruising around with the wife tomorrow afternoon, stuff like Four Lakes, Bob McIntosh, Rock n Roll and Cliffs Corners area.

cheers

It was pretty mint yesterday. We rode Man Boobs and Rupert in the area and both were near perfect. One puddle on Rupert.

Oct. 2, 2015, 2:45 p.m.

It's about as good as it gets right now

Oct. 3, 2015, 5:55 p.m.

Seconded. It is primetime in Squamish right now. So good today. I ?? Fall riding.

Oct. 4, 2015, 11:19 p.m.

Too right. Rode crouching, rupert and credit line today. All three were running as good as I've ever seen them. Awesome day!

Oct. 5, 2015, 10 a.m.

Yep, yesterday was pretty much perfect. Crisp in the forest in the morning to full out summer in the sun later on. Leaves changing colours and awesome dirt.

Brought the wife out (who is still a newb) and did Four Lakes/Bob/Rock n Roll/Cliffs Corners/Robs Corners/Tracks from Hell. She had a bit of a breakthrough on cornering - Robs/Cliffs are awesome for learners. She also managed to ride the two bridges on Tracks from Hell without putting a foot down which was a nice confidence booster. I peeled off with a friend to Credit Line on the way back, such a fun trail. Then the wife hands me an IPA as I pedal up to the car so I can take a sip before putting a foot down. Yep, perfect day.

Oct. 6, 2015, 11:11 p.m.

Yep, yesterday was pretty much perfect. Crisp in the forest in the morning to full out summer in the sun later on. Leaves changing colours and awesome dirt.

Brought the wife out (who is still a newb) and did Four Lakes/Bob/Rock n Roll/Cliffs Corners/Robs Corners/Tracks from Hell. She had a bit of a breakthrough on cornering - Robs/Cliffs are awesome for learners. She also managed to ride the two bridges on Tracks from Hell without putting a foot down which was a nice confidence booster. I peeled off with a friend to Credit Line on the way back, such a fun trail. Then the wife hands me an IPA as I pedal up to the car so I can take a sip before putting a foot down. Yep, perfect day.

You married well my man!

Oct. 7, 2015, 11:51 a.m.

You married well my man!

Hah, thanks. It's been a slow go getting her into MTB but she is finally realizing how awesome it is. Squamish has a lot more to offer someone like her than the shore and the shorter drive than going to Whistler helps for day trips.

Oct. 27, 2015, 3:06 p.m.

Was the trail next to the old Expecting to Fly finished and if so what is the name? Was wondering if there was any footage out there to check it out.

Oct. 28, 2015, 8:17 a.m.

You mean throwdown? Seems like it's a work in progress. The first 2 or 3 jumps are done but just dirt after that. Rail the berm hard out of home brew

Oct. 28, 2015, 8:24 a.m.

And don't forget to pedal before ALL of the jumps.

Nov. 9, 2015, 9:32 a.m.

Bought the Squamish trail guide book and saw a trail in the Alice lake area that I wasn't aware of… "Grinch Toes", which starts just west of Value added and eventually connects with icy hole of death. Has anyone ridden this trail? What's it like?

Nov. 9, 2015, 10:18 a.m.

Its amazing, but the gov't people do not like it.

Nov. 11, 2015, 5:45 p.m.

Alice lake was in great shape today, a few puddles but other than that it was prime. Mashiter to credit line, shades to value added, penthouse, IOB, back up shades to Boney elbows and gouranga.

Rock was sticky and the roots weren't even too bad. Tons of people out trying to catch the weather window.

Nov. 18, 2015, 4 p.m.

hoping to take the little guy up to ride half-nelson this weekend - is there snow on the trails yet?

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Nov. 18, 2015, 4:40 p.m.

hoping to take the little guy up to ride half-nelson this weekend - is there snow on the trails yet?

There was snow at Quest the other day and it's getting colder. I haven't been up there, but am heading up tomorrow night.