The Decline of Vancouver.

June 23, 2016, 3:50 p.m.

You forgot to end that with, "I only play a lawyer on TV".

In the context of BC housing, what international laws are relevant?

In the context of BC how do I, as a foreigner, bring $5,000,000 in cash into the country?

In the context of your second sentence, your random word generator is working to perfection.

A wise man once said, "There's something fucky going on".

how do you buy a house in phoenix? or costa rica ? your saying you need to launder the money illegally to do so ?

its called a wire transfer

June 23, 2016, 4:02 p.m.

how do you buy a house in phoenix? or costa rica ? your saying you need to launder the money illegally to do so ?

its called a wire transfer

[Your] saying things, I'm asking things.

If I have å ƒ25,748,073, can I just call up RBC and deposit it there?

June 23, 2016, 4:24 p.m.

[Your] saying things, I'm asking things.

If I have å ƒ25,748,073, can I just call up RBC and deposit it there?

no but you can wire it from your hong kong bank account, just like you dont need to go down to the USA with a suitcase of cash to buy a property.

Im all for taxing foreign ownership but this money laundering aspect is not the issue in most cases IMO

June 23, 2016, 4:31 p.m.

no but you can wire it from your hong kong bank account, just like you dont need to go down to the USA with a suitcase of cash to buy a property.

Neat. So if I'm a Mexican drug lord, I can just set up a recurring payment of $1,000,000USD to my Canadian bank account?

Sign me up!

June 23, 2016, 5:01 p.m.

Funny that, ain't it. Seems so easy yet it hasn't been done. Almost like a certain group of people that run the show don't want to go there.

Yeah it does get done the banks catch the money launderer s

but what happens is the banks catch them laundering money when the money lands in Canada

The bank writes a letter to accompany the check telling the customer they can no longer do business but the money is already here

The bank actualy loses money complying with the law

If the laundwrd money were confiscated it would stop right away

June 23, 2016, 5:38 p.m.

Totes.

June 23, 2016, 9:17 p.m.

The bank actualy loses money complying with the law

i think i see were the problem is….

June 24, 2016, 5:15 a.m.

i think i see were the problem is….

lol…

no conflict of interest here…

June 24, 2016, 5:40 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-jXe0x4YdM

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 25, 2016, 10:24 a.m.

I think what were living under is corporatism. That is, we have once again been delegated to serfdom but instead of Kings we are ruled by Corporations with immense lobbying powers.

I too agree its mostly an electorate problem.

How do we change this?

By not fearing the loss of all our flaming sh!t and going full-on anarchy. Period.

But we've become a complacent people; burrowing in our excesses of consumer material wealth and possession; everything in its place and perfect; working jobs we hate to buy shit we don't need (Tyler Durden); there's always one model better, one that's shinier, and enough is never enough when everything says more than enough won't do.

Hole, we dug it. Corporatocracy rules it. TV, iPhones, FB, all of this personal tech feeds us like hamsters. There is no more truth in news. News in only an opinion with heavy subversive directives to steer the masses. The growth of subjectivity and pursuit of pinnacle social mediocrity is where we're at. Feel bad, buy. Feel great, buy. Can't get it? Complain, buy.

Yep. Weird, sad and scary all the same. My guess is I'll be bowing out of it sooner than later, a fair adieu if so…

Sincerely,
Dirtier-than-meets-the-eye-Sanchez

"I'm addicted to surfing."

June 25, 2016, 10:27 a.m.

but what happens is the banks catch them laundering money when the money lands in Canada

The bank writes a letter to accompany the check telling the customer they can no longer do business but the money is already here

The bank actually loses money complying with the law

If the laundered money were confiscated it would stop right away

Panama Papers revealed - they blew the whistle on competing launderers, but the core facilitation came from cats who simply wanted some grubs out of the way to carry on doing "bigger" laundering.

There's always at least a play or three above what we see and are told. Bigger triggers being pulled. Guaranteed.

"I'm addicted to surfing."

June 25, 2016, 9:32 p.m.

Yeah I'm pretty sure what I'm talking about is just yer everyday low level money launderer

the big boys don't get caught

June 26, 2016, 3:14 a.m.

Your Premier took to YouTube to say some words.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/christy-clark-youtube-video-on-affordable-housing-1.3653136

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCgf34nOw3M

June 26, 2016, 4:37 a.m.

What a joke.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 26, 2016, 6:49 a.m.

What a joke.

Comments disabled on the video :nono: