Seymour 2016 Conditions (merged)

April 25, 2016, 8:02 a.m.

Did a simple loop on lower Seymour last night after the kids went to bed;

Bridle, Salamder, RT, Penny, Severed, Cardiac, Bridle, High-school

After about 6 months off the bike due to injury, it was great to get a sweat on and bounce around.

I have to call out the bottom of Severed - all kinds of awesome. The triple is in good shape, some of the lower berms have been re-shaped with gold, and the rollers have lips on them, so rather than pump them, you can easily air out the doubles. All in all, I had a grin from ear to ear the whole time. Great work folks!

May 2, 2016, 9:48 a.m.

Managed to sneak in a quick lap last night, John Deer is a fun trail! Fast but with enough to keep it interesting. Dirt is very good right now. Thank you builders.

May 5, 2016, 10:43 p.m.

This trail was riding fantastic tonight. Whoever built it is a feckin genius. Thank you.

May 14, 2016, 7:07 p.m.

Rode CBC for the first time in ages. Not sure if it's changed a lot or my mindset has but it wasn't really for me. Some incredible and expansive rock work but I didn't enjoy it like I used to.

Conditions on Seymour are incredibly dry.

The revisions and work on Pingu are amazing. So much better. Thanks for whoever is responsible for that.
Boogieman to Boogie Nights is also incredible. A really nice addition to the trails on the mountain.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

May 14, 2016, 7:20 p.m.

The revisions and work on Pingu are amazing. So much better. Thanks for whoever is responsible for that.

Raven Pub in Deep Cove! :woot:

May 14, 2016, 9:18 p.m.

Rode CBC for the first time in ages. Not sure if it's changed a lot or my mindset has but it wasn't really for me. Some incredible and expansive rock work but I didn't enjoy it like I used to.

Conditions on Seymour are incredibly dry.

Boogieman to Boogie Nights is also incredible. A really nice addition to the trails on the mountain.

CBC has gone to shit. And Metro won't let anyone work on it! I still enjoy it, but DH bike only. As you note, the rest of Seymour is great. Also getting very dry and dusty on Fromme. Same as last year - the rocky/armored trails are holding up better.

May 16, 2016, 10:11 a.m.

CBC has gone to shit. And Metro won't let anyone work on it! I still enjoy it, but DH bike only. As you note, the rest of Seymour is great. Also getting very dry and dusty on Fromme. Same as last year - the rocky/armored trails are holding up better.

Why are you saying MV won't let anyone work on this trail? According to your post in the thread about the condition of CBC MV's answer doesn't support this intention at all.

http://bb.nsmb.com/showpost.php?p=2914257[HTML_REMOVED]postcount=7
_Thank you for emailing us.

The wood structures on CBC, as mentioned in the newsletter, have been deemed un-safe as the structures have reached their life-span. Over the years, Metro has developed standards to not replace wood structures unless over a bog/swamp, or creek crossing and to decommission un-safe structures. Building wood structures was a popular building technique many years ago; although we realize some users still enjoy this experience, the up-keep of these structures was excessive. We have over 100kms of trail within the LSCR within 5,668 hectare area which carried a lot of wood work from the 90’s to early 2000’s.

CBC will under-go many assessments which will include environmental, safety, user ship level, and user experience this year. The plan for now is to remove the risk and do the various assessments for this trail.

The LSCR Team_

They are assessing this trail and if the NSMBA or any other group wishes to be involved I'm sure they are.

Considering how secretive the NSMBA is with their plans who knows what they're doing. Unless there is something you know that you're not sharing?

I do agree with you about the rocked and more natural trails, the do hold up much better then the new school flow trails once it gets really dry. Which is why we need both.

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

May 16, 2016, 10:19 a.m.

Getting dry out there already! I washed out my front tire in a loose dusty turn on Pingu last night and went over the bars into some rock, first decent crash for me in a while, luckily no real damage just some skin off the forearms.

John Deer gets more fun the faster you ride it, love the flow, very bottom is dry but the upper and middle has awesome grip. I'm loving riding Severed down to GSM then back up to John Deer and out to the car at Old Buck lot.

May 30, 2016, 3:08 p.m.

TNT was in great shape this weekend. Impressed with the upgrade work. Heard CBC was worked on, anyone ride it recently?

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

May 31, 2016, 9:49 a.m.

Why are you saying MV won't let anyone work on this trail? According to your post in the thread about the condition of CBC MV's answer doesn't support this intention at all.

They are assessing this trail and if the NSMBA or any other group wishes to be involved I'm sure they are.

Considering how secretive the NSMBA is with their plans who knows what they're doing. Unless there is something you know that you're not sharing?

I do agree with you about the rocked and more natural trails, the do hold up much better then the new school flow trails once it gets really dry. Which is why we need both.

Take the time out and talk to NSMBA members whilst on your ride. NSMBA have offered their time and resources to Metro, but Metro are not interested. Metro are a massive organization and they really can't be bothered with mountain bike trails. Decommissioning trails means less work for them.

May 31, 2016, 10:39 a.m.

Take the time out and talk to NSMBA members whilst on your ride. NSMBA have offered their time and resources to Metro, but Metro are not interested. Metro are a massive organization and they really can't be bothered with mountain bike trails. Decommissioning trails means less work for them.

Absolute fucking bullshit!

Metro Vancouver are more than happy to work with other organisations to maintain trails, Muddbunnies have been working with Metro the past 2 years on Ridge Runner and I (as the trail builder) have found them (Metro Vancouver) easy to deal with.

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

May 31, 2016, 2:08 p.m.

Ask Metro about CBC. I'll be interested to hear if you get a response, and if you do, what that response will be.

June 1, 2016, 1:07 p.m.

I have, just as I have talked to MV and they gave me the same answer they have given you. They are assessing the trails in their network and will create a plan with whoever wants to be involved. As is their responsibility.

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

June 1, 2016, 1:40 p.m.

TNT was in great shape this weekend. Impressed with the upgrade work. Heard CBC was worked on, anyone ride it recently?

Rode it last week and there was no recent work I could see. It needs some love.

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.

June 1, 2016, 2:47 p.m.

I have, just as I have talked to MV and they gave me the same answer they have given you. They are assessing the trails in their network and will create a plan with whoever wants to be involved. As is their responsibility.

If they eventually decide they want us to get involved, then I'll be there for a trail day(s) for sure. And we can have a beer afterwards :)