shop props

Aug. 29, 2011, 7:27 a.m.

Sacred is my shop and I've never gotten a "bro" feeling from them. Always good to me and I usually have my kids (2 and 4) with me… we are like a travelling circus when we roll into the store. Leroy is awesome BTW… and a pinner on the bike.

Scared is good stuff. They gave me some beta for shredding this winter when I was up there.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 6, 2011, 12:17 p.m.

This^^ I wondered into Different Bikes today and mentioned my kid was looking for a new DH frame to beat up in Whistler. After 10 minutes of chatting, and looking around at some kinda internet listing he got me a wicked deal on a new Norco frame. Bought it on the spot, Dantes picks it up tommorow.
Very chill attitude, didnt prejudge the old fat guy, I'll be back to that shop.

I had a similar experience with Different Bikes BBY. Brought in two wheels to franken-together for the big hit as well the Imperial for some brake work. He was a busy dude. Dealing with a phone that never seemed to stopped ringing, a customer with his two sons that was trying to explain to his eldest son that "you're not getting that today.. or anytime soon", all the while being helpful and mindful enough to take care of me n my bikes/parts in about 10 minutes all said in done and I was on my way.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Sept. 6, 2011, 12:20 p.m.

Sacred is my shop and I've never gotten a "bro" feeling from them. Always good to me and I usually have my kids (2 and 4) with me… we are like a travelling circus when we roll into the store. Leroy is awesome BTW… and a pinner on the bike.

I stopped by Sacred probably at least 10 years ago and it felt like old friends. Smiles all around and let me know that while I wasnt first in line to be helped, I'm not last - even though I technically was.

Sept. 6, 2011, 12:23 p.m.

Freedom in Penticton for always being great, and (Cap's) Krustys cycle in richmond for letting me and my dad rebuild a fork with their tools at 8am for free before going to Whistler a few years ago.

I like those shops that'll let you do that.

BUT - are you a regular customer or a walk in off the streets?

Sept. 6, 2011, 12:25 p.m.

[QUOTE=cerealkilla';2542305]

Republic- my neighbhour's sons bike was stolen and she went to Armand to get a replacement. Armand set her little dude up with a nearly identical ride to the one that was stolen. Didn't charge her a nickel because he got the bike on trade-in, and knew she was a single mom on a tight budget. First class all the way.

That my friend, IS awesome.

Sept. 6, 2011, 1:33 p.m.

props to fanatyk for early, fast, friendly and cheap service last weekend!

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 3, 2012, 1:01 p.m.

Big thanks to Corsa Cycles (Pat) in Squamish who raided a part from their floor stock to get my bike back on the trails over the weekend. Very helpful and friendly and I hadn't ever set foot in their shop before. Nice shop too.

Cheers Ben

May 3, 2012, 4:32 p.m.

+1 for Corsa. Dave and Sandra are awesome folks, as are Pat, Fraser, Kate and the rest. You'll get zero attitude from them if you walk in off the street knowing nothing (as I once did), and they throw a helluva shindig, too. Not only that, but they make a real effort to advocate on behalf of Squamish.

On the Shore, the guys (and gals) at Obsession are favourites of mine, as is Lynn Valley. Both are very fair, knowledgeable, and with mechanics that are exceptional. And they won't gouge you. Truly decent folk, again with zero attitude and just a genuine willingness to help - no matter who the customer is.

I tell ya, we're lucky folk.

May 3, 2012, 6:25 p.m.

[QUOTE=cerealkilla';2542305]All three shops in Squamish get huge props in my books.

Corsa- Dave tutored me in tubeless tires, and has helped with warranty issues numerous times. Great supporters of community events.

Tantalus- Neither P-nut or any of the other mechanics ever laugh at me for getting a job half-done and bringing it to them to do right. Sparing my fragile ego in this capacity is very much appreciated. THey`re also big community event supporters, and Al was a driving force behind the GK Ripper which raised tonnes of cash for good causes.

Republic- my neighbhour's sons bike was stolen and she went to Armand to get a replacement. Armand set her little dude up with a nearly identical ride to the one that was stolen. Didn't charge her a nickel because he got the bike on trade-in, and knew she was a single mom on a tight budget. First class all the way.

Good shops here. Do yourself a favour and hit them up when you're in town this weekend (apparently there is something going on). P'nut, Al, and Kevin at Tantalus keep me rolling. I can't thank them enough!

May 8, 2012, 1:03 p.m.

NSBS.

Pat was helping me out with a few purchases and shooting the shit while juggling with other walk in customers, phone calls and building a bike as well. First time in the shop and felt like I was a regular customer.

One could only wonder where Matt J was during all of this though? Probably acting as someone's picnic blacker at Ambleside Park :lol:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 11, 2012, 1:50 p.m.

Props to Matt at Obsession !

Just picked up a new bike, everyone is uber happy.

May 11, 2012, 4:30 p.m.

That's the same bike I want for my daughter! :)

May 11, 2012, 6:24 p.m.

I can't believe how light the bike is. Compared to other run bikes it is night and day in weight difference. Perfect for the toddler who wants to do things but doesn't have the strength yet.

May 11, 2012, 6:57 p.m.

I can't believe how light the bike is. Compared to other run bikes it is night and day in weight difference. Perfect for the toddler who wants to do things but doesn't have the strength yet.

compare it to a Strider and it will feel like a tank

May 11, 2012, 8:02 p.m.

It might be a bit heavier with a seat on there.