Zimmerman found not guilty..

July 16, 2013, 11:10 a.m.

Zimmerman protests in Oakland turn violent; waiter struck in face

So they are trying to protest the idea that Martin was racially profiled for looking like a hoodlum, and the best way to do that is to take to the streets and ransack the city, acting like a pack of hoodlums?

]

Using your logic and bias. My wife's team will be down in Florida, specifically staying in one of those same type communities as Trayvon and Zimmerman. Gabi and I will be there like we where 4 years ago. I better treat every non black in the community as if they are out to kill everything non white. Because obviously if the non blacks in Florida are willing to kill a 15 year old black kid…well, obviously they would be willing to kill a 6 year old because she looked suspicious with her ice cream.

Your post was retarded first thing this morning. After 4 coffee's, a ride, and food…it is still retarded.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 16, 2013, 11:11 a.m.

Question for the parents in the thread:

Your teenager is walking through your neighborhood, they notice a man following them in a truck. The man then confronts your child, your child notices that they are armed, the man tries to 'detain' your child, though he doesn't have a badge. What would you coach your child to do in that situation?

My guess is that it would fall into the 'stranger danger, do whatever you can to get away' category, no? Is it that inconceivable that Trayvon was fighting for his life, fearing that Zimmerman was a rapist, a murderer or trying to abduct him? If I was a 17 year old kid and in that situation, I can't say I, or anyone else here would have done anything differently than Trayvon. I don't know though, maybe Farmer would have just rolled over and submitted if a strange armed man was stalking him.

How would you feel if your child, after defending himself against someone that they conceivably thought was a rapist/murderer/kidnapper, was shot by that man and the armed man was declared 'the victim' and subsequently cleared of all wrongdoing, given back the weapon that shot your child and released?

July 16, 2013, 11:13 a.m.

Your teenager is walking through your neighborhood, they notice a man following them in a truck. The man then confronts your child, your child notices that they are armed, the man tries to 'detain' your child, though he doesn't have a badge. What would you coach your child to do in that situation?

My guess is that it would fall into the 'stranger danger, do whatever you can to get away' category, no? Is it that inconceivable that Trayvon was fighting for his life, fearing that Zimmerman was a rapist, a murderer or trying to abduct him? If I was a 17 year old kid and in that situation, I can't say I would have done anything differently than Trayvon.

Well put.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

July 16, 2013, 11:20 a.m.

My guess is that it would fall into the 'stranger danger, do whatever you can to get away' category, no? Is it that inconceivable that Trayvon was fighting for his life, fearing that Zimmerman was a rapist, a murderer or trying to abduct him? If I was a 17 year old kid and in that situation, I can't say I, or Farmer, or anyone else here would have done anything differently than Trayvon. I don't know though, maybe Farmer would have just rolled over and submitted if a strange armed man was stalking him.

How would you feel if your child, after defending himself against someone that they conceivably thought was a rapist/murderer/kidnapper, was shot by that man and the armed man was declared 'the victim' and subsequently cleared of all wrongdoing, given back the weapon that shot your child and released?

Damn fucking straight. This is exactly what I thought when the whole thing went down….what a fucking farce.

July 16, 2013, 11:53 a.m.

In the same way that Snowden lets us reflect on loss of privacy and the Connecticut massacre generates conversation about gun control, this event allows people to reflect on race (particularly in the Southern US). For those that think that this event (and possibly outcome) had nothing to do with race, I suggest looking at the response to the verdict. Regardless of your beliefs, given the history of law enforcement against African Americans in the South, can anyone reasonably question why people would be expressing outrage? I caught the very end of a radio program last night talking about racial profiling in Toronto in response to this event. Isn’t it a positive thing that people are using this as a platform for discussing prejudice?

I also don’t understand the contingent trying to minimize the significance of the story in relation to other events taking place currently. Am I outraged that my privacy is being cached by some government entity? Fuck yeah. Though how many lives are being affected right now? You can’t talk about gun violence in the US without including Blacks into the story. Income inequality? Who largely occupies the bottom of the US income distribution? Incarceration rates in the US indicate that Non-Hispanic blacks accounted for 39.4% of the total prison and jail population in 2009. Born as a black male in the US, you have a better chance of going to prison than college. That’s fucking staggering. African-Americans are the first bullet point under nearly every measure of inequality in the US. This event certainly deserves a place at the table.

July 16, 2013, 11:58 a.m.

Further to JBazzet's post about kids and strangers.

Clifford Olson
Paul Bernardo
Karla Homolka

To name a few.

Those types are out to take your children and kill them. You want them to fight to live or you want your children to roll over and die?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

July 16, 2013, 12:17 p.m.

My guess is that it would fall into the 'stranger danger, do whatever you can to get away' category, no? Is it that inconceivable that Trayvon was fighting for his life, fearing that Zimmerman was a rapist, a murderer or trying to abduct him? If I was a 17 year old kid and in that situation, I can't say I, or anyone else here would have done anything differently than Trayvon. I don't know though, maybe Farmer would have just rolled over and submitted if a strange armed man was stalking him.

This is just it. I don't think Trayvon had stranger danger in mind since he was 17 and at that age you probably don't worry about men in vans offering candy, but he was provoked into acting by Zimmerman none the less, he just chose fight instead of flight. This is a general trend, especially in America where just a threat of any kind including minor injury is enough to shoot another person dead to prevent it. You see multiple cops fill people with lead because they were holding a knife. The threat level required to justify shooting someone dead is extremely low. Like someone on the news said the other day, "I have seen athletes with wounds worse than Zimmerman's jump off the bench and get back into the game."

July 16, 2013, 12:30 p.m.

Farmer - what do you expect from Oakland?

for you ohmagerd media suckas

While we are at it,

You tell me?

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/jordan-davis-update-michael-dunn-charged-with-first-degree-murder-trial-scheduled-for-september-23

And you're missing the point:

_And Davis' mother says she doesn't want race to be the focus of her son's case.

"It's apparent that Michael Dunn is white, it's apparent that Jordan is black," Lucia McBath Davis told HLN's "Raising America." "But the issue is the 'stand your ground' laws. The issue is not the racial part of it. We're not going to center and focus on that, because that doesn't do any good for the country. We're not going to incite racism in this country. The bigger picture is making a change in the laws so that … this doesn't continue to happen."
_

July 16, 2013, 12:46 p.m.

I would have to coach my child depending on what the laws are where we live. Obviously, Florida is off the list.

July 16, 2013, 1:29 p.m.

This story is very layered and obviously race played a part in both Zimmerman profiling Trayvon and how the police handled the arrest, but for me the most nauseating part of all this is that the court just basically gave the OK to any pussy that wants to goad someone into a fight and then shoot them once they start losing the fight. That is fucked.

And you also have the Law Enforcement side where any LE who feels threatened by anyone, can use lethal force as self defence regardless if the "perp" is already on the run.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

July 16, 2013, 1:33 p.m.

This is a metaphor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq715Jeza5s

July 16, 2013, 1:41 p.m.

The four black men will be found guilty and sentenced to death. They will not be given a permit to return to vigilante justice, profile white people based on their appearance, stalk them, kill them, and be found not guilty again.

His point isnt about the "justice". I think was more about whats aired and allowed on US National News.

Here's another story that I dont recall seeing on the MSM or NSMB (mayhaps bc I didnt post it).

NSFW - Disturbing details - Vanessa Coleman Trial

And here are some of those details since everyones up in arms about "race" and yes the victims were white and the aggressors, african american.

_They were forced to drive to an old clapboard house in one of Knoxville’s toughest areas, where their captors subjected them to a nightmare ordeal which now happened more than five years ago.

Mr Newsom was tied up and raped, shot in the back of the head and then dragged to a railway track and set on fire. But his girlfriend’s death came after she was raped and savaged with a chair leg.

She was beaten in the head and household bleach was poured down her throat and over her bleeding and battered genital area in an attempt by her attackers to cover any evidence of rape.

Then she was ‘hog-tied’ with curtains and a strip of bedding and a plastic bag was wrapped over her face. Her body was stashed inside five rubbish liners and dumped in a bin, where she suffocated_

So if you or anyone wants to make this about race, thats entirely up to you.

But the again, Justice is supposed to be Black [HTML_REMOVED] White, right?

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

July 16, 2013, 1:45 p.m.

This is just it. I don't think Trayvon had stranger danger in mind since he was 17 and at that age you probably don't worry about men in vans offering candy, but he was provoked into acting by Zimmerman none the less, he just chose fight instead of flight. This is a general trend, especially in America where just a threat of any kind including minor injury is enough to shoot another person dead to prevent it. You see multiple cops fill people with lead because they were holding a knife. The threat level required to justify shooting someone dead is extremely low. Like someone on the news said the other day, "I have seen athletes with wounds worse than Zimmerman's jump off the bench and get back into the game."

Sorry dude, but come on, at 17, you'd be freaked out by a guy stalking, then chasing you with a gun on his hip. Who knows though, maybe you're some kind of f*cking ninja badass.

He's was a f*cking child, deemed to immature to purchase alcohol, gamble, join the military or sign up for a credit card, I really hope you're not trying to say that he's partially responsible for his own death simply for defending himself against and older, armed, unidentified assailant with a violent criminal record.

July 16, 2013, 1:45 p.m.

I would have to coach my child depending on what the laws are where we live. Obviously, Florida is off the list.

C'mon Zed, don't write off FLA. Sure the odds of getting shot go up exponentially but where else can you have your parent teacher interview by hitting the strip club with a pocket full of singles??

July 16, 2013, 1:53 p.m.

Hypothetical, you live in Florida. I'm your child. Coach me on what I should do if an armed stranger has been following me in his car and is now chasing me through the neighborhood at night. I've already been screaming for help (as witnessed by neighbors), no one is coming to help me. Go!

Sidebar
People trying to hang the blame for this on a 17 year old kid are f*cking pathetic and should be ashamed of themselves.
/Sidebar