Russia

April 7, 2022, 9:19 a.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Posted by: Mic

Posted by: Endurimil

So while you are busy arguing grammar and such... Russian Forces have been busy executing civilians which was discovered after they retreated from towns and villages near Kyiv.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ukraine-war-bucha-1.6407343

I now await the missive of it is all a conspiracy from the usual sources of ass drivel.

There are already official statements by the Russian government, saying that it's all a lie and Ukrainian propaganda to discredit Russia.

They have satellite images of corpses from weeks ago when the town was still under Russian control.

Yep, a lot of the carnage can be clearly seen long before the Russians left. Yet Russia still playing the "fake news" card.

April 7, 2022, 9:22 a.m.

So while you are busy arguing grammar and such... Russian Forces have been busy executing civilians which was discovered after they retreated from towns and villages near Kyiv.

I now await the missive of it is all a conspiracy from the usual sources of ass drivel.

There are already official statements by the Russian government, saying that it's all a lie and Ukrainian propaganda to discredit Russia.

They have satellite images of corpses from weeks ago when the town was still under Russian control.

Friend sent me this.

https://www.britannica.com/place/Ukraine/Ukraine-on-the-path-to-independence

So even after WW2 Stalin and others made attempts to exterminate Ukrainian Culture and it's people via starvation and so on. 

So with all this info coming to light and the clear hatred of the existence of anything Ukrainian. Makes one start to wonder if the nuclear plant placed in Chernobyl was done because the people where viewed as the unwanted. And because of that view experiments with the reactor that led the meltdown where done there specifically because how Russia and the Kremlin viewed Ukraine?

Interesting speculation, but the Chernobyl meltdown wasn't caused by experiments, it was due to a poor design and poor training.

April 7, 2022, 9:35 a.m.

Posted by: mammal

Friend sent me this.

https://www.britannica.com/place/Ukraine/Ukraine-on-the-path-to-independence

So even after WW2 Stalin and others made attempts to exterminate Ukrainian Culture and it's people via starvation and so on. 

So with all this info coming to light and the clear hatred of the existence of anything Ukrainian. Makes one start to wonder if the nuclear plant placed in Chernobyl was done because the people where viewed as the unwanted. And because of that view experiments with the reactor that led the meltdown where done there specifically because how Russia and the Kremlin viewed Ukraine?

Interesting speculation, but the Chernobyl meltdown wasn't caused by experiments, it was due to a poor design and poor training.

True. Though was more thinking along the lines of unofficial policy.  Like what learned while working for City of Toronto Parks and Rec there was certain policies staff where told to enforce yet if you start asking for where it is in writing you know so have something to back it up when dealing with public. You discover that well it is actually an unoffical policy in place because some manager wanted it a certain way, no one questioned it nor was ever written down, and now it just is.

April 7, 2022, 11:25 a.m.

I mean, Chernobyl operated for 9 years before the meltdown, so if it was a planned "experiment", they were certainly playing the long game. Pointless speculation at this point, but still seems like quite a reach.

April 8, 2022, 7:57 p.m.

Makes one start to wonder if the nuclear plant placed in Chernobyl was done because the people where viewed as the unwanted.

I call pure and utter bullshit, when you look up the number of Russia located nuclear power plants.

April 10, 2022, 4:37 p.m.

Figured this was on topic enough.

April 10, 2022, 7:44 p.m.

I prefer articles over screenshots of tweets.    Checking the first one is enough for me to ignore twitter posts.

https://www.snopes.com/ap/2019/09/23/the-story-behind-bidens-son-ukraine-and-trumps-claims/

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/03/hunter-biden-left-ukrainian-company-in-2019-contrary-to-ted-nugent-post/

Hunter Biden served on the board of the Ukrainian oil and gas company Burisma Holdings from 2014 to 2019. But Ted Nugent posted a Facebook meme falsely insinuating that Hunter’s payments from the company ended with the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

April 10, 2022, 7:46 p.m.

and my favourite twitter debunker...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burisma#:~:text=As%20of%2014%20October%202019,the%20board%20in%20January%202014.

Management

Aleksander Kwaśniewski, former President of the Republic of Poland, was appointed to the board in January 2014.[37][38]

Taras Burdeinyi is the chief executive officer of Burisma Holdings,[1][11] and Alan Apter is chairman of the board of directors.[2][3] As of 14 October 2019, the members of the board of directors, in order of seniority, are Alan Apter, Aleksander Kwaśniewski, Joseph Cofer Black, Karina Zlochevska, Christina Sofocleous, Riginos Charalampous, and Marina Pericleous.[2][3] Aleksander Kwaśniewski, former president of Poland, joined the board in January 2014.[37][38] In 2017, Joseph Cofer Black, former director of the Counterterrorism Center of the Central Intelligence Agency (1999–2002) in the George W. Bush administration and former Ambassador-at-Large for counter-terrorism (2002–2004), was appointed to the board.[39] Karina Zlochevska, daughter of Mykola Zlochevskiy, was also appointed in February 2016.[2][3]

In April 2014, Devon Archer, a former senior adviser to the John Kerry 2004 presidential campaign, and Hunter Biden, an attorney and the son of then-US vice president Joe Biden, joined the board.[37][40] Archer left the company in 2018[41] and Hunter Biden left in April 2019, when his term as a director expired.[9]

Last edited by: heckler on April 10, 2022, 7:47 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 10, 2022, 7:49 p.m.

Now please go back to twitter and debunk the post for me, would ya?  kthxbye.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-pelosi-kerry-romney-sons-uk-idUSKBN2A42N9

Fact check: Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry and Mitt Romney do not have sons on boards of energy companies doing business in Ukraine

By Reuters Staff

April 10, 2022, 7:50 p.m.

Seriously?  A screenshot from 2019?  FML, why do I even bother.

April 11, 2022, 1:20 a.m.

Posted by: heckler

Seriously?  A screenshot from 2019?  FML, why do I even bother.

Rhetorical answer to the question....because there are still things that trigger you. Which is a good thing. 

And debunking such horse manure is important, but I highly doubt that it changes anything. Emotions and feelings associated with The Bogeyman and Pizzagate and Alternative Facts and That Laptop and whatnot are powerful mechanisms, this is exactly what these posts want, as we know. 

I am too busy recovering from a serious 12 weeks stretch at work and I do no longer bother with posts like that. As I have said before....it is impossible to tell  blind person about the color red. Same goes for people who think they are experts on politics (domestic and international), warfare, science, not to mention biology and health.

April 11, 2022, 9:59 a.m.

The need to pedal these lies is really interesting to me.  Hunter is a trainwreck and obviously his position at Burisma was totally due to his last name and whatever clout that would garner the company, but the way in which they take a scandal, or in this case just bad optics, and then milk it for years with no real obvious purpose is pretty impressive.  The rubes that follow Trump probably can't even articulate why the Democrats would be so enthralled with Ukraine or why it is bad if they were, but it works anyway just because in their heads you can associate the words Biden, Ukraine, and corruption.  How can there ever be a reconciling in America when there are so many people obsessed with one man's lies?

April 11, 2022, 6:02 p.m.

^^^

Republicans and Trump lies are like most men and fake boobs; they don't care that they're fake and they are easy to get excited about.

April 11, 2022, 7:29 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Figured this was on topic enough.

What process, if any, did you go through to verify this information?

April 11, 2022, 7:34 p.m.

Seeing the images and hearing the eyewitness accounts coming out of Bucha....something changed in me. 

If we have to have a world war to stop this maniac then I guess that's what has to happen. I'm not moved by the western vow to resist Putin down to the last Ukranian. It's just too much to ask of them. Last time I remember feeling this upset was when the US shocked and awed Baghdad.