BC drought and water use (merged)

July 16, 2015, 8:52 p.m.

i can't believe it's taken this long for someone to finally say that.

I drink from creeks and somehow dont get giardia or crypto…how is this possible???

Is it all the bottled water I drink?

Pastor of Muppets

July 16, 2015, 10:16 p.m.

I drink from creeks and somehow dont get giardia or crypto…how is this possible???

Bottled water would have to be processed by at least one of the following methods be free of crypto

- Reverse osmosis
- Distillation
- Filtered through an absolute 1 micron or smaller filter, "One micron absolute"

Says the US Center for Disease Control

I'm sure Nestle water is treated by all of the above methods and others yet to be invented by humans.

Yet again you have missed out on the context. You are now confusing the vulnerability of a water system in the face of an extreme seismic event with regular operations.

You are missing the point. Nestlé © bottled water would be available free to everyone in unlimited quantities in the event of a major disaster, while your precious "municipal water system" will be a complete shambles. See below:

July 16, 2015, 11:18 p.m.

I'm only loosely following along. Nestle boy is now trying to convince us to shower with bottled water?

:lol: Spot on. But only in big bottles. Small bottles would be wasteful

Leeching chemicals from the plastic bottles are making you immune!

My bets are on spinner working for Encorp Pacific

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 17, 2015, 12:56 a.m.

At leat water from Hope a lot better than the urine Nestlé serves to its child labourers in Africa.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 17, 2015, 1:52 a.m.

At leat water from Hope a lot better than the urine Nestlé serves to its child labourers in Africa.

That was pretty good - apart from the spelling.

:)

July 17, 2015, 2:19 a.m.

You're a spelling cop as well as a corporate lackey?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 17, 2015, 2:55 p.m.

Nominee for thread of the year contention?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 17, 2015, 10:52 p.m.

Just read an article for Pemberton Music festival goers:

[INDENT]Bring Your Own (water) Bottle: a message to music fest-goers
http://www.vancouverobserver.com/culture/music/bring-your-own-water-bottle-message-music-fest-goers
[/INDENT]

I'm all for bringing a personal water-bottle. But why do so many people report such inaccuracies and baseless information. Even the links they post contradict what they are saying …

[INDENT]"(#1) British Columbia’s water is the most drinkable on earth …

(#2) In a thorough article, BC Medical Journal states: “Consuming designer bottled water may be trendy, but it is harmful to the environment, poses a potential health hazard, and should be actively discouraged.”

(#3) Bottled water isn’t regulated or tested with the same rigour as tap water, and can even become contaminated during transport.
"[/INDENT]

1 Bullshit. Vancouver's water is, but a lot of BC suffers from water quality issues. We are the worst overall in Canada.

2 [HTML_REMOVED] #3 Nestle (for one) is very well tested, better than any tap water around. Reading the quoted article the author uses as 'proof' http://bcmj.org/council-health-promotion/bottled-vs-tap-water also reveals that it says:

:QUOTED:
[INDENT]

• Microbial monitoring results may not be typical of the entire water volume. Only a small amount of water is checked and the use of indicators might not reflect the presence of certain pa­thogens such as protozoa. Bottled water is put on the shelves after microbiological tests are completed, while drinking water reaches the consumer tap before the laboratory results come back.
  • Unlike municipal water, bottled water contains no chlorine residual. Therefore, proper transport, use, and storage is essential to preserve its mi­crobiological integrity.[2,4] On the other hand, a chlorine residual must be maintained in the distribution for tap water.
  • Health Canada noted that no known waterborne disease outbreaks have been associated with the consumption of bottled water in Canada …

[/INDENT]

Actually, the entire ncmj.org article is fraught with coliform smelling bullshit. Especially, the idea that bottled water "transport, use, and storage is essential to preserve its mi­crobiological integrity". …Folks, just don't open the fricking bottle!

I'd agree with their conclusion though, even if they trod the smelliest rotten feces strewn route to get there:

[INDENT]"Wherever there is a properly monitored, maintained, and regulated municipal drinking water supply system, such as in Greater Vancouver and Greater Victoria, steps should be taken to encourage the consumption of tap water rather than bottled water"[/INDENT]

Such shody reporting is just another example of people jumping on the anti-bottled water bus without properly hydrating their brains.

July 17, 2015, 10:58 p.m.

I think it would be best if we served water in 25ml bottles.

July 17, 2015, 11:03 p.m.

Flicking through this thread, it seems that Nestle are getting through dicks at a remarkable rate. Have another bag:

treezz
wow you are a ass

July 17, 2015, 11:06 p.m.

Can one of the admins track Spinner's IP to see what office in Nestle's headquarters building he is posting from? I mean, we know it's somewhere in the marketing department but I'd love to know exactly what desk. :rolleyes:

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

July 17, 2015, 11:21 p.m.

Where's the span filter when you need it?

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

July 17, 2015, 11:28 p.m.

I think it would be best if we served water in 25ml bottles.

A perfect size for a "measured dose".

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 17, 2015, 11:38 p.m.

Flicking through this thread, it seems that Nestle are getting through dicks at a remarkable rate. Have another bag:

Send me a few hundred bags. I'll drop them in the Capillano reservoir and you can all tell me if you notice anything different with your tap water.

Tap water. It's like filling your glass with "I'm feeling lucky". My apologies to Google.

:)

July 17, 2015, 11:44 p.m.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.