When war is required

July 25, 2008, 7:18 p.m.

I hope at least canada has the compassion to send some peace keepers to kill those deranged warlords.

There is no excuse for that kind of corruption and hatred.

Ok, let's clarify.

Peackeepers don't kill. They are there to mediate and referee the treaty and what not.

The people you want to send are called warriors. These are members of the combat arms and members of such units as CSOR or PPCLI. They are the ones who deliver death and mayhem upon the enemy.

They are usually from the combat infantry and the last people you ever want to piss off.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 25, 2008, 7:21 p.m.

There is no excuse for the UN to sit around with their thumbs up their asses. Screw peace keepers, I want the most ass kicking MFers we have to take war to their doorstep. This just keeps happening, and we never show up for these people that pray for us to come.

It's simple, the UN should have (if they don't already) a failed state watch list, and if there is any evidence of ethnic cleansing we move in whether it is state sanctioned or just out of the state's control. Not after years of debate, but tomorrow. Why do we spend billions on planes that can land teams anywhere in the world if we don't use them for this?

Sure let's go to the UN. Brilliant, let's turn to the organiziation that has more failures then the Canucks and the Maple Leafs combined. Those guy's asshole to asshole couldn't produce a bean fart in a hurricane.

Does anyone recall the failures called Rwanda and the Former Yugoslavia? Which by the way was all under the UN's watch and command.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

July 25, 2008, 8:42 p.m.

The UN is extremely useful in that it forces the Nuclear powers to sit around a table and talk instead of throwing nukes at each other. For other stuff… not so much. But then, if they had teeth, they wouldn't be allowed in as peacekeepers; must be hell on the soldiers.

That said, UNICEF [HTML_REMOVED] UNESCO do good work.

July 25, 2008, 9:48 p.m.

just tell the Americans that there's oil in Darfur, that'll get them going…

GPABoosters: SFU/UBC course review database
:ukraine:

Youtube clips are about as useful to me as a miniskirt in Iran.

July 25, 2008, 9:50 p.m.

Reading an article like that reminds me of how good my life (and everyone else's on this board) is.

July 25, 2008, 9:51 p.m.

Reading an article like that reminds me of how good my life (and everyone else's on this board) is.

And how much we take it for granted.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

July 25, 2008, 9:59 p.m.

just tell the Americans that there's oil in Darfur, that'll get them going…

There is, and China is using it.

July 25, 2008, 10:06 p.m.

Ladies and gents if you really want to make some sort of difference after reading this article please look up "Canadian students for darfur" either in face book or just google and help those hits financially.

Posted via Mobile Device

all investing is is a type of arbitrage, and thats not gambling. theres an element of risk and potential of profit involved, but those are broad and dont qualify somthing as gambling.

most Christians I know, myself included, would say that science is the way through which we learn about everything that God has created, but we learn at the pace which he sets for us.

July 25, 2008, 10:07 p.m.

Do you relize why russia, serbia and any "eastern" state is up in arms about kosovo declaring independence?

That did nothing but fuel this hatred.

Even today serbs are still being murdered, their businesses are being destroyed and monasteries are still under KFOR protection.

And the actions of milosivich was to protect the serbs that were being murdered and attacked every day.

oh really, and how do you account for the hundreds and thousands of Croatians and Bosnians that the serbs on Milosivics orders "ethnically cleansed".

Do try to get it right before you post. let me actually provide the forum with a little demographic information.

Croatia, predominantly Catholic..
Bosnia. predominantly Muslim
Kosovo, predominantly Muslim
Serbia, predominantly Orthodox.

so is it any wonder that someone like Majin who goes through life with blinders on to the reality of the world is denying that Serbs can do no wrong. They play on his team, so to speak.

what that particular geographic regions problem is a case of "my god is better than your god",
same in Iraq, (the US looking for the god of Oil) same in the Gaza strip/Isreal/Palestine, same in Dafur, same in most conflicts throughout the centuries. It's sickening,

i'm a has been, trying to be a never was on the comeback trail.

July 25, 2008, 10:14 p.m.

There is, and China is using it.

well then they are doing it wrong. The point is to beat the piss out of the Arabs American style (in this case, a good thing) THEN take the oil

China FTL

GPABoosters: SFU/UBC course review database
:ukraine:

Youtube clips are about as useful to me as a miniskirt in Iran.

July 25, 2008, 10:23 p.m.

oh really, and how do you account for the hundreds and thousands of Croatians and Bosnians that the serbs on Milosivics orders "ethnically cleansed".

he accounts for it the same way he accounts for anything, plain old ignorance

turn off sigs…it will change your life

July 26, 2008, 1:12 a.m.

Two words: Power Vacuum. More fighting, more factions, more extreme activities as the factions fight to outdo each other. More opportunity for other players (Russia? China? Iran? The US? Europe?*) to step in.

Not saying it wouldn't work; just pointing out the major issue.

• from each other's points of view, I mean

yeah i thought about that afterward.. that's probably guaranteed to happen ( did something similar happen in Somalia w/ the warlords? as soon as one got taken down, someone else just stepped up to take over? )

perhaps at the very least, unofficially sponsoring some guys to help bolster the resistance and establish safe zones? while giving the right groups the appropriate training/resources to eventually help themselves? and hopefully the good guys don't go overboard and turn into the next problem.. but unfortunately odds are that's just wishful thinking

aside: http://council.smallwarsjournal.com/showthread.php?t=629[HTML_REMOVED]page=2
interesting discussion/info about PMCs and low intensity conflicts; Blackwater and Darfur

July 26, 2008, 4 a.m.

Yeah? Bothers you eh? Have you ever been there? No? Then shut the hell up and stay in your lane.

Actually YES I HAVE you idiot. I went there when I was in greece to see the distruction myself of the displacement of thousand of orthodox serbs being cleansed by muslims/atheist albanians. All for religion/region.

Have you been reading the headlines lately? Wait till russia goes in there to protect the serbs.

July 26, 2008, 4:07 a.m.

Do try to get it right before you post. let me actually provide the forum with a little demographic information.

Croatia, predominantly Catholic..
Bosnia. predominantly Muslim
Kosovo, predominantly Muslim
Serbia, predominantly Orthodox.

so is it any wonder that someone like Majin who goes through life with blinders on to the reality of the world is denying that Serbs can do no wrong. They play on his team, so to speak.

what that particular geographic regions problem is a case of "my god is better than your god",
same in Iraq, (the US looking for the god of Oil) same in the Gaza strip/Isreal/Palestine, same in Dafur, same in most conflicts throughout the centuries. It's sickening,

http://www.kosovo.net/default2.html

Never said serbs did no wrong.

July 26, 2008, 6:53 a.m.

^ still, it seems that your original posts were very naive. :scream:

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer