Beer

Dec. 2, 2012, 7:42 p.m.

Enjoying some Steamworks Pale Ale to go with the Pizza I just made

Don't you know you're supposed to hate them?

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Dec. 2, 2012, 7:57 p.m.

Hurmphf I'm drinking a Cascadian IIPA right now.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Dec. 2, 2012, 8:31 p.m.

Unibroue's "terrible" is very good, by far their best
Driftwood's barleywine is impressive, nearly as good as north fork's
Russian river's "Pliny the elder" is my gold standard IPA. The only perfect beer I've tasted.

I keep hearing about how good Pliny the Elder is, but I've never seen it for sale anywhere. Where did you get it?

Dec. 2, 2012, 8:57 p.m.

Why is that?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 2, 2012, 9:41 p.m.

http://www.marriedtothesea.com/111612/

Dec. 2, 2012, 9:43 p.m.

Why is that?

Cause they are giant douchebags? Shit`s even on Reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/beer/duplicates/13nc80/unacceptable_steamworks_brewery_attempting_to/

I keep hearing about how good Pliny the Elder is, but I've never seen it for sale anywhere. Where did you get it?

Bottleworks has it. Theyve even had it on tap in the past. too bad its in Seattle..

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Dec. 2, 2012, 10:06 p.m.

Now I have to google search potential breweries to know if they are fair, good grief…

Everyone knows Cascadia is an imaginary geo-political region of North America. Fuck those people.

BRB pouring the evidence down my throat.

Ed
Read the first article, author named all Cascadia Ales in Canada, including GIB, then says what if one of them has deep pockets to fight Steamworks. Wonder how MolsonCoors will feel about that order?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 2, 2012, 10:43 p.m.

http://russianriverbrewing.com/where-to-get-our-beers/
It is hit and miss at all of the places that get RR beers,but that's half the fun of the hunt. I am going to bend this week so I will hope to score a mixed case of RR and I hope some that I haven't tried yet like Pliny the Younger, Beatification, Perdition and others. So good, and so well done beers.

Dec. 2, 2012, 11:12 p.m.

they make some really interesting cask-aged brews, some good, some challenging.
pliny the elder is elusive, you won't find it north of the border.
it is possibly one of the greatest brewing achievements so far in north america.
balefire bar in everett is the closest place that has stock on occasion.
if you like beer, you'll want to make a pilgrimage to russian river brewery in santa rosa. sonoma/napa valleys are close so you can make a nice boozy vacation out of it.

Dec. 2, 2012, 11:56 p.m.

It is hit and miss at all of the places that get RR beers,but that's half the fun of the hunt. I am going to bend this week so I will hope to score a mixed case of RR and I hope some that I haven't tried yet like Pliny the Younger, Beatification, Perdition and others. So good, and so well done beers.

yeah going to Portland in a couple weeks, fully intend to come back with our max.

Belmont Station time!

Dec. 3, 2012, 10:54 a.m.

Now I have to google search potential breweries to know if they are fair, good grief…

Everyone knows Cascadia is an imaginary geo-political region of North America. Fuck those people.

BRB pouring the evidence down my throat.

Ed
Read the first article, author named all Cascadia Ales in Canada, including GIB, then says what if one of them has deep pockets to fight Steamworks. Wonder how MolsonCoors will feel about that order?

Problem is, by not drinking it you are hurting almost everyone but the owner who has the patents, for him it's probably just a drop in the bucket.

Dec. 3, 2012, 3:03 p.m.

Took a walk through Legacy Liquor Store today. Picked up a few new-to-me brews…..

Dec. 3, 2012, 3:37 p.m.

Took a walk through Legacy Liquor Store today. Picked up a few new-to-me brews…..

I picked up some of that Boont Amber Ale a while back. I picked it up on a whim because it had a bear with antlers on it which amused me. Turned out to be quite good.

It was pointed out to me a bit later that apparently the bear with moose antlers is a thing:

Bear+Deer = Beer

So much clever.

Dec. 3, 2012, 9:57 p.m.

Okay, so a quick interruption to say: The Parallel 49 Black Christmas CDA is really awesome. A really good blend of hops, roasty malts and just a little fruitiness from the yeast. I need more, I think I like it more than Gigantic's Black Friday.

Dec. 4, 2012, 4:49 p.m.

Pliny is one of the best I've ever tried.

Pretty sure this is just enough hops for one medium sized batch of it: