Beer

Nov. 30, 2012, 3:43 p.m.

that would just be Bad News Bears.

and by bad news bears, you mean extremely good news bears. I think I have had 5 or 6 kegs of scottish ale from them over the years and only one was skunky. Worst. Hangover. Ever.

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

Nov. 30, 2012, 4:28 p.m.

Tried a pint of the Deschutes Jubelale last night at Hops in New Westminster.
Hooooooly shit is that good stuff!

24s of it at Costco in Bellingham.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Nov. 30, 2012, 9:19 p.m.

The Milk stout left me wondering what all the hype was about, but I'm not a fan of sweet beer.
I love a lot of Howe Sound beer, but the Devil's Elbow is mediocre at best. Their Total Eclipse of the Hop Double IPA is amazing.

Now I need to figure out who it was who started talking to me about the bacon beer at the NSMBA AGM tonight… I was confused. :)

OK, good tip. I will see if I can hunt down their Total eclipse of the Hop.

Nov. 30, 2012, 10:51 p.m.

My selection of Russian River Brewing. One day I will get a Pliny the Elder.

I figure I might as well get in on this, because I get called a beer geek by the server at my local.

Storm's Imperial Flanders red is a nice bold sour(Alibi room or st Augustine's). duchesse de bourgogne is a good starter benchmark Flanders red, Bird of Prey is the probably the best local attempt at the Red style

Milk stouts are really sweet for my tastes , R [HTML_REMOVED]B did a nice one last year but it was too sweet for me to drink all night, I have not had the 49th paralell one, mainly because I can't forgive them for the watermelon wit that they did this year.

Speaking of fruit beers and not like good lambics, What the hell was with the Howe Sound 4 Way? I am a Howe Sound Fanboy, but that was a miss in my books.

Nov. 30, 2012, 11:47 p.m.

My selection of Russian River Brewing. One day I will get a Pliny the Elder.

I figure I might as well get in on this, because I get called a beer geek by the server at my local.

Storm's Imperial Flanders red is a nice bold sour(Alibi room or st Augustine's). duchesse de bourgogne is a good starter benchmark Flanders red, Bird of Prey is the probably the best local attempt at the Red style

Milk stouts are really sweet for my tastes , R [HTML_REMOVED]B did a nice one last year but it was too sweet for me to drink all night, I have not had the 49th paralell one, mainly because I can't forgive them for the watermelon wit that they did this year.

Speaking of fruit beers and not like good lambics, What the hell was with the Howe Sound 4 Way? I am a Howe Sound Fanboy, but that was a miss in my books.

Your will power for keeping a Central City IIPA is greater than mine.

Dec. 1, 2012, 12:16 a.m.

yeah the Duchesse is awesome. I 've got a 750ml in my cellar. I need to drink my BOP, I've heard it's peaked.. but I like to talk about how much will power i have…:(

I love the Storm Flanders too.

I was just telling Dave tonight that North Fork has their ESB served on Nitro it's silky deliciousness if you're ever down that way.

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Dec. 1, 2012, 8:07 a.m.

I was just telling Dave tonight that North Fork has their ESB served on Nitro it's silky deliciousness if you're ever down that way.

Where is North Fork? I do like a good ESB.

Dec. 1, 2012, 11:05 a.m.

Where is North Fork? I do like a good ESB.

Deming.

http://www.northforkbrewery.com/

Dec. 1, 2012, 8:59 p.m.

Went a little overboard at the beer store….again. I have a completely full fridge but when I saw the Lagunitas, and the Gigantic IPAs. I figured I would make some room.
Drinking the Gigantic IPA now, and I think its in my top three IPAs for sure. Haven't tried the Howe Sound IPA before but trying it based on the advice of the board. The Stout just looked tasty.

Dec. 1, 2012, 9:02 p.m.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

Dec. 1, 2012, 10:34 p.m.

Went a little overboard at the beer store….again. I have a completely full fridge but when I saw the Lagunitas, and the Gigantic IPAs. I figured I would make some room.
Drinking the Gigantic IPA now, and I think its in my top three IPAs for sure. Haven't tried the Howe Sound IPA before but trying it based on the advice of the board. The Stout just looked tasty.

I love Le Freak. mmmmmmmm.

Dec. 2, 2012, 5:37 p.m.

Unibroue's "terrible" is very good, by far their best
Driftwood's barleywine is impressive, nearly as good as north fork's
Russian river's "Pliny the elder" is my gold standard IPA. The only perfect beer I've tasted.

Dec. 2, 2012, 5:53 p.m.

Is it just me? Or is Total Eclipse of the hop not hoppy enough. I mean its okay beer, I've had better but if your gonna name it that way it better be hoppy and its not!:lemon:

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Dec. 2, 2012, 6:23 p.m.

Is it just me? Or is Total Eclipse of the hop not hoppy enough. I mean its okay beer, I've had better but if your gonna name it that way it better be hoppy and its not!:lemon:

Ok I think that over the past 3 years the hop explosion and our exposure to truly off the charts hoppage, has changed the palates of the local consumer. Total eclipse is about a 4 to 5 year old recipe I think, and it was super hoppy for the time, but Fat Tug At about 70-80 ibu has set the local standard, and is widely consumed and available. It is about the same level of hops between the two, but not like Sierra Nevada Hoptimum, or Lagunitas Hop Stoopid. Those are some hoppy brews.

Dec. 2, 2012, 6:27 p.m.

Enjoying some Steamworks Pale Ale to go with the Pizza I just made

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.