shop props

Sept. 4, 2012, 1:18 p.m.

OK so not really a shop - but kudos to Ryders Eyewear for their nosepiece replacement policy. I lost mine a few weeks after buying the glasses and was fearing the worst. Ryders sent me out a new nosepiece quickly and no fuss. Happy me!

Cheers Ben

Sept. 4, 2012, 1:54 p.m.

But alas they do not touch le Shox de Rock anymore do they?

That's a rather unfortunate Revelation.

I'm in town all week. Try the veal.

Yeah but Shawn at Fluid Function does and he does a pretty damn good job too!

I dropped my fork into him for a service on the way up to the Chilcotins this weekend and he had it all done and ready for me to pick back up on my way back home on Monday!

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

Sept. 5, 2012, 8:56 a.m.

I dropped my fork into him for a service on the way up to the Chilcotins this weekend and he had it all done and ready for me to pick back up on my way back home on Monday!

rep'd for kind advice.

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 5, 2012, 11:33 a.m.

It was nice to see people who seemed to truely enjoy their jobs and helping out others.

It's sad to see that Arthur is still out of commission, and quite unfortunate that no one cares enough to update the mtn bike community about his progress. He's a great guy and I hope he heals up soon. Especially considering that I have feedback on my tune, and no one to give it to for follow up.

:(

Sept. 5, 2012, 12:31 p.m.

and quite unfortunate that no one cares enough to update the mtn bike community about his progress.

You obviously mean well, but I'm a bit confused by your comment. Are you suggesting that people don't care simply because details of his medical condition haven't been made public? Since when is someone's medical condition a public matter?

While some people choose to share all the details of their lives on public forums (facebook, blogs, forums, etc…), others don't, and prefer to face challenges privately. There's nothing wrong with either approach. I don't presume to know how Arthur likes to deal with challenges, but if I don't see a public update, to me it simply means that the person in question doesn't want to share and I respect that.

I wish Arthur the best and hope he's back to destroying races soon.

:canada: :czech:

Sept. 5, 2012, 12:53 p.m.

Shawn is awesome. On my way up to Whistler he met me at the 7-11 in Squamish on Sunday to pick up a fork. He was on the way to the dump anyway so he said he'd grab it from me there. Awesome. And the turn around is amazing.

I don't want to knock Suspensionwerks because I love those guys but they need to scale in the summer. The demand is obviously there if they are booking weeks in advance.

Sept. 5, 2012, 1:20 p.m.

What are SW to do? Hire any old mong on a work permit for three months and see the quality of work plummet? People should take responsibility for their actions and get their shit together before June. They'll probably get my shock in December….

treezz
wow you are a ass

Sept. 5, 2012, 2:19 p.m.

i hadnt heard anything about this. arthur is a great guy, feel better soon bud!

Sept. 5, 2012, 2:46 p.m.

What are SW to do? Hire any old mong on a work permit for three months and see the quality of work plummet? People should take responsibility for their actions and get their shit together before June. They'll probably get my shock in December….

What happens if you fuck shit up mid season? I'm not trying to knock SW as they have always been very good to me and even put some rushes through. I guess I should be grateful they don't balloon into a giant soulless machine. Just seems that demand is there for at least 6 months of the year.

Sept. 5, 2012, 3:19 p.m.

Especially considering that I have feedback on my tune, and no one to give it to for follow up.

James is still available for tune consultation, just like he was before Arthur worked with him.

flickr

Sept. 5, 2012, 3:24 p.m.

I'd like to serve up some Shop Props to Rob Farrell of Wilds of Canada in New Denver. I gave him a call yesterday morning, and he was in the house doing dishes on the first day of school for his two young kids. He stopped what he was doing to open up the shop and give me the lowdown on local trails, fold the map I purchased with OCD accuracy, and then sell me some tubes without gouging me on the price. I gladly donated a few extra bucks to the local trail builders and am stoked to explore.

flickr

Sept. 5, 2012, 4:22 p.m.

i drive from coquitlam/port coquitlam to north shore bike shop.
best shop around. amazing service thats always fast and top notch.
its worth the long drive.

end thread.

superheros
I like bikes

Sept. 5, 2012, 6:20 p.m.

James is still available for tune consultation, just like he was before Arthur worked with him.

I wasn't aware that James was helping out in Arthur's absence, as Arthur's always been the guy I've worked with in the past.

As do I.
There's nothing more to read into here.
:smokey:

Sept. 6, 2012, 9:29 a.m.

I'd like to throw a huge thanks to Tyler, Nate and Rort at Revolution Cycles in Rossland. Not only did Tyler organize another awesome Seven Summits Poker ride last weekend, but I had next day turnaround on a couple of bikes. I really liked the new dropper post solution they came up with for my KS I950.

Thanks guys!

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Sept. 11, 2012, 4:29 p.m.

Just phoned, and rolled into Different on Broadway and they punched out a head set cup while i waited, even though i offered to come back later. Thanks.

WTF, Over?