google+ invites

July 20, 2011, 4:15 p.m.

The circles really set it apart….and the hangouts…from what I hear the best video group chat going.

So with circles are they like separate lists so one circle has no idea about the other? you would think Facebook would have thought of this ages ago so college kids could have one for family and another for late night hook ups.

July 20, 2011, 4:30 p.m.

This is pretty lame and pretty much a fb rip-off, I can't see everybody ditching fb for it as its too well established. Meh on the video chat, never liked using that anyway and not really seeing the point of circles much as I'm not five and don't need to post a lot of pish on fb that i would want to hide from certain groups.

July 20, 2011, 4:34 p.m.

Google+ = sausage fest

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 30, 2012, 12:09 p.m.

So how big a flop has goolge+ been?

July 30, 2012, 12:15 p.m.

google what?

July 30, 2012, 12:40 p.m.

If there actually is a goolge+, it is probably more popular than google+.

July 30, 2012, 1:52 p.m.

so, who bought facebook shares?

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/fb/stock-chart

July 30, 2012, 2:06 p.m.

not really flopped at all…

*G+ posts can show up in google search engine results pages. This is pretty large.

*Using rel="publisher" and rel="author" tags, linking your sites About page to your G+ account allows for author image [HTML_REMOVED] links to appear under your articles in SERPs as well. This is great…bloggers need to start writing guest posts to capitalize.

*G+ Hangouts: yes please.

And more I'm sure.

Like how about all those people that linked their other social accounts to their G+ profile….Yes please, we'll take that tracking cookie and use that demographics info for re-targeting.

viperfunk.com

July 30, 2012, 2:24 p.m.

I've heard that photographers are liking G+ enough that it's starting to hurt Flickr.

G+ definitely isn't going to displace FB as a place to let family and friends know what you did this weekend, but I find it much better for having ongoing discussions about topics of interest.

July 30, 2012, 2:30 p.m.

*G+ posts can show up in google search engine results pages. This is pretty large.

*Using rel="publisher" and rel="author" tags, linking your sites About page to your G+ account allows for author image [HTML_REMOVED] links to appear under your articles in SERPs as well. This is great…bloggers need to start writing guest posts to capitalize.

And more I'm sure.

Like how about all those people that linked their other social accounts to their G+ profile….Yes please, we'll take that tracking cookie and use that demographics info for re-targeting.

I have no doubt it kill's with technical function, it's a google thing after all so that makes sense.

But what are the user numbers?

I only bumped this because I had some email from the google+ team in my inbox this morning telling me what friends were on it. So I clicked on them….none are actually using it.

July 30, 2012, 2:33 p.m.

And more I'm sure.

I know for a fact that in actual social media marketing and management G+ has become quite a big tool for the above reasons and is now quite heavily used by a lot of organizations that have a big online presence as well as more well known bloggers and non-profits.

For me it's become sort of like an expanded twitter feed with some of the features of Facebook but without a lot of the garbage. I still use both, but in very different ways. Also Hangouts are by far and hands down the best free group video chat system out there.

July 30, 2012, 3:02 p.m.

I just posted my latest blog post on Google+. LET THE MONEY ROLL ON IN!!!!!!!!!!!!:greedy:

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

July 30, 2012, 3:29 p.m.

I've heard that photographers are liking G+ enough that it's starting to hurt Flickr.

The one button integration with Picasa makes using G+ for photo uploads great. Much better than all the clicks required to upload pics on FB.

Also easier to share pics with people who aren't on FB or G+.

July 30, 2012, 3:36 p.m.

Picasa

flickr

July 30, 2012, 3:44 p.m.

But what are the user numbers?

Some US numbers…

Facebook 158,6 (+1,0%)
YouTube 153,8 (+0,75%)
Twitter 42,6 (+0,9%)
Google+ 31,9 (+43,1%)
Linkedin 24,6 (-6,5%)
MySpace 21,9 (-8,0%)
Tumblr 21,6 (+0,1%)
Pinterest 19,4 (+0,4%)

damn….43% increase o_O

http://www.webpronews.com/for-a-ghost-town-google-sure-grew-a-lot-last-month-2012-07

viperfunk.com