Russia

April 4, 2022, 11:06 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: heckler

Posted by: Fast-Orange

This will go down in history as Russia's biggest military failure since they fought Japan a century ago. For similar reasons too I.e. grossly underestimating their adversary yet again. 

Ukrainian defenders taking notice of the shoddy condition of the tires on the vehicles have been intentionally flooding their fields. The figurative quagmire has become a literal one while the steady stream of dead Russian sons continues.... 

Citizens of Kiev haven't even had to use those molotovs yet.

Володимир Зеленський

@ZelenskyyUa

·

Mar 31

Ukraine government official

High time to finally discard the outdated Soviet spelling of our cities and adopt the correct Ukrainian form. Grateful to Japan and

@kishida230 for already doing so and encourage others to follow. #KyivNotKiev

It is pronounced KEE-ef as well, not Keev.

While we're at it let's do this for every city and country in the world. 

Deutschland not Germany 

中国 not China 

And let's make sure every non English speaking country drops their names for all the other countries in their language as well.

April 4, 2022, 12:04 p.m.

This will go down in history as Russia's biggest military failure since they fought Japan a century ago. For similar reasons too I.e. grossly underestimating their adversary yet again. 

Ukrainian defenders taking notice of the shoddy condition of the tires on the vehicles have been intentionally flooding their fields. The figurative quagmire has become a literal one while the steady stream of dead Russian sons continues.... 

Володимир Зеленський

@ZelenskyyUa

·

Mar 31

High time to finally discard the outdated Soviet spelling of our cities and adopt the correct Ukrainian form. Grateful to Japan and

Deutschland not Germany 

中国 not China 

And let's make sure every non English speaking country drops their names for all the other countries in their language as well.

I can understand the sentiment behind Kyiv instead of Kiev. 

So, your point is?

April 4, 2022, 2:33 p.m.

Володимир Зеленський

@ZelenskyyUa

·

Mar 31

Deutschland not Germany 

中国 not China 

OK.  Seriously, I am not going to do it on my own, but I don't understand why we would not call a country by it's name, or at least something as close as we can.  It's not like it is hard to say Deutschland.  If Germans want this I am OK with it.  

Kyiv is a little different though.  It's not like we get our pronunciation of China from Japan.  Turkey isn't Turkey anymore either.  The world is changing FO.

April 4, 2022, 4:15 p.m.

Володимир Зеленський

@ZelenskyyUa

·

Mar 31

KEE-yev is the Russian pronunciation.  KEE-yiv is Ukranian.  KEEV is American politician and broadcaster.

April 4, 2022, 4:25 p.m.

Володимир Зеленський

@ZelenskyyUa

·

Mar 31

Deutschland not Germany 

中国 not China 

While we're at it, can we do something about the atrocious accents that will likely be used by foreigners when pronouncing each country's name in it's mother tongue? I mean, it's 2022 people. If you can't roll your R's, f*ck off.

April 4, 2022, 7:06 p.m.

So while you are busy arguing grammar and such... Russian Forces have been busy executing civilians which was discovered after they retreated from towns and villages near Kyiv.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ukraine-war-bucha-1.6407343

I now await the missive of it is all a conspiracy from the usual sources of ass drivel.

April 4, 2022, 9:55 p.m.

Putin will eventually follow Milošević to war crimes court. That won’t help his victims though.

I am truly grateful for the history that Wiki makes accessible at click of my thumb.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slobodan_Milošević

Last edited by: heckler on April 4, 2022, 9:57 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 4, 2022, 10:19 p.m.

I've been thinking that it would be appropriate if he met the same fate as Ceaușescu did in Romania.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolae_Ceau%C8%99escu

April 4, 2022, 11:41 p.m.

Posted by: Endurimil

So while you are busy arguing grammar and such... Russian Forces have been busy executing civilians which was discovered after they retreated from towns and villages near Kyiv.

I now await the missive of it is all a conspiracy from the usual sources of ass drivel.

There are already official statements by the Russian government, saying that it's all a lie and Ukrainian propaganda to discredit Russia.

April 4, 2022, 11:43 p.m.

Posted by: PaulB

I've been thinking that it would be appropriate if he met the same fate as Ceaușescu did in Romania.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolae_Ceau%C8%99escu

Actually I thought about him a few weeks ago, along with the notion that a revolution will not be televised, meaning that such incidents could have not really foreseen or foretold by observers. I remember when everybody in Europe was shocked at the speed with which Romania disintegrated back then. No one would have thought it possible.

I saw on IG that

Last edited by: Mic on April 4, 2022, 11:45 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 5, 2022, 9:23 a.m.

Posted by: Mic

There are already official statements by the Russian government, saying that it's all a lie and Ukrainian propaganda to discredit Russia.

Of course and easily done when you shut down any media that dares question you and arrest anyone you decide is part of the unwanted.

April 5, 2022, 6:45 p.m.

For the record I know Kyiv is correct and I'm not against it. it's just fun to remember that every country has as many different names as there are languages.

April 5, 2022, 6:47 p.m.

They have satellite images of corpses from weeks ago when the town was still under Russian control.

April 5, 2022, 8:43 p.m.

They have satellite images of corpses from weeks ago when the town was still under Russian control.

Friend sent me this.

https://www.britannica.com/place/Ukraine/Ukraine-on-the-path-to-independence

So even after WW2 Stalin and others made attempts to exterminate Ukrainian Culture and it's people via starvation and so on. 

So with all this info coming to light and the clear hatred of the existence of anything Ukrainian. Makes one start to wonder if the nuclear plant placed in Chernobyl was done because the people where viewed as the unwanted. And because of that view experiments with the reactor that led the meltdown where done there specifically because how Russia and the Kremlin viewed Ukraine?

April 6, 2022, 8:38 a.m.

For the record I know Kyiv is correct and I'm not against it. it's just fun to remember that every country has as many different names as there are languages.

Le Mexique!  I remember learning this in Grade 8 French and it really bothered me for some reason.