Weed on the Shore & dogs

May 19, 2014, 7:59 a.m.

Marley had cancer,lots of folks smoke it and use it as a living medicine.
I swear they put something in the glue in zig zag whites,for mind control.
Is better to use a mini bong,and spark with hemp string instead of inhaling lighter fumes .
There where lots of guard dogs at grow ops that never ate the merchandise.I think the Chronics of the pacific N W prefer a good hot box,in a gondola ,or shuttle truck.
No point on flying around on one wing.

maybe keep off the zig zags then? you sound like you had a lot of glue already in your life…

May 19, 2014, 9:46 a.m.

Weed is insoluble without fat and eating it has no effect unless it is heated in fat first to release the thc. From a chemistry standpoint its highly likely that it's not what you're thinking. Anecdotally, I've tried eating it many years ago without cooking it in fat and it did absolutely nothing. Perhaps flatch is onto something.

Yeah, kram is 100% correct and you are definitely mistaken. A small amount of weed would not hurt your dog and it certainly would not get him high. Weed has absolutely no effect if it not cooked and i'm assuming this was not a special brownie on the trail.

I have heard of many, many cases of dogs and other animals ingesting marijuana that IS cooked and while this will get them a little high it wont hurt them. There are confirmed stories of dogs eating whole trays of magic brownies and they just go to sleep for a while. Any vet will tell you that the weed will not hurt your dog. The only thing you should be worried about is the chocolate in the brownie.

But once again i'm assuming you are only talking about a little doobie or something. Your dog could eat doobies all day with pretty much no effect whatsoever. It's just a coincidence.

Nov. 3, 2016, 5:33 p.m.

Another event. Personally I think these dogs are getting into wild mushrooms or something else. There are plenty of mushrooms on the Shore that can harm a dog and it seems much more likely then a small piece of marijuana. I actually have more trouble with my dogs finding chocolate that kids drop than pot and chocolate is super dangerous.

http://www.nsnews.com/news/possible-pot-roach-sends-north-vancouver-pup-to-the-vet-1.2412323

Nov. 3, 2016, 7:20 p.m.

Another event. Personally I think these dogs are getting into wild mushrooms or something else. There are plenty of mushrooms on the Shore that can harm a dog and it seems much more likely then a a small piece of marijuana. I actually have more trouble with my dogs finding chocolate that kids drop than pot and chocolate is super dangerous.

http://www.nsnews.com/news/possible-pot-roach-sends-north-vancouver-pup-to-the-vet-1.2412323

Has to be a joke, look at the cost of the vet services in the article

Nov. 3, 2016, 9:33 p.m.

I was riding near the Pipeline Bridge into the Demo Forest and I'm pretty sure my dog ate a mini pump. And then some keys.

:lol:

Oh my, couldn't breathe there for a second. :)

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/

Nov. 3, 2016, 10:47 p.m.

I only scanned the first and last page… but the number of fools on the internet never ceases to impress. I have no issues with weed… unless it affects others, and it most certainly does affect dogs negatively, and can be life threatening. Being responsible will help with our ability to keep enjoying the trails. Being cavalier and blathering crap that it won't hurt a dog will jeopardize mtn biking access. Something to consider even if you are selfish enough to not have regard for other users.

ride a horse! 1200 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs…
but riding bikes is still fun!

Nov. 4, 2016, 7:47 a.m.

I'm really trying to understand the hate-on for my post that I'm getting here. A lot of opinions as to what my dog ate, if dogs can get messed up on weed, etc… Good stuff, question authority, don't follow conventional wisdom, fight the power and all that. A questioning mind is a good thing.

Some posts that it is my responsibility to keep an eye on my dog, I absolutely agree. My dog ate some weed, he got messed up, it's my responsibility to take care of him. Think that's pretty obvious in my original post.

I always get good attitudes on the trail from other riders, have helped others with repairs, people have helped me out. Why the hate here folks ?

I've been admiring your patience and taking the high road with some of the asinine responses you're getting. Just let the little people get it out of their systems. Glad your dog is ok. The rest of us thank you for the mellow reminder:

1) Don't be wasteful. Only roll as much as you need, you gluttonous weedpig.
2) Pack it out. Whatever it is.
3) Don't be so fucking pedantic. Myk's vet has a better idea about it than you do. Maybe it was a roach, maybe someone left a zipper open and their stash fell out. Maybe his dog is an edible pot lightweight. Take this opportunity not to be an asshole about it.

Nov. 4, 2016, 9:30 a.m.

Weed is insoluble without fat and eating it has no effect unless it is heated in fat first to release the thc. From a chemistry standpoint its highly likely that it's not what you're thinking. Anecdotally, I've tried eating it many years ago without cooking it in fat and it did absolutely nothing. Perhaps flatch is onto something.

Not completely true, look up carboxylation technics for making tiniture. all you need is about 275°F for 10-15 to release the THC bound in the structure.

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Nov. 4, 2016, 9:35 a.m.

Not completely true, look up carboxylation technics for making tiniture. all you need is about 275°F for 10-15 to release the THC bound in the structure.

Actually out of curiosity I looked up weed and dogs, and apparently dogs can digest weed and get high even when raw. So what I said was incorrect. Apparently even humans can get a little high from eating a lot, but dogs are more efficient at digesting it than we are (and weigh a lot less) and therefore are much more susceptible.

Nov. 4, 2016, 10:02 a.m.

Actually out of curiosity I looked up weed and dogs, and apparently dogs can digest weed and get high even when raw. So what I said was incorrect. Apparently even humans can get a little high from eating a lot, but dogs are more efficient at digesting it than we are (and weigh a lot less) and therefore are much more susceptible.

Raw un cooked weed has a low thc content. The heat ramps up the potency for edibles. eating a roach has the same effect as eating cooked weed.

I had a cat that ate 3 grams of black Turkish hash. Had little to no effect on him. I had a dog that ate a three pound chocolate easter bunny and I though she was going to die, she lived but it had a lasting effect on her eye sight.

Like humans they react uniquely to drugs

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Nov. 4, 2016, 10:24 a.m.

Raw un cooked weed has a low thc content. The heat ramps up the potency for edibles. eating a roach has the same effect as eating cooked weed.

I had a cat that ate 3 grams of black Turkish hash. Had little to no effect on him. I had a dog that ate a three pound chocolate easter bunny and I though she was going to die, she lived but it had a lasting effect on her eye sight.

Like humans they react uniquely to drugs

I am gonna have to call BS on the hash having no effect on the cat especially close to a 1/8 of a ounce .

In HS a buddy and I ate a gram of hash each , talk about wrecked , totally different high than smoking it .

A body stone is much like being drunk , and I had it from pot and hash so it does work when ingested .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 4, 2016, 10:50 a.m.

Kram. Maybe a dog can metabolize it differently to humans?

Stomach acids, enzyimes whatnot.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Nov. 4, 2016, 12:18 p.m.

Kram. Maybe a dog can metabolize it differently to humans?

Stomach acids, enzyimes whatnot.

Yes, on further investigation this seems to be the case

Nov. 4, 2016, 12:51 p.m.

I am gonna have to call BS on the hash having no effect on the cat especially close to a 1/8 of a ounce .

In HS a buddy and I ate a gram of hash each , talk about wrecked , totally different high than smoking it .

A body stone is much like being drunk , and I had it from pot and hash so it does work when ingested .

Makes no sense, I never did find the hash so I assumed the cat ate it. Could be someone lifted the hash or…. We are talking about 1989

A. Einstein

Nov. 4, 2016, 5:10 p.m.

So, you like to have a little weed on trail? Helps your flow after the shuttle up Seymour, livin' the North Shore lifestyle, open a growler end of ride. Makes for one fine day on the trails.

Just, be careful with where your weed ends up. Don't toss the end of your joint on the trail, keep an eye that you don't drop anything. Carry out anything half smoked.

What I learned today…. dogs, mine especially, will eat weed. Small bit of weed, just messed up my dog. Figured it out from the smell of his puke. I'd hate to see someone's dog go through what mine just did, so, just be careful with your weed on the trail.

Those new wheels I wanted this summer or some race fees ? Vet bills, but at least I get to keep bringing my dog along on rides.

Who the hell smokes half a joint and tosses the rest.??