Weed on the Shore & dogs

April 29, 2014, 1:16 p.m.

what i find interesting about this thread is that so many people have taken their dogs to the vet when they eat some stuff and get sick. if i'd gone that route every time a dog i owned snarfelled something dumb i'd be broke! dogs eat dumb stuff, sometimes they pay the price - woozy, unbalanced, barfing; it sucks - and they never seem to learn their lesson. but unless i know its poisonous, i'm inclined to let mine tough it out - and i haven't lost one yet!

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

April 29, 2014, 1:43 p.m.

Having observed my neighbors dog, this is not I threw-up from eating grass or something that doesn't agree with the stomach. It is pretty scary with the low heart rate, inability to stand etc.. When neighbor took it to the local vet they freaked out and sent them immediately to Emergency clinic. Fortunately the emerg clinic sees this stuff all the time and could diagnose it immediately.

I think OP was just giving a very nice Public Service Announcement. I know I had no idea of the effects of pot on dogs, until my neighbors incident about 1 month ago. I always thought it wouldn't do much to them. Anyway I think he is just saying if you don't want to harm dogs best to dispose of it properly. If you don't give a shit about dogs I guess just keep on keeping on.

April 29, 2014, 3:15 p.m.

maybe it's different for cats , but i saw this one named steve ( a cougar , but still a cat ) on TV , and he ate the stuff like it was candy . . . seemed pretty happy about it and the guy who looked after him was OK with it .

there's a vet who lives nearby and he didn't seem too worried either .

April 29, 2014, 3:29 p.m.

Having observed my neighbors dog, this is not I threw-up from eating grass or something that doesn't agree with the stomach. It is pretty scary with the low heart rate, inability to stand etc.. When neighbor took it to the local vet they freaked out and sent them immediately to Emergency clinic. Fortunately the emerg clinic sees this stuff all the time and could diagnose it immediately.

I think OP was just giving a very nice Public Service Announcement. I know I had no idea of the effects of pot on dogs, until my neighbors incident about 1 month ago. I always thought it wouldn't do much to them. Anyway I think he is just saying if you don't want to harm dogs best to dispose of it properly. If you don't give a shit about dogs I guess just keep on keeping on.

if he actually said it like that - then I would have been cool….but it was the douchie delivery that sucked.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

April 29, 2014, 3:58 p.m.

maybe it's different for cats , but i saw this one named steve ( a cougar , but still a cat ) on TV , and he ate the stuff like it was candy . . . seemed pretty happy about it and the guy who looked after him was OK with it .

there's a vet who lives nearby and he didn't seem too worried either .

April 29, 2014, 4:34 p.m.

that's the same one flip' . . .

it's like a documentary / reality series :lol:

April 29, 2014, 4:48 p.m.

if he actually said it like that - then I would have been cool….but it was the douchie delivery that sucked.

You have to be a freakin' English Scholar to post on this board ?

Okay, how's this . . .

Went MTB'ing on Seymour today. My dog ate something, pretty sure it was pot, the vet agrees. Really messed him up, couldn't stand, was non-responsive, his breathing was off and heart rate super low. He spent the rest of the day at the vet. Scarred the crap out of me.

Careful with your dog on the trails. Must be some weed out there, maybe someone dropped their bag. Careful if you're having a J in the woods. Hate to see another dog go through what mine went through.

That better ? Of course, you could still cue all the other responses about mushrooms, skunk cabbage, pot can't mess up dogs, etc…

April 29, 2014, 7:24 p.m.

four pages and nobody has mentioned a leash. I'm shocked. :rolleyes:

April 29, 2014, 8:48 p.m.

I'm shocked that there's four pages.

April 29, 2014, 9:18 p.m.

four pages and nobody has mentioned a leash. I'm shocked. :rolleyes:

I'm not.
Vancouver dog owners are the epitome of douche bag dog owners who think it's their doggies right to piss/shit where-ever shove their smelly snotty snout in anyones hot spot "oh my! doggies just so cuddly you don't mind the bother/dog hair stuck all over your ward-robe eh?" puff puff…. :rolleyes: ….on the trail

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

April 29, 2014, 10:52 p.m.

maybe it's different for cats

i heard that thc effects cats - and that they can't process it out of their systems. the more they're exposed to it, the more stoned they get… for life. i lived with a cat named columbo whose chronic owner and previous roomates used to shotgun him as a kitten. whatever the truth, that was one strange beastie: only animal i've ever met who actively watched tv. he know the difference between programs and commercials, had specific shows he liked - and if you came in and changed the channel during one of them, he'd get up and walk out of the room 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdsFiBbFc

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

April 30, 2014, 12:13 a.m.

Dogs have all you stupid human beings trained really well. Now go pick up their shit.

diggin

April 30, 2014, 9:42 a.m.

please pick up your poo bags as well.

:canada:

April 30, 2014, 10:17 a.m.

You have to be a freakin' English Scholar to post on this board ?

Okay, how's this . . .

Went MTB'ing on Seymour today. My dog ate something, pretty sure it was pot, the vet agrees. Really messed him up, couldn't stand, was non-responsive, his breathing was off and heart rate super low. He spent the rest of the day at the vet. Scarred the crap out of me.

Careful with your dog on the trails. Must be some weed out there, maybe someone dropped their bag. Careful if you're having a J in the woods. Hate to see another dog go through what mine went through.

That better ? Of course, you could still cue all the other responses about mushrooms, skunk cabbage, pot can't mess up dogs, etc…

yes much better - Bummer that your dog had to go through that sick spell. Glad he recovered.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

April 30, 2014, 11:23 a.m.

I was riding near the Pipeline Bridge into the Demo Forest and I'm pretty sure my dog ate a mini pump. And then some keys.