shop props

April 9, 2017, 9:37 p.m.

I need to give new life to this thread with a huge shout out to Sasha and Jordan at the Cove.  Both of these guys have always been top notch with their customer service and expertise, and have looked after me for years.  But this weekend, after I had a serious misadventure changing out my own pivot bearings, they went far above the call of duty to rescue me and my bike from my mechanical mishap.  Thanks boys!

April 10, 2017, 4:16 p.m.

Wish I could have experienced that kind of service you're talking about. I bought a bike from them and a week later they scratched the shit out of my stanchions when the bike was being serviced. Jordan tried telling me the damage didn't matter and tried to discredit anything I had to say. Fast forward 4 months of Sasha lying about when my replacement stanchion would arrive, I went in and had them replace it with one they had in store.. which they could have done months before. I guess its really hit and miss at Cove.

April 10, 2017, 4:16 p.m.

I met Dave from BicycleHub randomly in the Whistler gondola last summer and started chatting about bikes before learning about his business. I've been there a bunch since and he's done great work, quickly and for very fair prices plus offered up good advice on gear/upgrade choices. 

As someone who has previously only owned used bikes and now has a consumer-direct bike on order, I like the service-only model. I've received less than stellar customer service at several LBS who are dealers of said used bikes.

April 10, 2017, 7:37 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

I met Dave from BicycleHub randomly in the Whistler gondola last summer and started chatting about bikes before learning about his business. I've been there a bunch since and he's done great work, quickly and for very fair prices plus offered up good advice on gear/upgrade choices. 

As someone who has previously only owned used bikes and now has a consumer-direct bike on order, I like the service-only model. I've received less than stellar customer service at several LBS who are dealers of said used bikes.

Dave is the best.  I have been bringing my bikes to him for the past 3 years and have always been impressed by his great customer service and quality.  He is very quick at communicating via email as well.

I recommend The Bicycle Hub to all my riding buddies.

April 10, 2017, 9:09 p.m.

I also like the service only business model at Bicycle Hub. Dave seems like a nice, honest, and helpful guy so plan on using him for all service going forward. Have had mediocre and expensive service from pretty much all the main shops in town... is it just me or have shops really increased their pricing for bike service in the past few years? I always bring my bike in expecting like an $80 bill and it ends up being like $260... and every time I bring my bike in I get a call with them telling me that X part is busted (which seemed to be totally fine before I brought my bike in) and that it needs to be replaced and the little small part costs like 50% of the MSRP of the entire component.

April 10, 2017, 9:24 p.m.

Is Dave at Bicycle Hub down off Main by the port entrance?

April 11, 2017, 10:02 p.m.

Posted by: Endur-Bro

Is Dave at Bicycle Hub down off Main by the port entrance?

Yup. Columbia street I think. Shop is a little hole in the wall.