Squamish 2014 Trail Conditions

April 13, 2014, 11:14 p.m.

Grin is voluntarily closed usually until after May. Others have been riding 19th, a little snow at the top

Snow covered from the parking. A decent trail in the snow to Grin. We pushed on to Powersmart this eve. Nobody has been out there in a while. Snow on the trail for the first 1/3. Cleared a lot of branches/blowdown most of the way down. IMBA and Fred are great right now.

April 14, 2014, 9:15 a.m.

thanks man i am the guy behind hueso…;)

Cheers for that. Fantastic trail.

April 14, 2014, 11:30 a.m.

you're welcome! I have yet to push my Dh bike up there (no all-mountain presently). What other trails would you take higher up on a long travel bike to make the hike worth?

April 14, 2014, 1:14 p.m.

Alice - Edith lake trail zone is not really worth it on a downhill bike.
Better to head to ring creek and shuttle the few downhill trails in that area.

You could hit Larvacide. But Larvacide is also better on a trail/am/enduro/Xc bike.

Just my two cents.

April 14, 2014, 2:10 p.m.

Where is this trail located?

April 14, 2014, 2:36 p.m.

Where is this trail located?

Between Highway to Hell and 2-Stroke Smoke on the map. There's a sign at the trailhead.

April 14, 2014, 3:45 p.m.

Between Highway to Hell and 2-Stroke Smoke on the map. There's a sign at the trailhead.

Cheers!

April 14, 2014, 7:13 p.m.

Rode Sunday in Squamish and everything I rode was great! Great conditions!
Put a good loop together to get the legs moving and the skills warmed up for the second ride of the season:
Wonderland [HTML_REMOVED] White Rabbit [HTML_REMOVED] Four Lakes - Alice-Edith [HTML_REMOVED] Mike's [HTML_REMOVED] Shades [HTML_REMOVED] Mike's [HTML_REMOVED] Credit Line [HTML_REMOVED] Jack's [HTML_REMOVED] Brackentrail [HTML_REMOVED] end of Crouching Squirrel

It's been a few years since I've been on Wonderland. There has been some nice upkeep to it! A good balance between bermy-flowy and easy tech. Even in the slightly uphill direction that I rode it in.
It was the first time on the Four Lakes trail. A grunty climb. At least at this point in the season for my legs.
It also has been a while since I've ridden Credit LIne. There's been some great work/improvements. That makes me even happier that I've been buying the Trail Pass for the last few years!

All in all Squamish is an amazing place to ride!

April 14, 2014, 7:41 p.m.

rode it a couple weeks ago, almost made me shit my pants a couple times but I guess that's the point haha

April 17, 2014, 11:43 a.m.

Does anyone have any input for a good Squamish starting point? I've ridden Full and Half Nelson, Tsuga, and Angry Midget thus far, but am looking to get into some other trails. I'm on a big bike and so far find the trails up there to be insanely fun. Not looking to do anything too crazy, but at least on par with AM. Any tips greatly appreciated. Cheers! Oh, and I'm pushing my fat ass up the road not shuttling.

April 17, 2014, 11:45 a.m.

Does anyone have any input for a good Squamish starting point? I've ridden Full and Half Nelson, Tsuga, and Angry Midget thus far, but am looking to get into some other trails. I'm on a big bike and so far find the trails up there to be insanely fun. Not looking to do anything too crazy, but at least on par with AM. Any tips greatly appreciated. Cheers! Oh, and I'm pushing my fat ass up the road not shuttling.

Keep pushing up to Cakewalk or 19th Hole.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

April 17, 2014, 12:18 p.m.

You could try the Alice Lake area. Pedaling up Jacks on a big bike isn't too bad if you have a half decent gear. Then pushing to Crouching Squirrel, or up to the Entrail area is within range. Probably a bit more direct and a bit shorter than pushing up fire roads.

You should also branch out and try the other trails around where you've already been. Pseuda Tsuga, Home Brew, Hybrid etc… Just grab your map and try something new.

April 21, 2014, 8:36 a.m.

It was very muddy on the Garibaldi Highlands/Alice Lake trails yesterday. Even Jack's Trail was running muddy.

Hueso! Now that is good fun.

April 26, 2014, 4:07 p.m.

Today was good. Rode Mashiter[HTML_REMOVED]Tracks[HTML_REMOVED]Mice[HTML_REMOVED]Treasure Trl, then back up for Entrails[HTML_REMOVED]Boney[HTML_REMOVED]Hueso. Very small amount of mud in places. Everything was running pretty nicely. First time down Treasure Trail and Hueso. Good times!

What is all the decrepit old woodwork you can see from Hueso? Is that Highway to Hell?

April 26, 2014, 5:42 p.m.

Today was good. Rode Mashiter[HTML_REMOVED]Tracks[HTML_REMOVED]Mice[HTML_REMOVED]Treasure Trl, then back up for Entrails[HTML_REMOVED]Boney[HTML_REMOVED]Hueso. Very small amount of mud in places. Everything was running pretty nicely. First time down Treasure Trail and Hueso. Good times!

What is all the decrepit old woodwork you can see from Hueso? Is that Highway to Hell?

Yeah that was Highway to hell.