Toonie #2 - Map/Info/Trash Talk

June 21, 2013, 6:51 a.m.

Dude you didn't come back to the finish tent. I tried calling you from the number on your form.

I need your card back, then I will get your time.

Sorry I had to mad rush home after to take my wife to the dinner I promised! I'll drop it off today at LVB's.

June 21, 2013, 8:05 a.m.

Sorry I had to mad rush home after to take my wife to the dinner I promised! I'll drop it off today at LVB's.

If you drop down to 1st and Lonsdale area you can drop it at my office and I can get your time up.

Also the two riders that gave me their cards at the bar I'll have you guys added to the results this morning.

June 21, 2013, 8:47 a.m.

If anyone's sitting on the fence, consider volunteering! I did one of the checkpoints today and the atmosphere was great once racers started coming through.

Yup, lots of fun being at the bottom of Oilcan. It (unfortunately) turned out to be flat tire central (7 racers with flats) but everyone seemed to be having a good time.

June 21, 2013, 8:53 a.m.

I'm a little surprised that you sent 77 racers down with all that rain, Dreamweaver just having a trail day the other day too. I'm no hippy, but surely that's insensitive for the environmental impact? Even whistler cancelled its race wednesday night and that is on full time maintained/machine made trails. Isn't that how Executioner got trashed last year when the red bull race went down in the wet?

June 21, 2013, 9:08 a.m.

I'm a little surprised that you sent 77 racers down with all that rain, Dreamweaver just having a trail day the other day too. I'm no hippy, but surely that's insensitive for the environmental impact? Even whistler cancelled its race wednesday night and that is on full time maintained/machine made trails. Isn't that how Executioner got trashed last year when the red bull race went down in the wet?

Well the work done on that trail is so good that it there was little to no standing water on the trail. I would also say that this wasn't a bunch of racers out to thrash a trail to death. We are all locals that know how to ride trails sympathetically given the conditions. Also the rain starting coming down properly when most people were transferring over to the final leg on BP. I got wetter riding Roadside Attraction after the race from all the undergrowth depositing water on me as I brushed by it!

Jon-boy.

June 21, 2013, 9:09 a.m.

Yup, lots of fun being at the bottom of Oilcan. It (unfortunately) turned out to be flat tire central (7 racers with flats) but everyone seemed to be having a good time.

Massive karma points to the vollies! Thanks for digging out your goretex and standing in the rain for us!

Jon-boy.

June 21, 2013, 11:31 a.m.

it wouldn't be an nsmb thread without some hate….
the torrential rain started when most were already on the course. when the climb up was happening there was little to no rain….

June 21, 2013, 11:43 a.m.

it wouldn't be an nsmb thread without some hate….
the torrential rain started when most were already on the course. when the climb up was happening there was little to no rain….

I was at the end of stage 2, the rain started there at about 7-7:10. There were already 15-20 people though at that point. And when I fore ran stage 2 the trail was moist but not soaked by any stretch. I was stoked to help out and probably will do it again.

Next week will be classic!!! Lets hope for sun!

June 21, 2013, 12:35 p.m.

Thanks again to Brian and all the volunteers for making the Toonie races possible.

Sad I'm going to miss the next one :(

June 21, 2013, 4:48 p.m.

Walked up Dreamweaver this morning… no signs of damage. Allll good! :)