shop props

June 6, 2011, 11:21 a.m.

props to shops seem to get handed out mostly in a by-the-by fashion in the "bitching about X shop" threads, so i thought i'd start a thread - but if there is one in existence (searched but didn't look too hard) please let me know, i'll delete this and transfer my comments.

different bikes (specifically andrew handford) has been too good to me recently not to warrant a shout out. andy contacted me by pm when i posted here about having trouble finding a part - he special ordered it after answering a bunch of questions and got it the db location most convenient. then, when i was looking for a sleeve for my gravity dropper on short notice, he had a shop pull one off a model in stock (the sleeves were on backorder) and hold it for me. all of this with a proffered discount - i'd have been way to appreciative of his effort to ask. and sponsoring the nimby - an event that would seem to be well out of their geographic customer range - was pure gold. i'm a bit wary of "brand loyalty" but i'm developing a very soft place in my heart for db, the treatment's just been that good.

if you've recently had a shop interaction that left you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside post 'er up. if this thread breaks some rule i'm not aware of, please let me know.

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

June 6, 2011, 11:34 a.m.

Tantalus in Squamish. The boys know what they are doing and usually always willing to stop and give me a hand if I can't get my rig going right before a ride. :beer:

June 6, 2011, 12:29 p.m.

Steed Cycles. Great shop with great guys like Dave and Jordan.

June 6, 2011, 12:48 p.m.

Rocky Cycle in Newton: They are so good to me.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

June 6, 2011, 1:03 p.m.

Too early in the thread to throw CRC some love? :P

June 6, 2011, 1:07 p.m.

Experience Cycling in the Ridge. Sadly, now devoured by a shop voted 'Most Likely To Be Slagged'.
I'm looking for a new shop so this discussion is timely.

June 6, 2011, 3:03 p.m.

Velocity in Langley and Cranky's in Alder-Ghetto have always been good to me.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

June 6, 2011, 3:17 p.m.

Different Bikes Burnaby - Jordy - always takes the time, always does the job right and if not (heaven forbid), he'll own up to it and make it good.

Northshorebikeshop - MattJ. 'Nuff said.

Marzocchi Canada Warranty - Naz and crew. Endlessly helpful and reliable.

June 6, 2011, 3:44 p.m.

North shore bike shop - For being superior bike techs and passionate about it.

Lynn Valley Bikes - For being awesome and never douche to wife.

and

SuspensionWerx - For rocking my shocks!

June 6, 2011, 3:58 p.m.

Marz Canada. Naz knows how to sort it out.
Obsession: Any time I've gone in there, it's been for something unusual, and every time, they've figured it out.

June 6, 2011, 4:18 p.m.

Kevin and Jordy orer at Different Bikes Burnaby have been nothing short of awesome.

And nothing bad can be said about Suspension Werx. Big thanks to Aurthur and James.

June 6, 2011, 4:39 p.m.

props to shops who support trail maintenance

June 6, 2011, 4:49 p.m.

Obsession: Any time I've gone in there, it's been for something unusual, and every time, they've figured it out.

agreed. lou knows things

June 6, 2011, 4:53 p.m.

props to shops who support trail maintenance

c'mon, name names

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

June 6, 2011, 5:01 p.m.

Locally I'm biased, so I'll say the Bicycle Cafe in Kamloops as they laced a new wheel for me over night in 2007 when I destroyed mine coming up short on a wooden gap. I was in the middle of a road trip so they allowed me to keep riding.

A shop in Kelowna was also good, but I can't figure out which one any more, but some surfing around in the area has shown some comedy labour charges…..10 bucks to bang in a SFN…LOLWTFetc….

treezz
wow you are a ass