would you date an older woman? like 60yrs old?

Jan. 31, 2014, 7:47 p.m.

[QUOTE=heckler's better 1/2;2803902]Apparently at 62, Kathy Smith was able to kick some ass on the Grouse Grind last week. Beating out a healthy and fit 30 yo mtn biker :)

[IMG][http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/mediaserver/ViewMedia?mgid=317980[HTML_REMOVED]vid;=4[HTML_REMOVED]download;=1[/IMG]/QUOTE]

I saw her on global news and she looked pretty friggen fit, and demoed some pretty good strength calisthenics. I thought she was about 45….

WTF, Over?

Jan. 31, 2014, 8:35 p.m.

The 58 yr old sitting next at the table next to me looked pretty okay

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 31, 2014, 8:45 p.m.

The 58 yr old sitting next at the table next to me looked pretty okay

Pics?

Jan. 31, 2014, 9:14 p.m.

I left as I was already breaking my "don't go out after dark" rule

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 1, 2014, 1:12 a.m.

i like this one.. 51 yrs

Feb. 3, 2014, 10:03 p.m.

I was telling this hot young woman I was training with that the young women are cool but its their mom's I'm interested in so she offered to introduce me to her single mom …who's your grand daddy?

Feb. 4, 2014, 9:32 a.m.

well seeing as we all know you're only 26, who was this 30yr old?

She kicked Marvel's ass, which isn't an easy task as she is pretty darn fit for a 30 yo!

Us youth bunch aren't a fair comparison.

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

Feb. 4, 2014, 2:33 p.m.

Wait..you're judging based on photos taken when they're all make-up'd and hair-did? Show me what they'll look like in the morning..

probably not that great cuz they didn't get any sleep due to menopuase, you know the hot flashes at night that soaks the bed with sweat which wakes them up.

You won't look that hot either cuz if they ain't sleepin neither are you after they have reached over and biffed you claiming that your snoring woke them up

Feb. 4, 2014, 3:23 p.m.

You won't look that hot either cuz if they ain't sleepin neither are you after they have reached over and biffed you claiming that your snoring woke them up

I don't have to wait till 60 for that, xxx_er!!

Feb. 4, 2014, 4:38 p.m.

with that horse face not a chance.

ahhh….. jees, and you busted my balls for a generalized comment regarding a style of 'art'. I guess you are allowed to make mean jokes.. :)

….But then again she does have a horse face, and most people in burlesque are fat and/or ugly. Yeah, we agree!! lol

Feb. 4, 2014, 4:43 p.m.

ahhh….. jees, and you busted my balls for a generalized comment regarding a style of 'art'. I guess you are allowed to make mean jokes.. :)

….But then again she does have a horse face, and most people in burlesque are fat and/or ugly. Yeah, we agree!! lol

ha! what took you so long.

yes, not one of my finer posts.
horse face was seinfeld reference, doesn't make it ok tho.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 4, 2014, 4:44 p.m.

Ya Splinky - where's your love for the 60+ burlesque types and not just these supermodels.

Feb. 4, 2014, 4:55 p.m.

Ya Splinky - where's your love for the 60+ burlesque types and not just these supermodels.

it was just a post about how an older woman who's taken good care of herself still looks amazing. read into it what you will.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 4, 2014, 5:28 p.m.

it was just a post about how an older woman who's taken good care of herself still looks amazing. read into it what you will.

aka not fat

Feb. 4, 2014, 5:58 p.m.

aka not fat

of for sure. it's something i've discussed in other threds before but there's a strong correlation for many people between a healthy diet, regular exercise and lower levles of body fat. generally if you do the right right things consistently over your lifetime there's not reason you can't still be vibrant at 50, 60 and beyond. i think that she emboies that even if she's had a little bit of help in that pic, so why not celebrate it?. locally, peter morin or bryan's dad stands out as good examples of an older person still living a great life due to a lifetime of activity and taking care of themselves.

now if you want to talk about personal preferences when it comes to level of body fat i've dated really petite/thin women and also some bigger women. do i prefer a fitter body type? sure, but that's not what it's all about. i remember once a good friend said to me regarding dating, "focus on finding a good person first."

along those lines, it's okay to have certain physical preferences, but i don't think it's ok to devalue someone by labelling fat. while that may not be the intent, our societal values tend associate those who are heavier or fat to be not as "good" as people who are thinner and this is a bigger issue for women that it is for men. hence why i spoke up in the star wars burlesque thread. i also thought i did a pretty good job of keeping that post on topic and not making it an attack or busting anyone's balls with it.

i know it's a bigger issue for me than most on here, but i'm also exposed to the negative consequences of such behaviour that some people have to deal with as well so my perspective is quite differnt than the attitude of "people just need a thicker sking b/c it's the internet excuse."

Ellen Langer